It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do u think about the movie "The Passion Of The Christ"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Only for people who have seen it of course
cause blablabla ing whithout knowledge is not very clever
Is it for u more than only a movie--- bad ---or good
???

[Edited on 7-10-2004 by dbates]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Only for people who have seen it of course
cause blablabla ing whithout knowledge is not very clever
Is it for u more than only a movie--- bad ---or good
???

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
good movie, very very poweful emotions. it's better then i would've ever thought

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It sucked...waste of money. It was just as bad as the Faces of Gore series. They had it in the wrong section of WalMart though...shoulda been in the fiction section.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I will tell you tommorow, I am going to watch it for the first time tonight.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So I caught it on video rental and all I have to say is who the hell is the spin-man that did the hype for this movie because I would like them to promote my world tour of spoon-clapping music. It wasn't bad...it wasn't great...it really wasn't anything. Perhaps I was watching it from the confines of a sensory deprivation tank and did not realize it. Big friggen whoop!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I know you said only if you've seen it.......

But I was going to watch it, until the town they filmed in was plagued by Locusts the other day. Now I think it's cursed, I ain't touching it! lol

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I fell asleep in the beginning It was pretty boring

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I plan to see it just as soon as the kids are back at school and I can watch it in peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i enjoyed it. only movie ive ever cried at. every ive come to believe in was summed up in 2 hours. im stilldebating weather to buy it or not, i think its one of those things that you should see only once.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I finally saw it today.

I don't think I will ever forget it.

Yes, I know it was a movie. I know the violence was not real. I know I was watching Jim Caviezel and not Jesus Christ, but I can safely say that it was the most emotional film I have ever seen.

I had tears running down my face at parts, my body involuntarily tensed when I watched Christ being beaten, and KayEm actually left the room a couple of times because she couldn't stand to see the way he was treated.

There is absolutely no way Mel Gibson could make a better film - it was quite simply a masterpiece.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Atheists Perspective:

I haven't cried that long or that hard in years. This movie moved me deeply. Not because I believe Christ was the messiah - because I don't. But for the evil that men do. This man's message was so dangerous to the "powers that be" that he had to be made an example of.

The imagery and the scene of a Mary's dispair at being unable to help her son was powerful. That's probably what got to me the most - a mother helpless to protect her child.

Just my 2cents.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It was one of the most powerful and emotioanl movies I have ever seen. he only movie where I actuallyed cried. Very great film.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
What... it basically amounts to a "Snuff" film... If the topic didn't happen to be "Jesus" this movie would probably have been outlawed, and someone would have been arrested..

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm not a Christian, though I have studied the bible (and countless other religions).

A very powerful and moving film...excellent job. At first I thought the Aramaic would kill it, but it actually did help the atmosphere....

It's definitely going into my collection....

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I'm not a Christian, though I have studied the bible (and countless other religions).

A very powerful and moving film...excellent job.

I'm pretty much the same, I follow no religion and personally want to puke when someone wants to tell me the message of Jesus, but I thought it was a very good film.

The thing was though that it lost it towards the end and I think Mel Gibson missed a great opportunity because the most powerful moments weren't the torture scenes for me, but that one scene where Jesus is sharing a very happy moment with his mother whilst he's building furniture.

I was hoping for more moments like that, as it was so well acted, directed and so very human and made the enevitable torture even more unbearable without actually needing to see it.

As I said I don't give two s@#ts about Jesus but from a dramatic point of view a scene like that actually made me give a s@#t about the character and I thought it was very moving because it was so human and...normal, not portraying him as this Superman type guy.

[Edited on 18-10-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I thought it was good but I probably won't watch it twice. They really beat the crap out of him. :bash:

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I could sing the praises of this movie all day long. As a Christian many emotions were stirring within me while watching this movie. My own feelings of shame at having committed the very offenses that Jesus gave his life to pay for were immense to say the least. But one unexpected emotion overwhelmed me while watching his suffering. I was filled with tremendous pride for my God. I watched him endure the unendurable and never once did he falter or waiver in his commitment to suffer. When I think about the other god�s that people serve, I knew while watching that movie, that no god is as great as my God!

Hail the Lion of the tribe of Judah!

top topics

join