It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange, need advice

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
For as long as I can remember I've always had ways of feeling electric devices - it's like I can hear them when there is no sound (so my friend recalls).

One thing that I have always felt is televisions. I'm not sure if this is felt by other people, but all my friends and family cannot feel it.

The other day, my friend tested me. He went into another room, 2 rooms away from the room I was in. He tested in the condition of having both doors shut, the tv in the room he is in(obviously) on mute and 3 out of ten tests. I scored 10/10 on all 3.

When it came to testing him, he scored; 1/10, 1/10, 0/10.

And sometimes in car journeys going past electric pylons, I can sometimes hear a buzz with tickling in my ears and suffer from a feeling of sickness and headaches.

I'm not sure why I can feel eletric devices so accurately, it is something I find has plagued my life.

If anyone knows any info regarding this type of thing, it would be greatly appreciated thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
try this link. i'm not sure if your symptoms are like these or not, but this site did have some other links to info on sensitivity to electricity as well.
www.grn.es...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by psychosgirl
try this link. i'm not sure if your symptoms are like these or not, but this site did have some other links to info on sensitivity to electricity as well.
www.grn.es...

are you sure this is the right web address? when i click there it sends me to a spanish site, with an error message.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Falkner]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
it's not working. just go to a search engine and type in human sensitivity to electricity.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Doesn't everyone hear the power line buzz? Seriously?

My similar experience but not quite like yours, is I feel ill in front of any running microwave, and I do mean any.

I don't think it's psychosymatic, but It's just not something I've been able to figure out. It makes my stomache sort of feel queasy. Not a violently ill queasy, just a conscious decision to move away little queasy.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
ACA had a story about an old lady who was allergic to electricity.. she even slept in a faraday cage (coffin)

powerlines give off a 50hertz hum which most people can hear.. some people have been known to be able to feel the vibration in the air.

as for the television test, perhaps you just have a better sense of hearing.. you could also have a slightly different form of epilipsy where the EM waves react stuff up the electrons in your brain... ABC Catalyst had a show about what i just said.. i'll see if i can find a link

Odd

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hmm... I do the "sense the TV" thing too.

I always just sort of took it for granted. Doesn't anyone else do that?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It's very strange, that people across the world have these type of feelings when electric devices are on.

Perhaps it's in relation to some of the 'psychic phenomena' we hear about ?

I am in no way 'psychic', but other people who have these feelings claim to be. I've had from time to time a few incidents that seem just a little bit of a coincidence when knowing something is about to happen, everyone gets that.

There are other things, but I'm a bit too shy/emotional to type them (that have just popped into my head) that I can remember. When I can calmly type without getting freaked out again, I'll do it. Then maybe I can tell you the whole story.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Thao]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
i dont feel electrical devices , i just have an abnormal amount of them go arse up and break on me
i would say 50% of the electrical equipment i have purchased has been sent back or replaced withing the first month

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I can't stand being around pylons, they give me an instant headache. Older microwaves give me headaches too if I stand in front of them, though the newer models seem better shielded. I can also tell if there's a tv on in a house when I walk in, and that's a combination of feeling and hearing (there's a high-pitched sound every tv seems to make).

Does anyone else get bothered by the sound CDs and DVDs make when the machine is searching or switching tracks? I swear it puts my teeth on edge. But then, I can't stand dog whistles either.

Urn

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
ya, i can always hear when a t.v. is on (muted of coarse).....sort of a high pitched buzzing sound.....ive always been able to hear it...i thought everybody could..

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urn
ya, i can always hear when a t.v. is on (muted of coarse).....sort of a high pitched buzzing sound.....ive always been able to hear it...i thought everybody could..

i could also hear it, but knew not even everyone could do it. it was kinda funny, i was passing by a house, at the street, and i heard that sound beginning, so i said to a friend that someone as turned on the tv. of course he laughed at me.

Urn

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i can somtimes hear it when im outside the building as well...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I used to be able to hear when a TV was on anywhere in a building, I think that the whine is the Fly-Back Transformer. It has gone away since I have had some hearing damage working around jets. I think that this is just sensitivity to High Pitched noises. When you have hearing loss you loose the extreme ends of the hearing spectrum, hence the fact that this no longer bothers me.

I say be thankfull you just have good hearing.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I can sometimes sense when a TV is turned on (muted) it lets out a very faint buzzing sort of sound that feels like it fills my head, i find i hear it better in the morning and only with older CRT style TV's the new Plasma and flatscreen TV's dont seem to make the sound.

Urn

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
hmm....thats an interesting development there Githzerai....im not familiar with flat panel, or plasma displays....so i have no idea at all if they acctually put out an audible sound or not...

interesting...

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by acidhead
i dont feel electrical devices , i just have an abnormal amount of them go arse up and break on me
i would say 50% of the electrical equipment i have purchased has been sent back or replaced withing the first month

A friend of mine can't wear digital watches at all. minutes after putting one on it dies. Maybe he got electrocuted while holding a magnet as a child.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
If I am driving on a clear blue sky I can some time see energy patterns. This started happening to me recently. It's even more clear when i have my windows down.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urn
hmm....thats an interesting development there Githzerai....im not familiar with flat panel, or plasma displays....so i have no idea at all if they acctually put out an audible sound or not...
interesting...

I am fairly certain it is the Flyback transformer, or the voltage Tripler, both of which only exist on Cathode Ray Tube devices. Digital and Plasma use rows of conductors to control screen refresh that is why they never flicker.

Urn

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
cool...thanks for the info defcon5

top topics

<<   2 >>

join