It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the 99% are Fighting Against

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This might have been posted in times past, but I thought it in the best interest of people everywhere to explain why a lot of knowledgable 99%ers are fighting against what they believe is a corrupt system( Banks + Fed + Corporations):

Do your best to watch all of it
it is a great little short film that explains a lot. I know that there is more that goes into the movement but this is a huge chunk of it.
edit on 8-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They are fighting man bear pig but remember man bear pig turned out to be real.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ill give it two minutes before haters start flaming this thread...
maybe the armchair dorito rebels will finally realize this movement has purpose. s&f

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

I expect flamers to be in here
With a community this large, there are bound to be enemies of the movement.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
BEST CARTOON I EVER SAW!!

Everyone should send this to everyone they know, sit them down, and help them watch it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
No flames. Just pointing out that this video is the epitome of the Tea Party platform and promotes a heavy libertarian standpoint, something that the most vocal of OWS folks find horrific. I'd go so far as to call it a very anti-OWS film. There are some of the same reasons for anger but the solutions are polar opposite.
(I own it on dvd and have watched multiple times, btw, so I already know it well)
edit on 8-11-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

That is somewhat true, but the OWS is different in every city. I know you aren't flaming the video or disagreeing with it. But it pretty much sums up almost all the facts people SHOULD know by now about the history and current state of our country in a way even a child can understand. The video isn't really promoting anything except that it is time for everyone to wake up and stand up to the madness that is going on around us right in front of our faces.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

I hear you. Faulty assumption on my part.
Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

If only it was that easy

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

See... that is one thing that I hate about all of this... so many sides people THINK they need to choose. Democrats...Republicans...The Left...The Right...Conservative...Liberal... and even finer and finer grained than that... it muddles everything up and obscures what is really happening... it also pits people against each other with "sides".

The pure and simple fact is... the wealth in this country is grossly heavy to a small percentage of the populous (the 1%...). Banks have destroyed this country (watch the video) and corporations gobble up small businesses trying to thrive in a very tough market (Walmart destroy your small towns business yet?... it has mine). We have politicians that are funded by corporations to augment the view of said politician, our money is basically worthless... (where is our gold/silver backed currency? Better yet... where is the gold and silver?)...

THAT is what we are fighting for... I could care less about a Repubidemoliberconservitards view on things. I am not black and white, left or right. I think in terms of what is right and fair for the people as a whole and what gives the power back to the people... not which side I want to be on like it is some football team I am backing.

Simple Line of power (or how i see it...)

The Fed (private bank... it isn't the government) -> Banks -> Corporations -> Politicians, Lobbyists -> Laws

We may vote for the people in power but they almost never follow through with promises. They care about the people funding them, not the ones voting for them...

Think outside the party

edit on 8-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

True, it would be great if it was. More people on ATS should watch this, even though most of it is already common knowledge on here. I think it is still a well made, entertaining, and education cartoon.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
"We are the 99% brothers join us"

new topics

top topics

join