It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Spiritual Willy Wonka Golden Ticket

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
There is none, sorry. No matter what you’ve been told, promised or believe. There is no spiritual Willy Wonka Golden Ticket to bring any of us the full distance on our Spiritual journey.

That would really make it easier though, wouldn’t it? Then it would just be a matter of finding it - the right meditation, the right ritual, the right book, the right religion, the right knowledge, the right technique, the right person to tell you the right thing.

Yet as a spiritual seeker I have spent much of the last decade or so looking at all these tools and more for what they might offer. And I have found much. But all these things are ultimately that - just tools. In fact, there are other critical tools needed as well - the ones frequently overlooked by the Golden Ticket Seeker. These include dedication, patience, and a willingness to examine yourself, your ego, your challenges/opportunities, your choices and your perceptions.

It is not a path of convenience or instant results. It is sometimes a bending path, one that brings you along the way, but rarely in the manner in which you imagined. I have been on this path and journey for some time. I have come far in some respects, yet still have plenty of journey and summits that lie ahead of me.

What tools can do is point the way. The way within. This is where the answers lie. This is where you find that which you seek. A tool is simply an aid in focus - everything actually comes from and through the mind, and its intent.

There are so many out there who seem to think that the answer lies in something outside of themselves - and they are looking, searching, asking, begging the Universe for answers.

Seek wisdom, seek knowledge, seek tools - but do so with the knowledge that they only assist in the discovery of your real power - and the gateway to it, right there, within your focused mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Very philosophical. However...

I got mine in the mail the other day.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Wow - if I were you - I'd run the counterfeit presses and sell some of those bad boys. Think a lot of people might just pay up.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Please post the reverse of your ticket otherwise we must assume it is a photoshop facsimile.

The Amun Priesthood attempted a very similar ploy and caused the destruction of the purity of the afterlife.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Just have faith it is real.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

More than likely, there's a section talking about Jesus on there. I've seen such things in the Christian circles I've been in.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ah, excellent...
the Truth lies within. Guess that means I already have it, whether I know it's there or not, and therefore have to do nothing. it's almost like a... a golden... uh... something.

wait.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Of course there is no magic golden ticket but salvation is not as hard as you think.

John 3:16-17: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

Hebrews 10:10: "And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all."

Profess Jesus as your savior. Romans 10:13, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Say, "Father in Heaven, I believe that Jesus died for my sins." And God will impart eternal life to your spirit.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

This world would be so much better if Christians and Bible beaters would simply understand that Jesus is the way not the ticket. Learn what he taught and follow in his path and you will find salvation. It is the churches conceit that says all you have to do is believe. Belief is the path, Understanding is the key. By the beliefs that all it takes is to believe that Jesus died for our sins gets you into Heaven then every religious nut that has committed murder and tortured children and others will go to Heaven. If this is the case I don't want it. Stop and think follow in his steps is the message follow his path of forgiveness, love etc. Deny ignorance and read it again PLEASE, your soul is in jeopardy.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

To be frank, that sounds exactly like a Golden Ticket.

I've heard it postulated that he was an Eastern trained desert witch. Nothing wrong with that of course and obviously a very powerful, very smart man, but far from the offspring of the One.

IMHO, this world is far too complicated for the matter of spirituality to be that simple.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Thanks for imparting the magic words. And to think I wasted all those years understanding the text.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

I remember when I was young, I was forced to go to church to seek my own spiritual awakening. People need to realize that you don't have to go to church to seek enlightenment. It's all in one's self discovery to get the spiritual relief you crave so bad.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

This world would be so much better if Christians and Bible beaters would simply understand that Jesus is the way not the ticket.

I agree wholeheartedly.

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me".
Doesn't sound like a golden ticket, does it...

"enter through the narrow gate... for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many there are who enter it."

Jesus was pretty clear on this. Even the Psalms reiterate the same point. "Your Word is a lamp to my feet (showing you where you are NOW) and a light to my path (showing you where you must go to follow Christ)".

new topics

top topics

join