It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Bolivia Won't Do Business With The DEA Anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Even Bolivia won't do business with the US DEA anymore. I'm not surprised, I 'm confident the US government is as crooked in it 's drug dealing as it's politics.

Bolivia Vice President Says U.S. Drug Agents Not Welcome Back

Bolivia's vice president says U.S. drug agents will not be returning to his country despite the newly announced normalization of diplomatic relations. Vice President Alvaro Garcia says the Drug Enforcement Administration "was a mechanism of political blackmail" and is not welcome back. Garcia did not further explain the statement to reporters. Bolivia and Washington signed an agreement Monday to restore full diplomatic ties three years after the Andean nation's leftist government expelled the U.S. ambassador and the DEA for allegedly inciting the opposition. The agreement calls for the restoration of ambassadors but does not set a date. Bolivia is the world's No. 3 producer of coc aine.

I guess they better improve their relations with Colombia

If you don't like FOX you can check the story out here:

Bolivia: Drug Enforcement Administration Unwelcome Despite Normalization Of U.S.-Bolivia Diplomatic Relations

Bolivia VP: DEA not welcome back
edit on 8-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: fix title

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yaaaaaaay!

Countries are finally learning they don't have to listen to our unconstitutional DEA.

The DEA; "a mechanism of political blackmail", couldn't have put it better myself.
edit on 11/8/2011 by ArrowsNV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

These alphabet agencies make billions off the suffering of their own people. It's a known fact that the US government is involved in big time drug dealing. Even the main suppliers don't want relations with them. Maybe a South American invasion next

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Seriously--you can't trust drug dealers....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
remember when the news reported facts backed up evidence and held governments responsible.

now we have tools like ali velshi hocking twitter and facebook on cnn.

edit on 8-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
remember when the news reported facts backed up evidence and held governments responsible.

now we have tools like ali velshi hocking twitter and facebook on cnn.

edit on 8-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

LOL you must be old!

Just joking.

You're right, the news has become pretty bad. It always served a purpose, but at least it used to be more believable.

It's nice to see stories like this though. The US is getting called out by a drug major drug producing nation, again.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: forgot a word

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Bolivia's vice president

They mean "EX" vice president.

He will be remembered....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
where am i gonna get my coke from now
they have the best shiz

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

There certainly is the possibility of something happening to him. But at the same time if he can stay alive he will probably gather support for speaking out like this. I think it's a good political move. As long as he can get good body guards that won't sell out to the local or foreign drug cartels which is pretty hard to do.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

I personally take no offense to your comment. But the thread might get shut down if that type of talk continues. Nothing against you but please no more of that.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Mexico seems to be slow in finding this out the hard way. Few people here have doubts that the about-face call in the squeaker election of 2006 had something to do with Presidente Calderón jumping on-board quickly with an active Drug War policy. And what has that gotten him (us)? Fast and Furious arms sales to the drug cartels and one major disaster of a domestic policy aimed at causing maximum chaos throughout the country. Man, talk about "inciting the opposition." CIA "advisors" in Mexico overseeing the Drug War. One could only hope they are invited to leave Mexico, soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

The cartels definitely have their stranglehold on the Mexican people.

It's always the money that talks in the end. The cartel violence even heads way into the USA now.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The cartels definitely have their stranglehold on the Mexican people.

It's always the money that talks in the end. The cartel violence even heads way into the USA now.

It could be way different in the border towns, but here in the central highlands about the only time any of us are likely to see any cartel activity is in the media. The police, on the other hand, have been especially annoying and with some new invasive activity seemingly every month.

No one here not involved in narcotics activities or just fearful because of the media is worried about the cartels. What few incidents that have happened, road blockades, etc., those folks were careful that no civilians got hurt. The true atrocities that have happened involved rogue officials working for government agencies such as top Immigrations officials involved in kidnapping,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
or human rights concerns about the police and military abusing citizens carrying out Drug War policy. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8-11-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. Here in Canada the media makes it out to sound that the violence is nationwide. I know if this because there are many Canadian tourists who get killed while visiting Mexico. We mostly visit central Mexico near the coastal resorts

I'm glad to hear that your area is not affected.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I found an article from the Washington Post that is trying to make Bolivia look like the one's on the losing end. They go out of their way to point out how much drug production has gone up since the US has left. How would the US know if they have been gone?

I guess Washington is a little red faces from this so they had to com up with some thing quick.

washingtonpost.com

Morales said Tuesday that he still considers the ambassador he expelled in September 2008, Philip Goldberg, to have been “a conspirator.” Less than two months later, he ejected the DEA.

The U.S. government denies the Bolivian government’s allegations that Goldberg schemed with lowlands agrobusinessmen to unseat Morales, an Aymara Indian raised poor in the country’s poor, windswept highlands.

Bolivia is the world’s No. 3 producer of coc aine. Drug control officials say coc aine production has been on the rise there since the DEA was expelled with Mexican and Colombian traffickers moving in and building ever more sophisticated processing labs.

edit on 9-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The DEA might not be in business with them anymore, but I remember when the CIA was running drugs in and out of the country for funding for black ops. Iran-Contra and what not. Anyone remember a guy named Noriega? The Feds were real buddy-buddy with him, until they decided it was time to cut the times, and boy did they ever.
Coke's as dead as dead. Besides, the government would prefer you use THEIR stimulants. You know, ADHD medicine. They get kids hooked on it every day.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

I certainly remember Noreaga. The CIA used to be pretty big into dealing back then. I think they still are. They are loving the Opium industry in Afghanistan these days. They don't care if you eat their pharma pills or consume their illegal hard drugs because they get paid either way.

Opium production has skyrocketed since the US invasion, but most of us know that

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Over in Chile, the CIA was there as an alleged "anti drug unit". Really, they did the exact opposite. They do it to create slush funds, I think. For black ops, things off the budget.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Most people have come to accept the fact that these organizations deal drugs. A lot of mainstream outlets have reported on it. The news used to be easier to find. They have been busted a few times. here is one example.

In 1996 the agency was accused of being a crack dealer.

A series of expose articles in the San Jose Mercury-News by reporter Gary Webb told tales of a drug triangle during the 1980s that linked CIA officials in Central America, a San Francisco drug ring and a Los Angeles drug dealer. According to the stories, the CIA and its operatives used crack coc aine--sold via the Los Angeles African-American community--to raise millions to support the agency's clandestine operations in Central America.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yep. The CIA subjugated the inner cities via pumping crack coc aine into them in the 80s. It's part of the reason D.C. is so bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join