It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 off-duty cops protest in support of "professional priviledge"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'd agree with you ... to a point. Do I believe these protesting pseudocops are representative of most cops? Absolutely not. I do think the ratio is higher than most people would like to admit.. but no, I couldn't even come close to saying most cops are like this and have it be true.

But.

That's not the end of the story. Part of enforcing the law evenly... means enforcing the law on all... even if it means arresting another officer. This can't be ignored... it's a major part of the problem.

Every officer that is aware of laws broken by their fellow officers... and does nothing... is not innocent. They aren't "good cops". They're enabling the atmosphere that leads to supposed officers of the law openly admitting to breaking the law.. and demanding we accept it. And as long as they are willing to look the other way... they are not fit to wear a badge. People who would exchange their integrity and silence... to be one of the boys... have no business in the profession.

That's my take on it anyway.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Resinveins because: typo free... starting now

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
After reading this thread i started to take a look around, i cant quite remember how i stumbled upon the site but i believe it gives a general idea of how these officers are thinking regarding this and other issues.

To register to the site linked to you must send in your badge id or an email with a pic but you can browse without membership.
Thee Rant

The way they are talking about the officer who brought these charges against them is sickening.

I must say it's slighty worrying, have a delve into some of the posts on that site. Some are reasonable but many are not.
edit on 9-11-2011 by TheBar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by TrueBrit

I'd agree with you ... to a point. Do I believe these protesting pseudocops are representative of most cops? Absolutely not. I do think the ratio is higher than most people would like to admit.. but no, I couldn't even come close to saying most cops are like this and have it be true.

Jolly good.

But.

That's not the end of the story. Part of enforcing the law evenly... means enforcing the law on all... even if it means arresting another officer. This can't be ignored... it's a major part of the problem.

Every officer that is aware of laws broken by their fellow officers... and does nothing... is not innocent.

I agree, and thats not what I was saying. What I was saying, is that the good cops are out there getting the job done (no matter if its another cop they have to do the work on or not) rather than becoming embroiled in some political debate, which is not thier job to do, and takes them off the beat, meaning that dirty or not, if the good fellows of the force DID get involved, they would be taken away from the places they are needed.

I quite agree that appeasement in general terms is an awful practice. It lead to the rise of the Nazis and thier foray into world domination after all , and if one cannot learn a lesson from that period of history , then a slap between the knackers might be in order!

It is vital that the law is applied to all people equally , else it loses all meaning and value.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBar

I have just read page one of the thread on Thee Rant. I am utterly aghast , although singularly unsuprised, at the attitude of the officers who have posted on the site. Seems to me that the posters appear to be mostly made up of guilty parties.

,My attitude to these dirty scumbags, is :

IF YOU DONT WANT TO BE INVESTIGATED, WIND YOUR DAMNED NECK IN AND GROW YOURSELF A MORAL FIBRE!

These men are supposed to be better than the people they arrest in terms of thier adherance to law, thier interest and protection of justice. Application of law, in equal measure to all people is a central factor of those things, and if they cannot accept that, they deserve every single night in jail, and every day on the dole that they get for ignoring the very pillars of thier occupation.

I hope each one of the guilty parties involved , and every blue wall supporting mobster on that awful messege board gets thiers , because they deserve it. They are no better than the criminals they are supposed to be fighting in the streets, bu they have more power. Awful , dreadful business.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBar

GREAT FIND, Thanks!

Randy Katakofsky is a HERO for exposing this.

Notice how they took down the original thread because (Im assuming from one guys current posts) they turned their vileness towards his family too, and thats showing them to be the P.O.S.'s that they really are.

The attitude taken by those police is just despicable. And the FACT no other LEO's will stand up for Det. Katakofsky shows where they stand. Their SILENCE IS DEAFENING.

You call Randy a rat, but your all PIGS.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I love the comment on that LEO forum where the guy says:

F' his family (the whistleblower's), what about all the families of cops who get fired from this...

YOU MEAN THE SAME FAMILY MEMBERS YOU MFr's hooked up and fixed tickets for. Damn these cops are stupid. Im saving all the pages and Im going to write an expose.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungBloodNews

Yeah I was reading that site the other day... you don't have to read between lines to guess at their thoughts... it's plain.. predominant... and sickening. If you can stomach reading all of it.. more power to you. You just never expect it to be so blatant I guess.. GL

edit on 9-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Interestingly what they are doing is shining light on the whole ticketing as a source of revenue policy governments have adopted. They claim it "is not a crime, it is a courtesy" and in business, bartender's are often afforded the professional privilege of extending courtesy to regular customers and buying them a drink, or your local butcher may use his privilege and extend you some professional courtesy and at a few extra ounces to that pound of beef. Police officers are not bartenders and butchers, nor are they agents of revenue raising for the city or town they work for. Their job is to enforce the law.

Which leads to my point; if you are being ticketed for some violation, that ticket is evidence that what ever it is you have done to merit the ticket is not a crime. Were it a crime, you would more than likely be arrested, or most assuredly be ticketed with no "professional courtesy" extended what-so-ever. A corrupt police officer might accept a bribe to turn their head to the crime, but such a thing is not "professional courtesy", it is corruption, and a crime itself. Wouldn't it be nice if police officers just extended this "professional courtesy" to everyone and stopped going into agreement with being revenue agents for the municipalities they work?

If I park my car in a way that undoubtedly obstructs your right to travel, this is not just some violation of a traffic ordinance, it is a denial and disparagement of your right to travel, and as such I have committed a crime. Not all traffic ordinances are merely means of revenue raising, but far too many are, and LEO's know this full well. Yet, some of them enforce this revenue raising so vehemently one would think they get a commission off of the tickets they dole out.

Ummm.......Some fine points Jean Paul......however.....I don't feel, want or need "policing"........in any form, shape or manner..........I'm a grownup........that means that I recognize and realize my responsibility to "police" myself....
Believe it or not.....up to this point I have never murdered, raped or maimed any other.....I have no plans or desire to do said, either........Matter of fact I try hard to find compassion for all beings.....large and small...
I am a sovereign individual, and I will never accept any other whose intent is to have a position of authority over me. I am the author of my own response to interaction and interaction initiation to incidence, therefore, I retain ultimate responsibility for my behavior.............I will never relegate this to any other, neither government "official", or corporate enforcer...........I will however.....defend and protect my "rights" with certain other of my "rights"........

YouSir

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Thee Rant is now making jokes about disrupting the wake of Randy Katakofsky if he ever got killed or commited suicide.

People always say the police are only human, well the only problem seems to be that they have let in the worst of humanity and they are now giving all police a bad name. Something must have gone wrong here for so many officers to feel they should be allowed to operate above the law.

Maybe it is some sort of culture within this one police department and one can only hope that others are not infected with this sort of mentality. The fact that the thread in question is the most active on the board must raise some eyebrows.

I feel sorry for Mr. Katakofsky beliving he was doing the right thing and now the centre of such hatred.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The NYPD has been a criminal organization, who think they are above the law for as long as i can remember.
Whats good for them isn't good for anybody outside of their club.

Having had NYPD as family members and friends. their conception of whats right and wrong is really twisted.

Laws do not apply to them, so they think.

They work hand and hand with organized crime do all kinds of favors for the right people to further their own agenda and see this as good business.

Of course they are defending the 6 that got caught. they all do the same thing day in day out, and like any criminal organization you protect your own at all cost to protect your interests to survive.

Its really sad when the people who are supposed to protect and serve only protect and serve themselves and who's pockets they are in and not the people they were hired too.

I guess criminals can protest too, they are still protected by the same rights the rest of us are afforded. even thought they believe they have more rights then the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
What I was saying, is that the good cops are out there getting the job done (no matter if its another cop they have to do the work on or not) rather than becoming embroiled in some political debate, which is not thier job to do, and takes them off the beat, meaning that dirty or not, if the good fellows of the force DID get involved, they would be taken away from the places they are needed.

Takes them away from where they are needed?
WTF?
They are PAID to enforce the law, and sworn to protect the public.
They are NEEDED to enforce badge and gun carrying criminals alot more than writing a damn speeding ticket!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away!

The point is cops dont do much on the 'protection' front, but they do the investigating after you've been murder, raped, robbed, etc. Hence the beauty of 2a. If you look to others to protect you and yours than your a wishful fool.
But hey they can write one hell of a ticket.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel
And, after all that they could get TPTB to declare martial law...for the public good, of course.

Martial law HAS been declaired against the people for DECADES!!!
The police see non police as the enemy.
Why do you think they use military rank? Sgt, Lieutenant, Commander etc.
Why do you think they sneeringly refer to non-police as Civilians?

They can't stand non-cops. They want you to just shut up and sign whatever ticket they wrote you so they can make or exceed their quota.

They hate dealing with them and think they are lower life forms that they are required to endure because these lower life forms actually 'work' and pay the taxes that fund their salary and the military calibre weapons that are needed to disarm the same lower life forms and keep them in their place which is under the policemans booted foot.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This one I agree with the anger. I saw the video of them on the thread the other day about this same thing.

I'd imagine somebody linked it by now, but if not just search on the same topic.

Truly bad for the majority of Cops out there who are not like this. I don't think it helps their Mayor won't let them deal with the violent protestors and the Rikers releases who took over the private park. They have to sit and watch crime in front of their faces and can't do anything. Sad for the victims of the so-called protestors also. What a mess. Lots of innocents being hurt by the thugs and the Cops can't do anything to protect them.

We reap what we sow it seems. Don't know which makes me angrier, this or the punks who started their crime spree the last few days.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Are you being obtuse deliberately , or did you just fail to read the following post I made? I specifically said that all persons should be treated equally under the law, that includes police officers. I agree that police officers ought to be as prone to arrest when breaking the law as the next person.

However, what I AM saying is that good cops have no remit to involve themselves in a political dispute. You can tell the ones who are dirty, because they are the ones protesting that they ought to have priviledge of some sort based on the fact that they are serving members of the force.

The good cops, as I stated, are not wasting time they should be using to catch criminals, by sticking thier heads into the political discussion being had on the issue. Rather than speaking out, they are busy getting to grips with real police work, rather than trying to going all west wing about things.

The good guys, like this Randy fellow, are getting the job done, no matter the personal and proffessional risk to themselves, and I think thats laudable. Now, do you understand my position?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Although I do not sympathise with shady cops , I must ask a question here. Ok so there are five hundred cops protesting in a most morally retarded manner, but how many cops are there in the department that these officers come from? How many in that district. How many in that state.

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF COPS DO THESE GUYS REPRESENT?

Unless we can say for sure that these guys represent all or the majority, cop bashing is foolish. When/if it is proven that most cops think like trash, by all means bash away, but dont let loose till the facts are out.

Usually I would agree with you wholeheartedly, but here I can not. History has shown that in any large group, in this case about 40,000; for every individual willing to stand up and be heard, there are, conservatively 15-20 behind them that feel the same but remain silent. That would mean that 7,500-10,000 of the NYPD feel that they should be privileged above the citizens they are sworn to serve and protect.

IMO, even if these numbers are grossly exaggerated, it is still reprehensible that a "police culture" exists that allows any officer to believe that they are above the law.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Every officer that is aware of laws broken by their fellow officers... and does nothing... is not innocent. They aren't "good cops". They're enabling the atmosphere that leads to supposed officers of the law openly admitting to breaking the law.. and demanding we accept it. And as long as they are willing to look the other way... they are not fit to wear a badge. People who would exchange their integrity and silence... to be one of the boys... have no business in the profession.

I believe that the term you are looking for here is "aiding and abetting", is it not?

Emphasis is my own.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not directly related to the topic but we're seeing another high profile instance of a good cop being assaulted by more bad cops for doing her job in this:

Over the weekend, Miami City Commissioner-turned-trooper Joe Sanchez left his Miami home and later discovered his patrol car had human excrement all over the windshield and the side of the car. It appeared to have come from a Port-O-Potty.

“I think it’s just some disgruntled employees of other agencies, hopefully it’s not the City of Miami, I don’t know,” said Trooper Smith, adding that the incident is still under investigation.
Link

This stems from the cop being pulled over for speeding 120mph on his way to a second job. The Highway Patrol and the Police are handling this in a very adult and mature way.

Just another isolated incident involving two entire departments.

The good cops, if their are any, dont have it easy it seems. You'd think if they truly outnumbered the bad ones they wouldnt have to fear retaliation as they do. You'd think their police union would step up and support them rather than attack them.
edit on 10-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBar
Maybe it is some sort of culture within this one police department and one can only hope that others are not infected with this sort of mentality. The fact that the thread in question is the most active on the board must raise some eyebrows.

I feel sorry for Mr. Katakofsky beliving he was doing the right thing and now the centre of such hatred.

Unfortunately, this is a common culture among Police Departments in the US, I don't know about elsewhere. IMO, the thread is terrifying, Detective Kakofsky needs protection for himself and his family, but he won't get it.

I am afraid that soon we will here if their deaths by "suicide or accident".

I just hope that this honorable Detective can retain his moral fiber and honor.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Are you being obtuse deliberately , or did you just fail to read the following post I made? I specifically said that all persons should be treated equally under the law, that includes police officers. I agree that police officers ought to be as prone to arrest when breaking the law as the next person.

However, what I AM saying is that good cops have no remit to involve themselves in a political dispute. You can tell the ones who are dirty, because they are the ones protesting that they ought to have priviledge of some sort based on the fact that they are serving members of the force.

The good cops, as I stated, are not wasting time they should be using to catch criminals, by sticking thier heads into the political discussion being had on the issue. Rather than speaking out, they are busy getting to grips with real police work, rather than trying to going all west wing about things.

The good guys, like this Randy fellow, are getting the job done, no matter the personal and proffessional risk to themselves, and I think thats laudable. Now, do you understand my position?

I re read your post and appologize for missing the context.
I was reading fast, and my blood was hot, and totally missed the context of your statement.
I see the context now, and realize my post was innacurate regarding your post.

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

The good cops, if their are any, dont have it easy it seems. You'd think if they truly outnumbered the bad ones they wouldnt have to fear retaliation as they do. You'd think their police union would step up and support them rather than attack them.
edit on 10-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

The problem is that the police union does not care about the integrity of the Police force. They care about union dues, and avoiding legal backlash that costs them dollars.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$unions$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

BTW... Why the hell do you need a union for government jobs? That's an entirely separate thread in itself.

Cops join force knowing full well they are paid to uphold and enforce the law equally.
Once hired they see crooked cops breaking the law.
' They accept it, and keep quite for fear of retaliation etc..
Bull s**T!

So they instantly become fearful and allow crimes to happen by their co workers?
I am not buying that crap for a second.
They LOVE their own little slice fo power SOOOOOmuch they won't risk it over some citizen's rights being violated.. I mean he probably derserved it right?

Losers with badges, thugs with guns riding high horses that place them above us lowly citizens

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join