It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of America's Recent Earthquakes have a connection they are Very Shallow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There have been a number of earthquakes in America this year and all have something in common:

- Region ARKANSAS 16.02.2011 - Depth 5.6 km (3.5 miles)
- Region VIRGINIA, August 23, 2011 - Depth 6 km (3.7 miles)
- Region OKLAHOMA, November 07, 2011 - Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) earthquake usgs.gov..

Can you see a pattern yet?

Going back to 2009,

- Region OFF THE EAST COAST OF THE UNITED STATES, August 27, 2009, Depth 6.1 km (3.8 miles)

To put this in perspective, any earthquake which originates less than 30km in depth is treated as shallow. So these quakes are all very shallow. Japan's earthquake was 30 km in depth. When USGS first reported on the earthquake in Virginia, the depth was initially reported as (I remember) 2 km but was then revised to a lower depth (I wish I had taken that screen shot).

With the deepest mine at 3.8 km and the reasonable consistency of the depth across America (and beyond), I cannot help but wonder whether these are being caused by man made activities.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
too much caffeine?

:
)
edit on 11/8/2011 by milano because: ??????ur nuts

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
hydraulic fracking??

oil and gas reserves being tapped?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

in the dulce book they speak of a big underground tunnel network for magnetic super trains all across US, used by the black ops military and part of the US Navy. you could be on to somehing

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by milano

A previous post ( now deleted ) which mentioned aquifers had tied in the depletion of the aquifers to the recent Oklahoma earthquakes . More than likely due to increased consumption . Do an overlay of recent Oklahoma earthquakes and the known aquifers and you can figure out that the aquifers are not being replenished and the usage has steadily increased . ( Central Oklahoma Aquifer ) They are getting sucked dry so expect earthquakes , there is nothing to hold up the roof of the empty caverns .

The deleted post also mentioned maps of what may become the new american coastline .

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It is the aquaifiers - the water table took a horrible hit this past summer - draining aquifiers I'm telling you !

Sorry poster above me - I was unaware you posted that - I in fact brought up how the maps seemed to show low areas where Large Aquifiers were located
edit on 8-11-2011 by NorthStreet1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStreet1
It is the aquaifiers - the water table took a horrible hit this past summer - draining aquifiers I'm telling you !

Sorry poster above me - I was unaware you posted that - I in fact brought up how the maps seemed to show low areas where Large Aquifiers were located
edit on 8-11-2011 by NorthStreet1 because: (no reason given)

I read your previous post and did some digging around and what you mentioned on the previous post makes PERFECT sense .

new topics

top topics

join