It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do (a true story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
1st off the mods may need to move this, please don't kill it because it really is happening right now!! Someone I know has witnessed a black SUV following their child's school bus! I know, big deal just a parent right? Apparently not, because this person says the SUV only recently started coming around, it's not familiar to them, and they only live a mile or two from school so why wouldn't a parent just drive their child to school. I'm just learning the details myself but notifying the school resulted in them being told the school couldn't do anything about it...and that calling the cops would be overreacting. So, they did call the cops, more than once and still nothing. It's fascinating to me that they still allow their child to ride the bus and haven't confronted the driver but they may have reasons. The driver has now changed cars and it's been more than a week. An interesting wrinkle is that the driver also changed their routine when cops were present but they never made a stop of any kind.

What should they do?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

Until they commit a crime, You can't do anything.
Maybe they are privy to information that you don't know about.
Maybe, they aren't planning on doing harm, but preventing it?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Getting a license plate number would be a good start.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If I were you I would get photographs of the front/back and the most important part is a license plate.

I'd also consider this... If the police have been called about a strange vehicle stalking a school bus over time, and done absolutely nothing, one of two things are going on here. Either they are doing something but don't want that fact known while they sort out whats happening here, or they know exactly who the black SUV is and it isn't a threat. In this day and age where a cop just slapping someone becomes wall to wall news for at least a couple hours in cable and net news, no department in their right mind would ignore this as it may seem they're doing.

I'd still get photos of the license plate at a minimum. It never hurts to do some 'due diligence' of your own.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Very easy. The black SUV is owned by a person new in town. So he/she is following the bus to know the route to the school.

sarcasm
Or.....
IT'S A PSYOPS!!!! AAAaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! RON PAUL!!!!!!!
/sarcasm

or...
A rich overprotective parent sending a government car to make the bus driver is not Kahn.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Got the plate number, but whomever is tracing it says they can't get results, and the cops were constables, so I'm not sure if they ran the plates or not...oh and it's been 2 weeks.
edit on 11/8/2011 by budaruskie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
easy, I would follow the SUV, and when the bus comes to a stop sign and then go's, cut around the SUV stopping your car in front of them. Get out, and confront them, tell them exactly what you know to be fact to this point. Use the big boy voice, and hopefully you are armed to some degree. Have 911 on speed dial. If he tries to go around you to get away. Pursue him while calling the police. Don't take crap from this guy who ever he is. Some little 6 year old girl almost got kidnapped 3 blocks from my house two weeks ago. I myself have 7 year old twin daughters, and an 8 year old son. If I even suspected for a second that something was going on, and I have expended all my efforts to use what resources are available to me with fail, move to step two, plan B, whatever you call it and go right to the source. If it is something innocent, then whoever is in the vehicle should completely understand your concern. If it's not, then make sure you give lots of confident eye contact so they know you know who they are. I myself have a CCW permit, and drive my kids to and from school everyday, If this was going on in my neighborhood, this is exactly what I would do. If for some reason that this turns out to be some sort of bad guy, than you'll thank yourself later for doing the right thing. Either way, whatever decision you make, make it, and get to the bottom of this quickly, try to get other parents involved as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Just follow the dude when the bus stops get out of your rig and ask him. It could be countless innocent reasons the guy is following the bus and if he does have nefarious intentions being publicly confronted on the side of the road will give the guy pause if not outright scare him off. Don't be a wuss just tell him your a concerned parent and ask him.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I want to make it clear that this situation is not happening to me, nor am I any more than acquaintances with the parties involved, but they have written daily accounts of the events. The area is dangerous enough to be concerned about drugs, gangs, etc. but then again maybe it is a parent. I think a good suggestion is to make a flyer and get on the bus to give it to the kids and speak to the driver.

join