It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reasons Why...a Physics Student should make their Professor Pay the Student to read the Teachers

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If Any professor from any College or University proclaims that they know what is REALLY going on in the Universal or Multiversal realities of Physics or say they understand the rules....THEY ARE LYING!

As referenced from another conversation on this board...the poster stated....He should get his tuition back! And you know what? He is right!

All these annointed by the world of acadamia....enlightened and celebrated....some...by themselves...some by other colleagues......really are CLUELESS! Not ONE of them has an idea or theory or theorum that comes close in even the most vaugue way....on several.....physical realities that we all use every day.

None of them can explain why light or PHOTONS....behave as both particle and Wave. None can provide the tiniest glimer of why the Macro-Universe....behaves completely different to the Quantum Universe....even though the Quantum Level particles....make up the constructs of the Macro-level Celestial bodies like a planet or star.

What they CAN do....and not only charge a student a hell of a lot of money to purchase....as it is a necessity for the course.....is WRITE A BOOK.....on a bunch of CRAP....that they can't prove. This is like publishing a paper that details.....say if the Human mind could only have the ability to count to 20.....that a Professor would write that the number of fingers and toes....on a normal person....was the absolute greatest quantity.

One thing I loved about EINSTEIN was that when he was confronted by a concept known as QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT....he said to his friends....not the public though....that this concept was...as he described SPOOKY....and let it be known to his buds that.....HE and all of his PHYSICS buddies....knew absolutely JACK $#!% about what was really going on! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I agree, Split,

I am tired of professors believing they are godlike.

They are ordinary people and just as right and wrong as the rest of us.

I could have become a professor but I don't agree with their poncing attitude.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Hey man, I know books are expensive, but its hardly a bunch of crap. Its there for one to learn and build off of so one day someone can discover another little secret to add to the collection.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

I agree, Split,

I am tired of professors believing they are godlike.

They are ordinary people and just as right and wrong as the rest of us.

I could have become a professor but I don't agree with their poncing attitude.

THANK YOU! I too have been made sick to my stomach watching these types....spread their ENLIGHTENMENT ....upon us poor.....ignorant....children! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

LOL ... sorry SplitInfinity ... I did not even have to read your entire OP to know what you're talking about.

When I was taking Electronics Engineering my Logic instructor was literally putting his OWN book together and teaching his course with it! (Errors and all!) .... while that may not seem like a bad thing let me add that he was using students to be his editors and proofreaders!

While some actually participated I did not ... I figured I should get paid if I'm going to help this instructor get his own personal book together .... no wonder why I got such a bad grade in his class...I don't even know how this got past the head of the department! Maybe it didn't?? I should have talked to him:S

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Hey man, I know books are expensive, but its hardly a bunch of crap. Its there for one to learn and build off of so one day someone can discover another little secret to add to the collection.

TOO EXPENSIVE! If you are smart enough to get into one of the High End schools.....then get lucky enough....to fight your way into one of these guys classes.....THEN....you are forced to purchase a seemingly never ending number of short PAPERS....that have been made into books....each one to themselves....with a hell of a lot of filler......PAY ME TO READ YOUR GUESSES! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

You guys,

I believe that universities are housing a lot of parasites (profs and lecturers) who do not deserve to be there.

How about this? Every professor and lecturer must be rated by the students and those who fail should be thrown out.

People pay a fortune to hear the words of these people.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

EXACTLY! And the students participate with such joy....as if they were helping solve something.....that doesn't exist! LOL! Thanks! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I agree with you whole heartedlly. The sad part of this is that by pretending that all is understood , they ignore the parts of the puzzle that are fundamental mysteries still . That is sad because they seem to go suddenly deaf and dumb when such subjects are mentioned in fresh wonder.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

It was, to my mind, unbelievable how many of my classmates wanted and did help him with the errors that were present in his books/modules. All I can say is that I would have had a much better grade if I was studying from an instructor who was not already in the midst of retiring :S .... What a F*ckin Joke that was....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I just had to comment on your name Split Infinity. That was the first book I really ever read for enjoyment. I loved it. Anyway, on topic is that I think all professors in college only reiterate what someone else has done. They are experts on quoting others. In a way it is kind of sad, because most students have an inquisitive mind that makes them want to learn more about something and explore unknown areas of conventional thought on a subject. Many professors seem like they cannot fathom thinking outside the box of what they know to be true, or challenging students to think of different theories. I suppose in the beginning of learning any subject it is important to know what other people have thought about a subject, but the way many professors lay down their knowledge as absolute truth and finality of the subject is astounding to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

What a lot of noise for an OP. How do you *know* about the Double-Slit Experiment? You'll find it was discovered by those people you dismiss so quickly. And from where was their knowledge gained and who supplied (or designed) the equipment? From academic institutions.

As soon as you start going to college, you'll find that the world owes a great deal to the knowledge generated by academics. You'll also find that a discussion is forever pulsing about the puzzles in the Universe. Very few scientists (if any) think the search for knowledge is over. That you *think* they do shows how little education has tempered your opinions.

The sub-text of your rant is anti-intellectual in the extreme - it demands that people with *no* knowledge should be teaching those with knowledge. How would that work exactly? Do we celebrate ignorance?

What would *you* teach a professor of physics? Would you teach them that they know nothing? What would that achieve? What would you do next when you've left yourself and physics with nowhere to go beyond, 'I dunno.'

During your day, you'll be reliant on oil products, satellites, international news, imported foods and the internet. None of these would be possible without scientific principles discovered, explained and disseminated via universities, colleges and schools throughout time and nations.

Why is this in this section? It's nothing but a rant and should be in the rant section.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

This is definitely not a rant.

This is about legitimate issues.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

A rant is a one-sided blow-off with no solutions and focuses on complaining.

The OP does this and offers no solutions - a rant.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

No I dissagree sir.
What is worse?
To think that one knows everything and that no more thought need be aimed in that direction , or to toss out all conventional or indoctrinated guesses ( make no mistake here for that is what many ideas are) and learning and to look at things anew?
edit on 9-11-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by bluemooone2 because: my atrocious spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

What a lot of noise for an OP. How do you *know* about the Double-Slit Experiment? You'll find it was discovered by those people you dismiss so quickly. And from where was their knowledge gained and who supplied (or designed) the equipment? From academic institutions.

As soon as you start going to college, you'll find that the world owes a great deal to the knowledge generated by academics. You'll also find that a discussion is forever pulsing about the puzzles in the Universe. Very few scientists (if any) think the search for knowledge is over. That you *think* they do shows how little education has tempered your opinions.

The sub-text of your rant is anti-intellectual in the extreme - it demands that people with *no* knowledge should be teaching those with knowledge. How would that work exactly? Do we celebrate ignorance?

What would *you* teach a professor of physics? Would you teach them that they know nothing? What would that achieve? What would you do next when you've left yourself and physics with nowhere to go beyond, 'I dunno.'

During your day, you'll be reliant on oil products, satellites, international news, imported foods and the internet. None of these would be possible without scientific principles discovered, explained and disseminated via universities, colleges and schools throughout time and nations.

Why is this in this section? It's nothing but a rant and should be in the rant section.

Well...this just goes to show how one posters reply....yours....can misread another persons concept.

Believe me when I say that....I have had more than my fill....and much more than most peoples....experience with supposed HIGHER LEARNING INSTITUTIONS AND THEIR EMPLOYEES. And although I will admit...I definitly have a weakness in spelling....I have been instructed in a WIDE range of supposed fields of importance....most of which have self perpetuated themselves to this level.....more to come....damn cat.
Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Looks like a rant to me. I move to have it moved to the Rant forums.

All in favor say "Googlycats"

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Not a rant.

I am right there with OP.

Professors and lecturers need investigation.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

You're beating a straw man to death. How many scientists have said they have all the answers? Few if any.

The OP creates a silly claim and uses it to make silly allegations about science and then suggests that somebody uneducated could teach a physics professor about physics. How could he *possibly* teach a physics prof about physics?! What does he know that they don't?

The 'Science of I Dunno.' is BS and leads no further than scratching your ass in dumb wonder at the universe.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

OP has a legitimate claim.

Get off his back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join