It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really ARE alone ("Aliens" are not "E.T's" they are "E.D's")

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by yes4141

This is bloody ridiculous. To be quite honest, anyone claiming without any doubt that "they have an open mind" are not really to be trusted.

Then why were yall railin on RevGen for NOT being open minded huh? By that statement you’re probably indirectly tryin to say that you DO have an open mind - not by a long shot by the way you’re talkin cuz you talk like you're defending your own religion.

Surely the first step of trying to have an 'open mind' is realising that all your interpretations, assumptions, beliefs etc. could be entirely wrong- even the information collected via your senses could be incorrect.

Yeah, so do you believe YOU have an open mind? How do you know Rev didn’t start out like YOU and then got to a truth through research or life itself?

All you have done is planted yourself firmly on the otherside of the fence with the same rhetoric.

Yeah that's easy for you to say; you don’t know those guys' experiences nor the lives they've lived, maybe they've been where you’ve been yet you’re telling them exactly what they're doing as if you know it all.

All we can do is attempt as best we can to consider things fairly. Truly fairly.

Did you know….that some people say with one thing but do another?.....

I'm certainly not going to claim that I necessarily do such a thing but I will absolutely NEVER claim I have any kind of divine license to express or enforce an opinion.

You just DID express an opinion.
Either way, let's pretend you didn't, you still have enough of your own views/opinions to tell someone he's a retard.

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

And if you look at the Evidence for God you would find nothing

Yeah cuz takin from how you sound on this thread so far you’ve obviously looked for it with an open mind. Good job

link   
reply to post by Miccey

As one fine Astronaut put it, "There really is a Santa claus "

Yeah there is, and he’s here to lock you up into believing there’s only a physical material world, and he’s doing a good job of it.

PPL like this one should be locked up and all their teachings burned
and forgotten.

Wow dude, such compassion and caring for your fellow man. How your statements not more dangerous than what he’s saying I don’t know.

WRONG... Thats not how science does it...Only Religeous fanatics
like Catholics and the likes of the Spanish Inq....

Dude, why don’t you do some frickin research of who those Catholics and Spanish Inquisitioners really were? Like the Knights Templars they were all in on “the goal.” That’s all I’m telling you bout this because OBVIOUSLY you know how to make yourself educated.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

"The Bible" has been mis-translated as all the holy books have - big time...........we have a personal friend that is very well educated and a world known archeologist that says many books were thrown out, missing, revised and one big example is the word "God"...........in all the original scriptures one simple letter was erased......s

The reason why one letter was missed out in God’s name was to keep it Holy. Also, it is true the bible’s been mistranslated by many cults, however the original Greek and Hebrew do not fall in that category.

No where in the original scriptures does it say "God" it says "Gods" and that one simple omission, that one simple letter changes an entire concept............one of many.

Yeah as Jesus told his followers that him and God the father are the same.

I could go on but it would take tens of thousands of words and hours to show you how all the holy books have been revised with many books either thrown out or missing.

Yknow that’s a tricky statement, how do you know which books are “missing” if you don’t know what the complete version looks like? The ones thrown out were because they had theological contradictions with the rest. The book of Enoch however I sometimes wonder if it should have been included, as content is cooperative but the dissension was over the author as he was likely from the lineage of Cain.
You as well as I know that changing just one word in a sentence can alter the meaning of even one basic idea as well as one's perspective, depending on one's technological interpretation can as well alter one's view point.
Thus those in the translation committees discuss the importance of whether or not to modify or update a translation, as language changes over the years. Also, Greek and English are very very different languages linguistically, so translating can be pretty difficult.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Many people will not, cannot, think outside the box they were placed in from birth onward. They live, vote and believe in the exact same way they were taught and dig no further.

Most people do yup.

We are god........all of us together. Like drops of rain and "god" is the ocean. Like cells in a body and "god" is the body.

Wow um…interesting. Care to elaborate some?

That is why when you screw over someone, you hurt someone, you are actually messing over a part of yourself for you and me and all of us are a part of the great whole some call the source.

Alright man, with comments like that one you have no right to be hammerin RevGen for what he’s standing up for.

Simply put down that remote, that Xbox, whatever distraction you have and do some serious research.
I agree, but remember…you shouldn’t be open to EVERYTHING, or else you end up in a spot where YOU are.

Our scientists right now are on the verge of being able to clone and create life outside the "normal" procreation methods.....again. [/quote[
They’ve been doing that for along time.

I will not reply back to any other posts blasting how their religion is right for that is everyone's right to believe whatever they chose to believe.

I agree with you there missy, tell that to 95% of the people in this thread will ya?

If you at least do not pick up a few of the above mentioned books and read them, than you will continue to your dying breath being manipulated like most of humanity.................missing out on your true potential.

Let me ask you one thing. Do you talk to anyone in your mind? Not talking to yourself necessarily, but another….being in your mind? Just tryin to…gage where you’re at

But belief without deep and long research, reflection and reading thousands of books, simply believing in that old time religion is, again in my humble opinion, simply taking the easy way out and turning your back on why we are here, where we are going and our true potential.

Actually that depends on which religion you’re talking about. Grouping up RevGen’s belief as the same would be stereotyping.
The true history of the human species has purposely been hidden from us in order to control us and mask our true potential, keeping us enslaved both physically, mentally and spiritually as well as dividing us as a species.

Most people are too busy, distracted or lazy to do the serious, indepth research in this one area..........they simply accept the "normal" "rational" explanations that the majority have accepted for eons.

I agree with that part, however it is by programming most people are the way they are. I would recommend for you to do some research of people who USED to think like the way you do.

Instead of simply accepting whatever you were spoon fed, do some research and than you will be secure in whatever you chose to believe that you were not indoctrinated but rather arrived at whatever conclusion you arrive at truly on your own.

I agree with you as well here, however again it depends on what you are referring to by “spoon-fed.” If you’re talking about people here that are maybe 50 to 60 years old maybe it was true, but with my generation onward things have been much different.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by WannabeMartian

The irony is apparently lost on you, as you don't see that your "faith" blinds you and closes your mind. You cannot have faith unless you remove all the "?'s", and change them to "!'s".

You know what man, unless you see a ufo land in your backyard and he comes to shake your hand and you can see hear smell touch and taste him you yourself are running on faith.

Having an open mind is not the same as believing anything no matter how illogical or improbable it is.

Bravo.

It's actually about being open to constantly changing your views and ideas as new evidence presents itself. Which by definition is the opposite of religion.

What if, just what if those new views don’t undermine his religion in any way just like what he's saying wouldn't fit in your religion that these aliens will come save you in the end? Then you could easily assimilate it into the picture cuz it’s naturally a part of the puzzle to begin with. You seem to hold yourself highly but…dude!

link   
reply to post by yes4141

Apparently, censorship is also the way forward...

Actually in Christianity it WOULD be heresy to say Jesus was a full alien. He was definitely a hybrid of God and human, but he was still born in a natural birth from a woman on this earth. Hence as I was saying to autowrench, Jesus was not talking about coming from a different planet, or that he was not from the PLANET earth, it was more or less directed at the world system or tendencies. Greek is hard man

Why, does one book compiled with a political motive gain precedance over a book written with an entertainment motive?

Wow, and yall call HIM ignorant eh? You know that puts all the books you probably esteem in the same situation.

...and more importantly, why do you believe you qualify to make the judgement of what insults your god? Some would consider that itself blasphemy by implying he could be offended so easily by man and more so by equating yourself with somekind of 'Earth guardian' for God.

Ok, obviously he uses the bible as his guideline. Have you ever read the bible before? It tells you what God does and doesn’t like. PLUS, when something’s important to you, you stand up for it, whether they are beliefs, a girlfriend, a fellow human being…he never said he’s being a “guardian”, that’s just you saying it to mock and belittle the guy.

Much like the very reason why you attack his opinion with such religious fervor is because you don't want to consider that your Star Trek reality just might not be true.

link   
reply to post by autowrench

Well, how else do you explain how he came, and how he left? I know there are some who try to "church it up" but the facts remain. Jesus said, "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." (John 8:23) What do you think the term, not of this world means, anyway? If one is not of this world, then one is, by definition, an Alien, an extraterrestrial being. An EBE. The man had more knowledge than any other human did, like how to rearrange the molecules of water and change it into wine? And how about his skills in gravity control and manipulation? If I had that knowledge, I could walk on water too. The theological differences between competing groups of early Christians were so great that they make modern day differences between Catholics and Protestants look awful insignificant by comparison.

The Greek word for “world” can be translated in 14 different ways depending on which word form and the context….this is the problem with Greek being one of the most precise and complex languages in the world and English being a simple one. In John 8:23 it is more or less describing a world system in opposition to God, not necessarily the planet Earth but is describing the way of life or the mindset of those IN the world. John 17:16 Jesus uses the same word to talk about believers “They are not of this world, just as I am not of this world.” Of this world pertaining to the world system. Totally explains why believers are persecuted and hated. Also totally explains how one might easily be able to twist the bible to fit into what they want to be true.
The linguistics aspect of my schooling I surprisingly haven’t forgotten yet haha!

Early Christianity was deeply divided over who Jesus Christ was, and where or not he was Divine.

Yeah, you should research those who weren’t agreeing that he was divine, those involved in the secret society Essenes and those from the Sadducees and Pharisees groups. There’s more to it than them just being annoying to Jesus.

Ancient Christians believed the Holy Spirit is Female and She is the true Mother of Jesus Christ, not Mary

Actually this wouldn’t be JUST ancient Christians, this would be the….other group. The Kazhar Jews who make up the bad bloodline. Either way it doesn’t change the fact that Jesus was born from a physical woman.
The blood sample results taken from the Shroud of Turin is a fascinating topic to study as well. Figured out by the top Jewish doctors, once they had the blood dehydrated it was still alive; it only had 23 x chromosomes obviously from Mary, and ONE y chromosome to which they noted “isn’t even really human…”

If Jesus Christ told people he was a space alien, nobody would have known what it meant.

This would be true if there were only one word that translates from Greek to English as “world.”

The ancients had no concept of extra-terrestrial life, nor of outer space.

You sure about that?

To them, the stars were imbedded in a ceiling just above the earth. To them, the planets were nothing but wandering stars on their astrology charts. If they saw a UFO, it was attributed to the Glory of the Lord. If they saw an ET Being, it was said to be a Demon, Angel, or Monster of some sort.Telling people about life on other planets, and ETs visiting Earth back then would have resulted in much unnecessary confusion.

Such detailed description......You know this because you were there right?

If Jesus Christ were a EBE, the best thing for him to do would be to do exactly what he did – tell people he was from heaven, but leave his precise nature a mystery. Trouble is, the Nician Council turned him into a Divine God, and now most Christians believe that, even without knowing the origin thereof.

The origin of what? “Origin thereof”
You hold yourself knowledgeable, so be that before you make up your own theories about what you ridicule as “faith.”

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kman420

Obviously Aliens exist in our dimension youd have to be an idiot to think not. When we send microbes to other planets or people to other planetary bodies they are aliens, we are aliens. We were put here by aliens and our government knows this hence why they wont give you proof, but it only takes logic and a analytical mind.

Now how do you know that the government knows this buddy huh? How do you know that the government doesn’t actually know it in a whole new perspective that yall are unwilling to even consider? Logic and an analytical mind my ass. You can't say nothin about other people believing everything dude.

Only someone with no ability to rationaly analyze and think for them selves would beleive this garbage.

Yeah, totally. You obviously haven’t listened to anything he’s said other than picking up the parts you don’t like just cuz you don’t want to think that kinda reality might be true; you might say ya don’t, but if you don’t then why’re you holding double standards in how you think people should be respected?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

But your refusal to believe that maybe, just maybe there is life out there is just as ignorant, isnt it? Some of the most brilliant minds of our time, Stephen Hawking included said they do believe that there is life out there. The universe is simply too vast to assume otherwise.

Even if you assume otherwise, they’re both assumptions until you or any of your buckos here have solid evidence to prove otherwise. I’m jus sayin, the OP might be a lil misleading but cmon what kinda “voice of logic” is this.

All fair but your missing two main points. The first is those odds you are listing are for life like US to form. But life doesnt have to be like us, does it? Case in point:

Haha, so you’re waiting to be contacted by a plantform on some unknown planet floating out there? Come on, it’s INTELLIGENT life we’re talking about, who cares about the microbes or what not

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
if you view my thread in my signature you can watch a few videos which explain this Extra-Dimensional theory a little more in depth

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspirus

You know what man, unless you see a ufo land in your backyard and he comes to shake your hand and you can see hear smell touch and taste him you yourself are running on faith.

Agreed. Although there are other kinds of valid evidence, I don't believe in ET visitation for that exact reason - even though few things would make me happier than knowing ET was here.

What if, just what if those new views don’t undermine his religion in any way just like what he's saying wouldn't fit in your religion that these aliens will come save you in the end? Then you could easily assimilate it into the picture cuz it’s naturally a part of the puzzle to begin with. You seem to hold yourself highly but…dude!

I don't really understand what you are writing here. As a agnostic atheist, my starting point of view is that (organized) religion in itself is perhaps the biggest problem for humanity. That said, the point I was trying to make with the comment you quoted is that faith is static while ideas are dynamic. Faith cannot evolve, while ideas cannot stop evolving. Therefore a religious person cannot really have an "open mind", if the term is used correctly. I don't see why you feel I hold myself highly; as a agnostic I don't claim to KNOW anything, even though I have many thoughts and ideas based on my humble sense of logic.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Hm do you REALLY believe that you're just a physical body man?
Of what faith or religion or belief are you? Just askin, cuz here’s everyone sayin “open mind…open miiiind” yet if you read the bible or quran with a closed mind no matter how many times you read it you’ll likely get the same result.

I see no reason at all to believe anyone has a "immortal soul". What indications are there that this is the case? As far as I know, there is no evidence, and no logic that points in the direction of a soul. The only thing that does, seems to be wishful thinking, or fear of death.

I am human, and my ego, consciousness or self is evidently composed of electrical signals travelling along the neurons in my brain. When I die, the brain stops functioning, and so does my consciousness. Why does there have to be more?
In my opinion, the only way I can live on after death, is through the memories, ideas and thoughts I have given my fellow humans (loved ones).

I am of no particular faith, but I call myself an agnostic atheist (even though atheism is a silly word, because we don't have a name for people who i.e. don't collect stamps, and everyone is born atheist).

When I was younger, I read the bible cover to cover twice, and the qu'ran once. I've always been interested in religion, but the skeptic in me so far has been unable to accept the orthodox notions of god, heaven and hell etc.

There are many definitions of what god is, but I find it difficult, if not impossible to discuss god unless we talk about god in the biblical sense. Anyone can say that god is everything, or nature, or the universe, etc. but doing this in my opinion makes it very difficult to accept that the person doing so can rightfully call him or herself christian, muslim or whatever, since they are in fact deviating from the doctrines of which they claim to subscribe to.

edit on 16-11-2011 by WannabeMartian because: Clarity

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Kyobosha

You should stop assumig things like a Christian doesn't research and is only under the mind control of a preacher. Have I thrown the assumption you are under the control of aliens at you? Didn't think so. I'm sure you can think for yourself so please understand I can as well.

Point taken. I apologize.

The Monoliths with heiroglyphs that are translated with the Rosetta stone and other 'tablets'. Using your argument, isn't there room for error in those translations

Yes, there is room for error in every Ancient writing, hieroglyph, script, cave drawing, and so on. Is there not also room for error in the Bible?

Interesting you mention the last 50 years though, why didn't aliens change our DNA in the history before that?

How do you know they did not? Look at modern man beside Neanderthal Man, and Cro-Magnon Man.

Do you think humans evolved to what we are today all by themselves, with no help at all? I think humanity has been altered 28 plus times throughout history.

That is a freaky vision though. Was it given to you by the aliens, a specific group? Or was it a dream you had? Did the aliens contact you? I want to know more about your vision to understand not to humiliate you.

I appreciate you candor. I do not know "who" gave me the vision. It was not a dream. It was about 2:00 pm, a lazy summer afternoon, and I was laying on the sofa at my sister's house, watching TV. Suddenly everything stopped, and the atmosphere became hazy, I could not see the room anymore, or anything in the room. I have already posted the text of this vision HERE.

Like I said, I was able to stop it more than once, but upon my return it would began again, right were it left off. I still remember it like it was yesterday.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Project Blue Beam. Where would one do "Research?"

I would begin here: Project Blue Beam, and read the words of Serge Monast (1945 - December 5, 1996)

Then I would look here:
Holographic Technology

Here:
Future of Holography Technology

And here:
Making 3D, floating images

Two scientists with high level security clearances describe the ground-based and satellite technologies which can beam holographic images of religious figures and UFOs over an region, such as a battlefield, to influence enemy surrender -- or maybe to cause US Citizens to comply with their own government? Who knows? The scientists are not allowed to discuss the details but one admits that "American technology needs to be tested on Americans -- and American Citizens have already been damaged by the testing" of what some researchers call "Project Blue Beam." This technology was being tested at the Army base at Fort Huachuca, Arizona in the 1990s at the time of this interview.
source

Still scoffing? Make no mistake about it, this technology is quite real, and with the seeding of the sky with barium, anything is now not only possible, but probable.

Excerpts of World Freedom Information Network

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspirus
reply to post by autowrench

So, let us get this straight. We human beings here on Earth are the only life is this great big universe, where even God said there are many mansions.

God wasn’t talkin about the universe, he was talkin about heaven when he brought up the mansions. “In my fathers house are many mansions.”

Where do you get such ideas? The universe is teeming with life, and many of them look human.

Like StarTrek?

I might ask you the same thing. How do you, and all of the others in here get all of this insider knowledge of what God means, what God Thinks, and what God said? Where does that come from? Think about what you said, if God created the whole wide Universe, then in not the Universe God's home? And if God has many mansions in God's home, then does that not mean many places in the Universe where God created?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Um yes, good job. Our language is composed largely of latin, so are our ancestor languages for english…haha! Where are you going with this?

Is that so?

The history of the language can be traced back to the arrival of three Germanic tribes to the British Isles during the 5th Century AD. Angles, Saxons and Jutes crossed the North Sea from what is the present day Denmark and northern Germany. The inhabitants of Britain previously spoke a Celtic language. This was quickly displaced. Most of the Celtic speakers were pushed into Wales, Cornwall and Scotland. One group migrated to the Brittany Coast of France where their descendants still speak the Celtic Language of Breton today. The Angles were named from Engle, their land of origin. Their language was called Englisc from which the word, English derives. An Anglo-Saxon inscription dated between 450 and 480AD is the oldest sample of the English language.
The Origin and History of the English Language
A short history of the origins and development of English

I think you are wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

John 17:16 Jesus uses the same word to talk about believers “They are not of this world, just as I am not of this world.” Of this world pertaining to the world system.

World: 1. the earth or globe, considered as a planet.

In the time of Jesus, there was no "world system." He clearly meant, "I am not of this Earth, or not of this Planet."

Yeah, you should research those who weren’t agreeing that he was divine, those involved in the secret society Essenes and those from the Sadducees and Pharisees groups. There’s more to it than them just being annoying to Jesus.

The Jews, long before the time of Jesus, were divided into three sects, the Sadducees, the Pharisees, and the Essenes. Jesus had to be one of these three faiths. Jesus is recorded to have frequently rebuked and denounced both the Sadducees and Pharisees, but it is not related that he once mentioned the Essenes by name. According to Josephus, speaking of the Essenes, "are despisers of riches, and so very communicative as raises our admiration." , he said they are despiser's of riches, and so very communicative as raises our admiration. www.seekeronline.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141

Of course, I have no doubt that the majority of translators of texts do it to a very high standard and ability. The "panel of scholars" presumably alludes to the King James version of which the politicals permeate every stage of it's creation.

I certainly wasn't implying that those who translate these works aren't extremely good at what they do, nor do I think that such a job was done flippantly. I'm effectively trying to say that with several stages of translation comes an inevitable amount of "chinese whispers". Through several stages of imperfect individual word translations the original meaning can be distorted. Of course this doesn't take in the actual compilation process of the bible from Emperor Constantine which could potentially have had significant impact on the words of the bible we read today.

I'll try and find the source for that, I read it last year but can't remember where right now.

Each major version of the English Bible had a panel of scholars, KJV, NIV etc. Not that I am not referring to texts used by groups with altered teachings, just to direct translations of the Greek and Hebrew texts.

I agree there is certainly a possibility that our English translations (and other translations that are not Greek or Hebrew) have minor translation errors. I do not think however that these possible errors completely distort the intent. With regards to Constantine, however, he did not dictate what words went into the Bible. Remember the Bible is a collection of writings from history, not a book written all at once and dictated by one person.

With that said, since the Bible is a collection, who compiled it? Constantine did asked Eusebius to produce a collection of writings (pre-Bible well call it) for church use in Constantinople since there was no official 'book' at that time. Eusebius, however, did not dictate which writings appear in our Bible today. The official Canon for the basis of today's Bible was set by the Council of Carthage in 419 A.D. several decades after Constantines death. This canon was not determine based upon the words of the writings but strictly by the origin of the writing. So the words in the Bible weren't changed by Constantine.

With regards to the source I just can't seem to find it, maybe my search terms in Google aren't write, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of hits for each search

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WannabeMartian

That said, the point I was trying to make with the comment you quoted is that faith is static while ideas are dynamic. Faith cannot evolve, while ideas cannot stop evolving. Therefore a religious person cannot really have an "open mind", if the term is used correctly.

I do have to say that I disagree with your logic here. To begin, at its core faith is belief in a concept (or idea) so either concepts/ideas are static or faith can evolve. Ideas and faith are tied together. To go deeper though, a persons faith is always 'evolving', faith (in anything) can be strengthened or weakened depending on the circumstance. Investigating an idea is possible even if you have faith, just because you have faith in something does not mean you are not open minded.

Also, as Conspirus said, those who believe in ET's also act on faith and are also 'religious' in their beliefs. If 'religious' people are closed minded then those who believe in ET's are as well. So, if the term is used correctly this would apply to all people than believe in an idea.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join