It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder for the Nationwide Emergency Alert System test slated for 2p EST!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

Stop fear-mongering!

You keep forgetting that the test was SHORTENED to 30 seconds!

Three full minutes of peace and quiet would have been okay with me, but I'll take 30 seconds.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
What if this is when they're going to send the "signal" through the devices and make people real zombies! Oh noes! I for one don't care, I wont be seeing or hearing it as none of the devices in my house or on my person fall into their control.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think its funny that everybody is paying attention to this. we have local test once a month every month. Whats so special about a national one? If this test wasnt mentioned im sure it would have gone unnoticed like the local ones.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Don't know if this means anything or not, thought I would bring it to attention, since I have never heard it before..Listening to my police scanner, they just said something about "activation drill'?? Not sure what it means, but I'll keep my ear tuned to the scanner to see what else they say about it.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
"No president has ever used the current [EAS] system or its technical predecessors in the last 50 years, despite the Soviet missile crisis, a presidential assassination, the Oklahoma City bombing, major earthquakes and three recent high-alert terrorist warnings." - Michael Powell (Former Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission)

Interesting point. I just feel as if martial law is right around the corner. Thankfully, I live in the south. We're prepared to fight.
edit on 11-9-2011 by jaymp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Our Power also went out for about 30 seconds today.. I thought was just communications /.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

think so? Well now seems there is a glitch after all www.cnn.com... from the link

The Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Federal Communications Commission, which ordered the test, stressed that it was designed to find flaws, and scoffed at reports the system had failed.
then way not say this when the hub bub was about air? Is there a fix? er no but the truth is in there

"I think the biggest reason nobody ever tested it was because of all the concerns of what could happen and what could go wrong," FEMA chief Craig Fugate told CNN Tuesday. "We take a different approach. If we don't test it, we don't know what we need to fix."
yes it is a test and only a test if this had been a real emergency some of you would be in the dark, or to be blunt... out right toast

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

HAHA!! I survived, no electricasl power going out, and I actually forgot about it, until this morning wanted to see if anyone was paranoid during it, but don't see any posts on it. Also it seems we didn't get hit with an asteroid, and I beginning to think that people who post all of this doom and gloom love getting a rise out the naive! I am taking everything on this site with a grain of salt!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

you are so right"and I beginning to think that people who post all of this doom and gloom love getting a rise out the naive! I am taking everything on this site with a grain of salt! " as well you should, for i might be a program your responding to not a person.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join