It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reminder for the Nationwide Emergency Alert System test slated for 2p EST!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
www.fcc.gov...

Reminder, at 2p today Wed Nov 09 2011 will be the first nationwide Emergency Alert System test on all air and line broadcasted television and radio. All internet radio will not be participating. Satellite radio and satellite television providers will be participating. The test will last for 30sec!

Times locally for each test :
2P EST, 1p CST, 12N MST, 11a PST, 10a AHST!
edit on 9-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I found this information regarding the possible implications of tomorrow's scheduled EAS emergency alert on www.presscore.ca. While I don't particularly agree with every opinion that this website espouses, I did find this information particularly relevant, frightening and eye-opening. There are no fewer than 6 current threads on this subject, so I am posting the same information to each thread because I feel that it needs to be shared. The article is excerpted below:

Short URL: presscore.ca...
"United States shuts down on November 9/11. Temporarily or permanently?
Posted by PC World news Monday, November 7th, 2011

On Wednesday November 9/11 at 2:00 PM EST the United States will go silent.  The FCC has been ordered by Barack Hussein Obama to shut down all radio and television broadcasts.  So what?  Not affected.  Can live without radio and TV.  What you don’t realize is that FEMA is in charge of this nation wide operation and the operation call for the FCC to shut down the Internet and cellular phone service too.

Claiming this is a test of the emergency response system, FEMA will conduct a complete communications shut down: all TV, radio, internet, and phone systems will be disabled simultaneously at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.  They are saying it will be shut down for 3 minutes.

Who will be affected by this shut down?  Everyone.  Social Networking, like Facebook and Twitter are completely dependant on the communication network being up, not down.  The same for the Internet.  No store debit transactions can be done during a communication shut down.   Banks security will be severely compromised.  Banks accounts of the people can be wiped or transferred in 3 minutes.  CCTV Security surveillance system will be knocked out too.  A lot can happen in 3 minutes.

Every communication system in the United States will be affected. Every communication dependent system and business will be affected. The Air Traffic control system will be affected. Banks will be affected. News reporting will be affected. Even the emergency warning system will be affected. The nation will come to a halt on November 9/11.

This shut down could actually be a reboot. Why now? The United States government might be uploading computer malware or spyware code to the United States’ communication network. If you’ve ever made a computer upgrade to your computer system by installing a program you would know that in order for the new code to be installed properly a system shut down and reboot is usually required. Once you reboot, whatever was newly installed is activated and just runs silently behind the scenes.

Does it make any sense to you that the United States government would decide to shut down the entire communication network of the United States just to test it? No country and no sane leader would ever do this as this would severely compromise the security of the nation. Logically one would test parts of the system separately and definitely not on the same day.

For 3 minutes on November 9/11 the United States will be silenced. What will happen in those 3 minutes? Will the United States government use this time to launch another false flag attack against the United States people? Will the CIA detonate improvised nuclear devices in a major U.S. city? Will the Federal Reserve use this time to transfer the wealth of the United States people to themselves or to their European controllers? It only takes a few minutes to start a nuclear war. Nuclear Ballistic Missiles, each one carrying 8 or more nuclear warheads, capable of destroying 8 or more individual cities anywhere on earth can reach their targets within 15 to 30 minutes of launch.

On October 27, 2010 the U.S. Air Force lost control of 50 nuclear, inter-continental missiles. A power failure caused one ninth of the United States’ nuclear arsenal to go off line for three-quarters of an hour. A Pentagon official said the failure disrupted communications between a control centre and the missiles at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming. On November 9/11 the United States government will intentionally cause a nationwide disruption of communications."

Mod Note: Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

edit on 11/9/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2011 by 1yearning2bfree because: Mod left out last 5 paragraphs when editing my post

edit on 9-11-2011 by 1yearning2bfree because: deleted duplicate paragraphs

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
What will the message be, I wonder?
edit on 11/9/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
what if" due to technical difficulty's, today's EAS test has been cancelled, please say tuned for more info, now back to your Regular scheduled tv show, this has been a EAS test" or it is the blllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep blllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
blllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep this is a test of the eas system if this had been a... well you get the idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1yearning2bfree

This should all be quoted with the external text (EX-TEXT) button as it is a copy-paste of the whole article. Also it is only tv and radio not phones or internet.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf

This should all be quoted with the external text (EX-TEXT) button as it is a copy-paste of the whole article. Also it is only tv and radio not phones or internet.

If this cut out phones and internet... HOLY CRAP you'd have some chaos due to this test. Government should never have that kind of power.

Can you verify the second part? (Sorry my google-fu needs a break)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
ok so i was half right "this is a test of the..." don't take my word for it www.arrl.org... from the link

FCC, FEMA, NOAA to Conduct First Nationwide Test of Emergency Alert System
TAGS: Emergency Alert System, federal emergency management agency, fema, minutes, PM EST
10/25/2011

The FCC, in coordination with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), will conduct the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) at 2 PM EST (1900 UTC) Wednesday, November 9. According to FEMA, EAS participants -- broadcasters, satellite and digital radio and television providers, and cable and wireline video providers -- “provide a critical public service to the nation as the resilient backbone of alert and warning when all other means of communication are unavailable.”
and down at the bottom( of the link) you will see the old color line, tv set screen

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Please forgive my egregious error for not following the proper protocol regarding external text, however I've never posted on ATS before this evening...your suggestion is duly noted.

You categorically stated that the EAS would be limited only to tv and radio, and does not include internet or cell phones. On what information are you basing that statement?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Actually, come to think about it, emergency situation and no communications... Doesn't add up. TV, Radio, etc, ok.. But cutting phones, internet, or any other such communication device would be stupid, and only making matters worse if used in an emergency situation, or even for a test.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

It states it on the FCC site HERE

Television and radio broadcasters, satellite radio and satellite television providers, as well as cable television and wireline video providers all participate in the system (collectively, EAS Participants).

This is from CNN

The test will air on every broadcast, cable and satellite TV station in the nation, as well as every AM, FM and satellite radio station. But it will not be sent to landline or cell phones, pagers or computers, which millions of people monitor for news and information.

but it is stated on several other sources as well Google Search

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

i'll see your FCC and raise you a FEMA www.fema.gov... from the link

Here are specific items we want everyone to know about the test:

It will be conducted Wednesday, November 9 at 2:00 PM EST.
It will be transmitted via television and radio stations within the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii, the territories of Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa.
Similar to local emergency alert system tests, an audio message will interrupt television and radio programming indicating: “This is a test.”
When the test is over, regular programming will resume.
it is getting easier to read them TPTB, now that is scary... see my post above

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I certainly hope that you are correct...I guess we'll find out this afternoon, won't we?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Air, satellite, broadcast tv and radio are the only ones being required to participate. Internet tv and radio will remain unaffected but any broadcast that roots from the internet and is carried over the air or satellite radio is to participate.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

this is if and a big if all goes well for there seems to be a trouble spot in the how to department www.radioworld.com... from the link

The commission itself doesn’t plan to conduct pre-tests before the nationwide test; however it says FEMA is working with some states, EAS participants and equipment manufacturers to conduct statewide tests of EAS equipment and procedures before the nationwide event.
so will it work or will it not work this be the question of the day.
One must ask what time of day is this to be?? 2:00 pm when most is at work, only us on ATS or them at home watching the soaps , will know the out come of this EAS event.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

this is if and a big if all goes well for there seems to be a trouble spot in the how to department www.radioworld.com... from the link

The commission itself doesn’t plan to conduct pre-tests before the nationwide test; however it says FEMA is working with some states, EAS participants and equipment manufacturers to conduct statewide tests of EAS equipment and procedures before the nationwide event.
One must ask what time of day is this to be?? 2:00 pm when most is at work, only us on ATS or them at home watching the soaps , will know the out come of this EAS event.

Oh it will work.

They have had this tech for 20 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I must say that over the past few weeks hearing commercials about this test on the radio and then the news of the latest YU55 info and tensions building around Iran, I have wondered if it will be a live/production use of the EAS today or they are testing for an event coming soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
www.fcc.gov...

Reminder, at 2p today Wed Nov 09 2011 will be the first nationwide Emergency Alert System test on all air and line broadcasted television and radio. All internet radio will not be participating. Satellite radio and satellite television providers will be participating. The test will last for 30sec!

Times locally for each test :
2P EST, 1p CST, 12N MST, 11a PST, 10a AHST!
edit on 9-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Let me know how it goes since we have no cable and no radio, it doesn't affect me in the least, as long as the internet isn't down for that long as I have major homework to do today! I honestly think there is nothing behind it in the least, i think everyone will survive for 30 seconds. There may be a few suicides due to the fact that some people's brainwashing material is off the air for 30 seconds but hey what a great way to kill off the zombies!! hahaha!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
What will the message be, I wonder?
edit on 11/9/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

It'll just say, "This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System" or whatever they're calling it now. "If this had been an actual emergency, you would have been instructed to tune to one of the broadcast stations in your area."

Nothing to get excited about. Usually most areas did it on their own, but we didn't have Homeland Security back then to coordinate everything. So now it's a nationwide test.

No big deal!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by bekod

Oh it will work.

They have had this tech for 20 years.

They've been doing this since 1963--almost 50 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Stop fear-mongering!

You keep forgetting that the test was SHORTENED to 30 seconds!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join