It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really ARE alone ("Aliens" are not "E.T's" they are "E.D's")

page: 32
<< 29  30  31   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

^^^^^^^^

I was totally agreeing with that until you said this:

The fact is, humans fear ET because we do not understand them, we do not understand why they are here and we do not understand or REMEMBER that they have always been here, for every single one of us and that we agreed to this as individuals.

Directly followed by this:

They are not hostile.

Are you claiming that though humanity doesn't understand/ know about E.T.s, you do?

It is so complex and intricate that our minds cannot, and are not meant to, understand it. We're all here for a reason.

I doubt anybody could've believed 200 years ago that we now understand about DNA and what makes up our bodies. Is that reason designated by another being? If so, are we not completely shackled by this being? Without any form of personal choice or responsibility?

Religion is only here to act as a crutch to the fearful, even while it cultivates and confirms that fear. That's the irony of it. The more you open your spirit to other possibilities the less you will need religion and the more religion will appear to be primitive and silly.

Are you not doing the exact same thing with your assertions in this very post? But simply not subscribing to an organised belief system but one of your own? I wholly agree with that and think that developing your own set of beliefs because of your own subjective experiences is a far more pure form of spirituality (for lack of a better word) however to state these things as facts in an 'educating' manner is a little unsavoury- it is effectively proseletyzing and what you seem to have stated you disagree with.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspirus

Well "Cuz" as an Ex-Christian i used to believe in a God, when i became Skeptical of such things and looked for the Evidence i became Atheist. Ive came to my senses, you should as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I was just waiting for creationism to make it's way into the video. The maker waited until the end so you'd watch the entire thing. The author fails to take into account all of the earth like planets discovered the past couple years. Bending a theory to support your preexisting belief system is not science. It's garbage. Bending facts to support your theory is bad science as well. And that is all the author did.

My favorite part is the definitive notion that there can be no life because of one man's equation regarding the probability of the set of circumstances that caused life here exceeding the number of existing worlds. That is flawed. The odds on winning megaball were 340 million to 1. So how did one man buy 30 tickets over 5 years and win it twice if that mathematical probability is infallible. Even if the scientists math was correct(which is not a certainty nor is his determination supported in peer review) even astronomical odds don't preclude more earth like planets with life from existing. It only means it would be unlikely unlike the authors claim of impossibility. Why on earth people twist things to suit their own beliefs is beyond me. And why people make ridiculous claims is beyond me as well.

But the worst part of this thread isn't the errant conclusions in the video or the OP. It's the idiots wishing for galactic war to prove the existence of ET life. How stupid is that? If they are capable of interstellar travel then their tech would be so far ahead of ours that the conflict would destroy us in the blink of an eye. And why anyone would wish for war and death just to prove the existence of something and validate their beliefs is just as bad as what the video and the op did.

The only intelligent way to look at this is unless you've met the aliens and have insurmountable proof that they are actually ETs then the best assumption is "I don't know" or "It's possible". We can't 100% disprove their existence, ever. And their presence has been proven to the masses on an acceptable level. So until their existence is verified why doesn't everyone just respond with the answer, "It is possible they exist." And leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Wheres the Evidence of these Aliens going away by saying Jesus. Your making a claim, a wild claim at best so i suggest you provide Evidence to back up those claims

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
The video states: "In effect there is zero chance of life elsewhere in the universe" but then claims Earth had "an intelligent designer".... well if there is no life anywhere else where did this designer come from?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Well "Cuz" as an Ex-Christian i used to believe in a God, when i became Skeptical of such things and looked for the Evidence i became Atheist. Ive came to my senses, you should as well.

That's how it came to be for the lot of us. I spent my childhood and teenage life questioning God, met a large crowd of people who more or less couldn't explain things, so then I went along with them, assuming nothing "magical" could be or never has been.

I can no longer just choose a side anymore.

Clearly there are forces at work on another level that we cannot understand, and that frightens people. It's another thing to be so bold as to say his name is Elohim or Jesus, or to say, there is no one, and there never has been. It's like an oxymoron in the face of life. We came to be, and that's magical enough for me.

No matter what I cannot fight how I can use my thumb and crush an earwig or any other bug, and look at it in terms of a large wave or physical event killing a person or person(s). We are mastering our own dimension in the physical, but we are lacking in the mental. I just feel that people are so diverse in opinion now that as a whole, or a sum, we aren't getting anywhere, because if there was such a power of increased consciousness and awareness, as a whole, it's really anybody's guess to say what would come from that.

At the end of the day, hell, throughout the day, I do a mental zoom of where I am standing, wherever it is, and I envision myself and the air above me, soaring through the atmosphere, to anywhere I choose with my imagination. The Moon, Mars, wherever. These places exist, and if you were to go to say the Moon, you'd see our beautiful marble and you've marvel at the possibilities. If you had the technology you'd see so many little people doing so many little things. It's really all about perspective, and I strongly believe that perception is the building blocks to what a person wants to see or experience. Perception shapes your reality.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

I certainly don't disagree with this, I in fact agreed to almost all of it, however there were just a couple of thoughts I had reading it.

Clearly there are forces at work on another level that we cannot understand, and that frightens people.

"Clearly". Obviously, "forces", is immensely ambiguous so it could mean a huge variety of different things, however I don't believe it is obvious there is such a force in the orthodox sense and neither do I think it is something that will forever be decidedly out of reach for humanity. There is the potential for a unified theory or 'dark energy', 'anti-matter etc. and far, far more understanding than we currently have. I certainly don't state firmly that there "Is no God" but I do contest the existence of an Abrahamic God as it is perceived because of the inconsistencies and the reasons you mention. There is of course the, albeit very, very (VERY!) small, possibility that there is not in fact a great deal more for us to learn and there is no 'big reveal' of the origin of existence (as mind boggling as that may seem) which is another reason for making assumptions and following an organised belief system as to give a sense of stability and credence to that concept due to numbers who share the belief. However, I totally disagree with the simplistic "If there is no almighty objectivity in the universe then there is no point to anything"- I believe it is precisely the opposite. Another being's, whom I have never met, rules and regulations dictate what is important? The acts performed by people have exactly the importance which they invest into them- all we truly have is our subjectivity, therefore that is the only possible overall arbiter of our existence.

I just feel that people are so diverse in opinion now that as a whole, or a sum, we aren't getting anywhere, because if there was such a power of increased consciousness and awareness, as a whole, it's really anybody's guess to say what would come from that.

I think that this is mainly because of the globalisation of society. Whereas 1000 years ago only a tiny percentage of people would travel 50 miles+ there was a miniscule pool of ideas and culture to develop therefore the majority would simply follow the previous majority as there is very little alternative.
However, in the 21st century, EVERY type of culture, society, concepts, beliefs, discoveries etc. is available to many of us, making it inevitable that there would be an increase in diversity even in small groups of people simply because of the drastic increase in options.

This is still an incredibly new and young age- it could well be that as it goes on more concepts are merged to form a more lasting, majority endorsed viewpoint. However if that were to happen I think the key part is the fusion of several cultures as that is what breaks down barriers and allows more people to merge.

Apologies for the long post, I didn't plan on such a long one!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom171
The video states: "In effect there is zero chance of life elsewhere in the universe" but then claims Earth had "an intelligent designer".... well if there is no life anywhere else where did this designer come from?

That's my question, somewhere along the way life can't be created, because the something that created it would have to be "alive". It's the classic chicken and the egg...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

As many times as the government has lied about a huge number of things its hard not to laugh.

I'd say its fair odds that there are other races in the universe just based on the number of stars
in each galaxy, and the number of galaxies.

Also fair odds there may be beings from other dimensions, if super string theory is to be
believed.

Also few will consider it, what we can see may be limited by our Tech Zero level of gear.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The truth is largely burried in these facts that often cause a lot of friction:

- "Aliens" visting earth have NEVER been proved, yet have been studied for hundreds of years.

- "Aliens" visiting earth is the DEFAULT assumption by UFO enthusiasts for a real phenomenon that cannot be fully explained but exists.

- People who choose the DEFAULT deny the existance of any othe theory and get angry if someone challenges it because they really feel offended that the thing they want to really know about (aliens) cannot be explained hence all the radical theories about government secrets, fake religion, denial of the existance of Christ, etc. as means to defend their positions for lack of any scientific information about them.

- Evolution has never been fully proven ever, and is more connected to "adaptation" of living species and hence also becomes a DEFAULT that says all life evolves from nothing.

Truth?

- Aliens don't exist and mankind is alone in the universe because they were created as the single most unique being that God ever made for His specific purposes including bringing glory to Himself.

- "Aliens" are actually inter-dimensional beings, meaning spiritual beings, that are associated with the billions of angels that God created including specifically those who are fallen or who chose to deny His creation of mankind and to follow their own path.

- These beings people see or interact with (abductions, UFO's, etc.) are best called "demons" because they seek specifically to mask or hide their identity to fool those who want to follow any other path and to cause conflict among people especially to blind people from seeing the truth of all of this (you want to believe in aliens, then fallen spiritual beings are happy to feed your desires to believe it as long as it denies Christ and the truth).

All of the so called evidence proves that the truth is these beings have been around us from the beginning only showing that it is near impossible to scientifically prove them because they exist as inter-dimensional spiritual entities that defy known physics because they can - they don't fall into the normal realm of physics.

Other UFO researchers who once believed in the DEFAULT have suggested this as far back as the 1970's only to be rejected from the mainstream UFO community because of the assumption of the DEFAULT solution and the strong desire for people in North American US society to believe in "aliens" is the only preferred solution to someting that cannot be proven. People who believe the DEFAULT tend to want these beings to come and rescue them from poverty, death, polution, financial crisis, medical conditions, war, etc. Problem is that the only solution for those problems is to accept Christ since He alone is the solution to these real problems.

Whenever someone says this it quickly is attacked as "not legitimate" as a solution to explaining why "aliens" exist or don't exist. The momentary high of attacking one legitimate explaintion is quickly replaced by the age-old drudge that UFO's have no known scientific explanation.

If all of you UFO alien enthusiasts really had the open mindset you claim, you would embrance all of the potential explainations rather than claiming you need more information but then attacking and rejecting anything that seems to counter the DEFAULT that you are so frustrated with.

Keep an open mind, you may learn something from other people who believe firmly in their own explanations for this phenomenon.

-

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tom171

The designer is God Himself - as an eternal being he is came from nowhere and was not created at all. Most religions, Christian or not, believe this unless they come from a more modern bent that God is an alien himself or a man who did enough good things to make himself a god somehow.

top topics

<< 29  30  31   >>

join