It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily Show last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
home.comcast.net...

This segment by the Daily Show has to be the most beautiful piece of political satire that I've seen in a long time. I've never seen a politician's record and credibility destroyed so well in so little time. If the Dems were smart they'd use this segment as a campaign commercial.

There is no greater form of humor and no more dangerous weapon than biting satire and sarcasm. Watch to see a perfect example of this.

[edit on 9/2/2004 by Flinx]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh I agree. When I was a republican, I hated John Stewart, but I love him now! Of course, it's a lot eaiser to make fun of a president who is a complete moron.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks! I needed a good laugh. Unfortinetly, I only got the audio though.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That is so funny yet at the same time it is so true. Bush flip flopped on who we should be going after and lied about WMD's in Iraq. I like John Stewart.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah, you are right. I watched it last night and it was hilarious. You know, as much as The Daily Show likes to put on the front of a "comedy" news show they really do have a lot to say about the world. It's no wonder they won an Emmy for their work, as they are masters of satire and spoof.

That bit last night was hotter than George Bush at a Gay Pride Parade.

Well done Daily Show...keep up the good work!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
omg...

LMFAO!!!!!

Daily Show

Holy #, that was funny...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Daily Show should have it's own 24 hour channel!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Lol, that's hilarious. My favorite is the last part:

"I'm an optimist"..."I'm an optimist"..."We're gonna get attacked again"

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That one was all Stephen Colbert baby.

Not to take away from how hilarious Jon is, but he's got the best bit players in the biz now...and they do the field work and production.

Did you see when Colbert's daughter played "Big Oil Company."

Colbert was funny at the DNC too. I LOVE when they go freeper.

Notice the anti-corporate news message right after that Bush segment (of video you never see on the real news)?

The Daily Show will be right back with more coverage of the Republican National Convention after these words from our mutual sponsors.

It's so damn true it's scary. There's no free press in capitalism. No wonder the Republicans want to get rid of NPR and limit voices like 527's.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I agree RANT, Stephen Colbert is my favorite on that show. He has been there since the beginning when Craig Kilborn was the host, and he was just as good back then.

I like his little bit "The Colbert Report" (pronounced Colber' Repor')...that's right...its French b!tch.

That is hilarious.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Too much! I truly feel sorry that Republicans have to support such a moron as Bush. Their sick devotion borders on idol worship at this point.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I used to love this show. Still do, just on at the wrong time for me. Best satire on tv. Is Lewis Black still doing Back in Black? I thought he was the best. Saw his standup routine on the weekend, he's #1 now. No one can touch him.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

I thought that segment was great. What ever happened to that guy that was selling the cheap gas? I wish that guy lived in my area.

I guess its true never @#$% with Big OIL

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by RANT

I thought that segment was great. What ever happened to that guy that was selling the cheap gas? I wish that guy lived in my area.

I guess its true never @#$% with Big OIL

You know I searched and search for that guy. Any news on him. Some Ny'er needs to help us out on that.

That was HORRIBLE. Thumbs up to Daily for covering it, but I need some details and facts.

new topics

top topics

join