It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We really ARE alone ("Aliens" are not "E.T's" they are "E.D's")

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141
Of course, I have no doubt that the majority of translators of texts do it to a very high standard and ability. The "panel of scholars" presumably alludes to the King James version of which the politicals permeate every stage of it's creation.

I certainly wasn't implying that those who translate these works aren't extremely good at what they do, nor do I think that such a job was done flippantly. I'm effectively trying to say that with several stages of translation comes an inevitable amount of "chinese whispers". Through several stages of imperfect individual word translations the original meaning can be distorted. Of course this doesn't take in the actual compilation process of the bible from Emperor Constantine which could potentially have had significant impact on the words of the bible we read today.

I'll try and find the source for that, I read it last year but can't remember where right now.

I write three sentences which I erase before leaving the table in despair. Have pity on me, I've spent the whole day trying to dodge one of my mother's negative comments after another. "Wherever did you get the odd idea that you could write about ancient aliens?" As far as I'm concerned that is the topper on the cake.

Always some gay guy at a cubicle coughing. The world turns upside down, sungby the British after they lost a battle. Emperor Constantine had a battle for translating ideas, what difference make for civilization or Wisconsin? Mr. T had a mean temperment, and that you do not question. Which has the promethean haters following me and harassing me like a seige of bastille, cut off "Im a christian!"
edit on 15-11-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Ok, watch this...........

1. Only God exists.
2.We and everything in existence are God consciousness.
3. No separate thing exists in truth.
4. You are God.
5. Why make the Illusion?
6. Because your lonely, that's right! You are God and you got lonely.
7. Your thread title is correct. you really are alone.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Ok, watch this...........

1. Only God exists.
2.We and everything in existence are God consciousness.
3. No separate thing exists in truth.
4. You are God.
5. Why make the Illusion?
6. Because your lonely, that's right! You are God and you got lonely.
7. Your thread title is correct. you really are alone.

Thatis what you are saying or agreeing on right, they are illusions? They aren't illusions, I pity the fool who thinks that.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Well my friend, bigger and better fools than me have come to the same conclusion. Think again!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neobludragon

OHHHH now I understand why you deny the existence of E.Ts. It's cause you believe in fairy tales. I gotcha. Ok, carry on with what you believe. I'm done posting in this thread now now that I know what you're beliefs are... then again I kinda knew you were the religious type. They always deny the existence of E.Ts. I guess it shouldn't have surprised me that the white house denies them too cause they believe in fairy tales also. Thanks for the good laugh.

He didn’t deny the existence of ET s, he just said that they are EDs.
The white house never denied their existence but rather work together with EDs.
And who’s makin who laugh?

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

I dont care what anyone else says because we are merely a spec in this vast Universe and we've havent even left the solar system.

If you really didn’t care, you wouldn‘t have routinely come back to this post. If you truly didn’t care but were just coming back to harass the dude whilst you have your “open mind,” that‘s a separate problem.

As a statement itself I like it

How do we know if other planets could sustain life when we havent even Visited them? Nothing is Absolute.

Exactly, so why would you argue with him otherwise then?

link   
reply to post by superman2012

Were they ever questioned about extra-dimensional beings? I don't recall seeing a petition or even a single scrap of declassified material pertaining to extra-dimensional beings.

A petition my ass. Do you know WHO the people in the government are dude?!

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Lol. The Theory of Extra-dimensional Beings is believed by very few people. But a little over half the US Population believes in a possibility of Extraterrestrials. [/quote
That depends on who you’re referring to by saying “very few people.” However I do agree perhaps OP should have clarified a little more of what he meant in the OP.

Either way, popularity does not ever decide what’s true or false. It was people like you who mocked and ridiculed other groundbreaking thinkers such as Galileo, Newton, or Tesla.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Didn't the Vatican admit that extra-terrestrials could exist and if they do they are most likely Catholic too!?

The Vatican has been under Satan’s hand for a good many years now. So if you’re referring to “Vatican catholics” then you bet Ets are catholic…they both follow the same leader, long story short who turns out to be “Lucifer“. Do some research before you make….um…stupid comments, haha! You smokin somethin or what?

Yes, the same Church that denied that the Earth could revolve around the Sun, and wasn't the Earth flat for a while too?

Yeah while that pope coulda just read HIS bible and woulda been more open to it - however he was just playing along with the whole scheme. Are there good Catholics in the world? Yes I’m sure. But the Vatican has wandered off of any biblical path a long time ago.

link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

Reply to Revelation Generation:
You are one of the most obnoxious people on ATS. I have rarely witnessed such flawed logic in my life. All of your posts are full of blatantly false information, most of it s**t that you have obviously made up to fit your purposes and support your message of Yeshusuahamuhahabruhaha or whatever he's called. You claim to dislike arrogance but everything you write involves telling other people how they are being fooled and how they are ignorant for not thinking as you do, and how they are going to hell because of it. Seriously, its getting old. And for such a supposedly enlightened person, one would think you could figure out the difference between "your" and "you're". I would think that along with all that divine knowledge Yeshumehansanincompoophuanan has granted you, he would have thrown some basic grammar in with it.

Hmm….off topic post? I haven’t seen any personally directed comments from him to you that are as brash as what you’re telling him here.

To think that in such a vast universe there is no other life but here on earth is the very pinnacle of arrogance. Humans are special and fascinating, but not that much. Also, you can't just throw around the word "extra-dimensional" like you know what it means. You don't, because the worlds greatest scientific minds don't.

Perhaps he was referring to beyond physical. If you have done the research you are claiming to have done, these aliens, ETs, EDs, whatever are not entirely constrained by the laws that command our universe - which is why he’s likely bringing up the extra dimensional bit. They can CHOOSE to be constrained so that they can walk on our ground, but they do not have to obey it like we do.

Last time I checked, your bible does not say anything about extra dimensional beings flying around fighting each other for dominion over earth.

Last time I checked, that’s not even happening now in reality yet….you smokin too!? There are many references to things that could very well be ufos in the bible, I‘ve seen that list myself.

How damned hard is it to say "I don't know?" every once in a while instead of claiming to have the answers to everything?

In his defense to be able to say that you sure are pretending to know a lot about his bible AND the topic he’s exploring as if YOU know everything.

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

One True God? Please dont shower us in your Fake Morally Superior Christian Beliefs. Especially when your Religion is based on many older ones.

Interesting comment, how is Christianity based on many older ones?

link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Reply to Revelation GenerationYou do realize that wasn't actually in the Bible and was voted upon to become 'fact' at the Council of Nicea?

Actually it IS in the original Greek bible.

The same Council of Nicea where all the bishops were supplied with young boys for their entertainment, and which was hosted by a pagan Roman Emperor who had a penchant for killing his own relatives...

Um….how do I say this. True Christianity always had it’s…counterpart, an “anti” component who pretended to be the true Christianity who really weren‘t….em….much like the Presidents of our country all pretended to be Christian, or like the Knights of the Templars and the secret societies prior and following. Were there some in there that were? Probably. But they were all required to follow a certain other…..religion behind the scenes. If the true Christianity, those that weren’t hypocrites but really tried to be like Christ, was the yin, then the….“others” were the yang.

PAGAN Roman Emperor is right. So then….what do you think consisted of the Council of Nicea? Other than St. Jerome and St. Augustine, the other members were…likely tied to the bloodline of the pagans as well. This is deep stuff, research it while you can.

It was Tertullian who came up with the notion of the Trinity.

The term perhaps, but the concept is explained by Jesus in the bible.

You might want to look into that one too...

There’s a lot more here than meets the eye missy, so whilst you tell others to look into things how bout you do that yourself too huh

link   

Christianity stole most of its sacred days (including Jesus' birthday) from Pagan days of worship, to allow them to convert easier.

Actually it’s the reverse of that statement, though the fact that pagan holidays are compiled with Christian for the purpose of making things messier, you’re right….OR if it was the Vatican that decided that, then that opens another can of worms. For example, Halloween actually sat it’s butt down on the day Martin Luther pinned some important church manuscript on the church door. They added the Christmas tree, a pagan phallic symbol as well as a shining pyramid symbol, to Jesus’ birthday to add a pagan component to cause dissensation like we are havin now

God did not write the Bible, man did. If God made man fallible, and God doesn't make mistakes, BUT we were made in Their image, it either means that God is fallible, which means He isn't perfect...OR we were not made in his image, which would make the Bible wrong.

First lemme ask ya, have you ever read the entire bible for yourself?
Secondly… according to the bible we WERE made in his image, we just messed it up not much later and gained ourselves the fallible portion. Doesn’t do nuthin to God’s perfection.

link   

Originally posted by Revelation Generation:
Evilution is a flat out lie and I am actually surprised people still believe in it, well I guess the brainwashing of secular society is almost complete.

Originally posted by superman2012:
Here is your chance to correct this lie.

Which lie? What RevGen said up there? Actually the evolution theory is the least favored amongst most real scientists who know anything, hence why the “ohhhhh we must come from aliens then“ idea is more popular now, because life is too complex to have gotten this intelligent by itself. Them scientists are PAID to lie to the public, you know that? Just like smoking started out as being good for you….it’s not that they found out later that it’s bad, they LIED TO US about it. Same with fluoride. Follow the money and you’ll find who really controls our society, even regarding what we know as far as science goes.

I guess God is giving you a chance to change our minds. Please provide proof for this...other than that hogwash video

Proof for what? Your posts are almost as ambiguous as you claim Rev’s are.

I have seen better things on Sesame Street.

Yeah, coming from you I believe you have.

ETA: Or you could just answer a simple question then, Why did God create man?

Um….in my opinion it’s like….do you need a reason to make things with Legos other than that you want to? And another is, it was a step to another plan or higher purpose. It’s like….preparing for a battle, so gaining the supplies, ammunition, and men to win….but it’s alil more complex cuz in the battle between God and Lucifer our souls are the pawns. It’s a long process to understand how the world works man.

I can see why he wouldn’t answer this though, even if he did give you a good answer insteada actually trying to see his point of view you’ll just keep on going with the ad hominem comments. As they say, don’t lay your pearls before swine.

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Evolution is pretty much Scientific Fact.

Bahah not really. Public schools did a great job on you guys

MICRO evolution perhaps. But no one has ever witnessed MACRO evolution happening, and as millions of species are assumed to have become other species do we find any one fossil evidences of this? No. Hence no one, not even the greatest scientist, has seen this happen before their eyes, it is still just a THEORY. Many of the popular facts that supposedly support evolution were literally proven wrong to the point of those who came up with those evidences admitting that they were hoaxes or fudged numbers; but guess what? They’re still in our kids textbooks folks. Hmm…wonder why.

Wheres the Evidence for a Creator?

There are many paths you could go with this but why you ask this in this particular thread who knows. Off the top of your head do you know who created the Chevrolet brand? Or the BMW brand? Assuming that you don’t, that doesn’t change the fact that you see those cars running around all over the place, evidence by design - even if you don’t know who created the brand, you know that SOMEONE did. This is probably one area where if you don’t see the design in it yourself…..well either go educate yourself some more first or maybe yall aren’t as open minded as you’re proclaiming you are

link   
reply to post by Zeer0

The first people lived in Africa. And we can determine this by Fossil Evidence. Adam and Eve never existed. So your wrong.

Brash and bold statements. Proof?

link   

quote]So is this correct?

God creates man in their image

Yup

Man is fallible

Yup

Man is not perfect

Nope

Bible says God is perfect

I believe so

Either God is not perfect or the Bible is wrong or both.

How you derive this from your previous 3 statements I do not know. When did the bible ever say man’s imperfection equals as God being imperfect? Man chose imperfection out of the free will he was given, which was why he was cursed.

Must think pretty highly of yourself to post this idea twice eh?

link   

He who claims to know the truth about the spirit is in true spiritual darkness. You think you have all the answers, the "truth", and so you have no compunction to expand your understanding of yourself and existence.

Granted I don’t know how this guy posts elsewhere, however those who are true to that religion never claim they’ve got it all by far, but what truth they have uncovered they‘d try to show the way to others in that area. Actually, while doing my best to read this thread neutral to give this guy a chance you guys actually sound more obnoxious than he does.

The most sportsman way to go about this is to try to understand what he’s tryin to say without bashing him for his perspectives. Yall are ignoring the content of the OP instead of at least trying to help make sense of it all….AND in an area none of you have any real answers to; furthermore, you’re taking it to the personal, ‘ad hominem’ level of arguing by saying he’s arrogant, ignorant, close minded, etc etc; by this aren’t you all bein the same thing you‘re claiming he is?

There are few writing that are more cloaked in spiritual ignorance than the bible.

Not really. It is because it is immovable in where it stands that you all seem to be starting to have seizures about anything RevGen’s saying.

To you, its all right there in front of you. No need to expand, to grow, to discover.

You seem to hold yourself very knowledgeable….there are many instances in the bible to which science is catching up to. If they’d known the bible well enough, George Washington probably wouldn’t have died as soon as he did cuz they bled him to death (life of the flesh is in the blood); the Hittites, King Solomon are a few names that were in the Bible no one believed to have existed…until historical evidence was found verifying that they did. Many scientific facts that couldn't be verified when the bible was written was verified later, which means somehow it was ahead of itself by thousands of years.

All that is left is to look down on those you believe to be lesser than you, for you know the "truth" and anyone who does not believe as you do is damned to hell for eternity.

If he truly did look down on you he’d prolly cuss you out for how much of a hypocrite you’re being to him with posts like these and feeling confident bout what you‘re saying just cuz most people here are doing the same thing to him.

If he thought you as lesser bet he’d not even waste his time with a thread like this. Obviously he’s convinced he’s got the truth, and humanity is on a crash course for eternal damnation from hell if they don’t hurry up and wake up cuz there’s no time left; in his mind, feeling that he’s got the truth, the only moral thing to do is to try to wake up everyone ----wouldn’t you do that as well if you knew you figured out the truth?

I never once mentioned evolution. Evolution is science, and science NEVER STOPS EXPANDING.

Well someone obviously mentioned it. Evolution’s not a science. Not even in the dictionary. Perhaps it doesn’t seem like it stops expanding cuz you as an individual keep learning something new, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t there in the first place.

If it came to light that life is the result of something other than mere chance, then science would accept that, and then move on to find out more answers.

Unless…TPTB are hiding something.
Do you really think you were taught something that true in public HS?

So according to you buddy science would accept it if life were the result of than mere chance? Did you know that for life to have evolved to the level of intelligence by mere chance is next to impossible? That’s like putting all the components needed to make a watch in the same petri dish to wait to see if it’ll become a watch…..OR like watching a wristwatch evolve into a pocket watch….and this is after fast forwarding some of the initial processes such as all metallic molecules to group together into that particular shape, plastic to do so as well, etc. etc. Science already DOES accept that you need more than chance, that’s why the idea that aliens created us is getting popular in the scientific community.

YOU are the force that is keeping mankind chained to war, ecological destruction, and spiritual death. YOU are holding back the progress of the human species with your worn out, absolutist nonsense.

Wow, harsh. Not really a true statement but it’s harsh still if that’s what you were looking for good job dude.

link   

So wait. If non-organic life forms cannot create organic life forms, is your god organic or non-organic? If he is organic, then how is he a god? If he is not organic, then what you say is indeed false, and organic life-forms CAN be created by non-organic life forms. Which is it?

Alright I agree with ya there, but give the guy a break. Seriously yall are attacking his sanity and saying that what he’s trying to communicate are BS to you 5 against 1, how that’s not ignorant I don’t know. Don’t matter what he’s talkin about man, if this were some other topic that don’t get on your nerves as much you’d prooobably be a lil more respectful yourself eh?

The God that created is spiritual, so non-organic, while Jesus I believe has a physical body - either way, Jesus was still just spiritual when the world was created according to the bible. You’re combining two different ideas though. You’re probably talking in the evolutionary sense, whereas Rev’s talking in the spiritual sense, or the force ABOVE the creation, or as you would put it evolutionary process, which in your case would be chance..

If he is organic how is he God? Just as man has both a body and a soul.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

There is plenty of evidence for evolution.
You know what’s funny? You say this without really providing any evidence or where to find that evidence. Instead of posting a website that’ll take aeons to read, why not condense it down for the guy some huh?

I understand it gets murky the further back you go, but there are a number of examples that have been Scientifically observed, showing evolution over a short period.

Yes, which is MICRO evolution. But MACRO evolution has never been observed, which is for example being able to evolve from a cat to a dog, a cow to a whale, etc etc. You can perhaps with technology today create a mixture like so, but this evolution theory never had petri dishes when the original species were being formed. And if you say there were then that opens a whole nother can of worms that wouldn’t even fit in your evolution theory

Living creatures are built up of the same building blocks as many other non-living things in the Universe. So I don't know what you are talking about here.

True….but only to an extent. When was the last time you had an intelligent conversation with a rock? Hmm?

There are many types of reproduction, and some not needing "parents"

Yes smarty, like the man said they still reproduce after their own kind. Mold will still give birth to mold regardless of whether they do it by sex or by spores.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join