It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have To Fall Asleep So Our Brains Can Be Downloaded With New Simulated Reality Data

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No matter how hard we try,no matter how hard we resist,we are forced to fall asleep.No one is immune from having to sleep and nobody really knows why we need to sleep and nobody really knows why we have no other choice but to do so.Some say it is so our brains can rest,but in reality,our brains are more active when sleeping, then they are when we are awake and i think i know why...

I believe that everyone and everything exists within a unimaginably intelligent super advanced computer.That was created either by our ancestors from somewhere within the distant future or by superior aliens from another galaxy,or from another dimension.They have created our virtual world,this simulated existence.We are all directly connected to this simulation machine.We are three dimensional pixels of light and thought processed upon a holographic screen we call reality and what we perceive as the space around us...

We are forced to sleep so our brains can be downloaded with new simulated reality data.Either by direct control,or auto pilot mode,the super advanced reality computer processes new virtual information and simulated data to keep us in tune with what we think is reality.To keep us locked into this virtual,holographic world.To repair any glitches and viruses that may arise and to program the moment to moment happenings throughout our simulated lives...

When we are deleted,individually or as a group,we will die,individually or in a group and that is also why a lot of people suddenly die unexpectedly without any warning at all,our programmable reality is adjusting,changing and fine tuning itself.Somewhere beyond our comprehension,beyond the ability of our five senses to perceive...
edit on 8-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
you stole your idea from dark city

DARK CITY - IMDB

there is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well I make sure every night when I go to sleep I download some smooth tunes into my brain using my awesome elite headphones. I have to remove all the other poisonous music I heard that day, and refresh my memory with the good stuff...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

intresting..

Now only way to prove it to set up a machine over our heads as we sleep and measure or atleast detect the stream coming in from w/e source?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I believe that everyone and everything exists within a unimaginably intelligent super advanced computer.

That part iz correct!

The entire Universe is God's Mind and Positronic in nature and We exist within that Mind, so you could call it a computer if you want.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
that sounds a lot better then my crappy "the universe has existed and will exist forever in an inifnite state, life on earth was borne out of billions of years of trial and error concidence and mega cataclysms, which resulted in human beings sleeping because they are tired from perceiving the infinite particles swirling around them at light speed"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The problem I have is my brain
continues to sleep 3 hours after
I have woken up. Not in sync at
all.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
That's a pretty interesting way to look at it. Although I don't see anyway we could prove it more than any other religion or whatever.

Although you do hear about those monks who haven't slept in 80 years or whatever

edit on 8-11-2011 by StopFearMongering because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If I pray before bed with sincerity, my dreamlife and dream memory recall is WAYYYY better. Seriously. There's an actual payoff, which is strange, because I still haven't won the lottery yet in real life, but it works for one's dreamlife that's for sure. Try it, you'll see. Just honest and sincere prayer in relation to the God of your own understanding. Even an atheist could try this, with God as an imagined and projected perfect observer. It works. Guaranteed.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Meth, not even once, stay up see shadows and hear voices, while scratching your skin and ripping out pieces of your hair while you pace back and forth thinking that people are watching you, but you know who is watching you? God.

www.erowid.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Meth, not even once, stay up see shadows and hear voices, while scratching your skin and ripping out pieces of your hair while you pace back and forth thinking that people are watching you, but you know who is watching you? God.

You mentioned god, so i'll reply...Tell me something,what does god look like? He/she/it must "be something" or he/she/it does not exist...What is god? A card board box? An orb of plasma? The invisible bearded man who wears flowing white robes and lives in the clouds?...Or an advanced alien being that created our reality?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
You mentioned god, so i'll reply...Tell me something,what does god look like? He/she/it must "be something" or he/she/it does not exist...What is god? A card board box? An orb of plasma? The invisible bearded man who wears flowing white robes and lives in the clouds?...Or an advanced alien being that created our reality?

God is the Universal Consciousness that created children to create you to answer qwestions.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm more inclined to think dreams are an expression of duality. THe waking world is our solid particle reality, and the dream state is the waveform counterpart.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

Well that's one way to look at things. It's amazing what one can precieve.
After all isn't reality all just ones self perception in a co-shared environment?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Also, what is our subconciousness and why do we only use 3% of our consciousness? More interestingly how does anyone measure our full consciousness to deduct it to the actual use of only 3% consciousness?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthDamnTruth
reply to post by The Cusp

Well that's one way to look at things. It's amazing what one can precieve.
After all isn't reality all just ones self perception in a co-shared environment?

Awesome!

Simple message yet it said a lot.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KristinLynnxo

I've never heard 3% of our consciousness but I have heard of the 10% of our brain thing...
en.wikipedia.org...

I'm pretty sure it just highlights that we always have room to learn and grow, not that we are constricted by a general inability to use our brain/consciousness to their fullest extent.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Try to stay awake without eventually "falling" asleep, it cannot be done...Hmmm,I wonder why? Because we have no choice, we have no say in the matter, we have to be downloaded and programmed with new simulated reality data.Something or someone is bringing us deep within the simulation machine that has created our holographic, virtual reality, that we are all unknowingly wired into and are a part of beyond our five senses ability to perceive...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
Also, what is our subconciousness and why do we only use 3% of our consciousness? More interestingly how does anyone measure our full consciousness to deduct it to the actual use of only 3% consciousness?

Science is starting to acknowledge We use all of our brain, kNot just 10% of it as most think.
However, portions are alloted for use to control body functions so We don't actually use those portions but the portion alloted for our cognitive use, is fully used but kNot all the time and kNot by many.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Do you think that if certain 'simulations' perform well throughout their simulation that they get to go to a sweet post-simulation utopia? And conversely, underachieving simulations wind up burning in the recycle bin prior to final deletion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join