It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre SD card thing. Highly strange.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
so my sd card was sitting in my dslr camera, I plugged it into my computer, and there was a weird file on it. I go into the file and there are several empty folders and several unknown format files. that are several gigs in size.

the files names and formats are all written in ALT code.

and the files are all dated in the future, except 2 are dated in the past.

any suggestions as to what they are? my virus program cant even scan them. and its not on my computer, just my SD card.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
are you brave enough to open them without a virus scan ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
you could post them online somewhere then send the link so they can be investigated, are the files protected by a password by any chance? What are the file names?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
ps ensure you are able to view hidden files (change setting in windows) if the folders appear empty but are several gig in size

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
duff card? file dates/times/sizes are all stored as attribute in the directory table so if thats got screwed up it could tell you a photo was taken in 1846 and is a few terrabytes in size

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
most 'proper' antivirus software will have scanned the files the moment the SD card was put into the pc.

Why ?
Because on windows os, just after the device is mounted the file system is checked (what type of file system and is it reported as damaged) and then the antivirus software jumps in and scans files.
All of this happens before the user is presented with the windows dialogue box asking what they would like to do.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I have no Idea....but I envy a mystery like that!

I'd say, find yourself a hacker/computer geek buddy and enlist him/her in your quest. It could be files From The Future!!!.....sent back in time by some future time vortex experiment...It may be plans on how to build a time-communication machine!!! Or perhaps it's a message from your future self warning you of something....or giving you the next ten years of Lotto Numbers!!!!

Or it could be something so incredibly mundane and ordinary, and the whole 'future dates' could simply be a huge misunderstanding.

OK...so it's almost assuredly the later...None the less, it's just too fun a mystery not to solve! I hope you share what you find!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
No but you can format (wipe) the card on your computer, and format it again on your camera and it'll be clean.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Corrupted card, reformat.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Quick question if I can interject it here.

Can a card once wiped/reformatted be brought back? As is the case with some harddrives that have been erased.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

Yep it can, google around for sd card recovery soft ware.

top topics

join