500 off-duty cops protest in support of "professional priviledge"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Its definitely time to bust that protest with a few thousand citizen riot police with full armor, rubber bullets, tazers, sound cannons, flash bangs, tear gas, motorcycles, horses, dogs, billy clubs, and pepper spray.

We will corral them into a "permitted safe zone" then one of our undercover provocateurs with a beer belly and flat top buzz cut who looks just like them will throw a rock at one of our fully armored citizens, which will make all of our lives feel in danger thus letting us incite the mayhem.

After that we will get the professional privilege of not getting in trouble.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
So, is it a case that most cops are good, and most OWS protesters are good, and that they truly get spoiled by a few bad apples, or is it that most cops are bad, and most OWS protesters are bad and support bad behavior? You can't have it both ways if you apply the same logic across the board.

I havent been following OWS at all so take my comment with a grain of salt.

The difference I see here is that the NYPD and the PBA (of which is entirely corrupt based on this investigation) is a close-knit operating organization. The PBA went so far as to send out messages to its members asking them to protest.

OWS is just a haphazard bunch of angsty people.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It's "officers" like these we all despise and knew existed throughout the US. If there are 500 in NY, imagine how many more officers share the same sentiment elsewhere

This is not so unbelievable....it's insane

ETA:
SnF OP
edit on 11/9/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If I were in the position to, I would "write them up". And if another 2000 protested because of that, I would "write them up" too. Let them spin my actions anyway they want. I'm not punishing them for expressing their opinion on something, it is their right. I'm punishing them for shaming the NYPD. I'm punishing them for creating and fostering an image in the public eye that "Yes, we are above the law. Deal with it."

Unfortunately, I'd imagine that in order to be in such a position of power, I would have had to be in league with those who are corrupt. And I'd never "go against the family".

There's no way to fix this. Unless you're one of those "hacker" groups that feels something like this is worth your attention, and some financial documents suddenly seem different.

In other words, the only way to fix crime is through crime. Maybe I have what it takes to lead the NYPD.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
funny, I made this same exact thread weeks ago and it was closed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still gave s & f .
edit on 9-11-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

Your thread was a dupe. This thread includes new info.

Peace out.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
True story:

Last year I applied to be a LEO in my county. There was an intelligence test to take as the first step, showed up and took the test with 50 others, only myself and 4 people passed. Afterwards (when those who failed had left), the Lt. there joked about how the test was a new tool (implemented a year prior) to evaluate potential applicants. He said, just for fun, he made 20 of the CURRENT deputies take it who got in the dept before it was used. Well, guess what, out of the 20 ONLY 1 PASSED!!!!!!!!!! That was shocking.

And no I never got the job, the Sheriff ended up saying months later they had no $$$$ for new hires...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub
Its definitely time to bust that protest with a few thousand citizen riot police with full armor, rubber bullets, tazers, sound cannons, flash bangs, tear gas, motorcycles, horses, dogs, billy clubs, and pepper spray.

We will corral them into a "permitted safe zone" then one of our undercover provocateurs with a beer belly and flat top buzz cut who looks just like them will throw a rock at one of our fully armored citizens, which will make all of our lives feel in danger thus letting us incite the mayhem.

After that we will get the professional privilege of not getting in trouble.

Right!
And, after all that they could get TPTB to declare martial law...for the public good, of course.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Actually that's one of the questions I've been trying to get answered. What do honest cops feel about this? Why have they not spoken up? I'd be pissed as hell if I was an honest member of the NYPD. And noisy.

But apparently none care to speak up. Not much I can do about that.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Gotta love the solidarity of the unions. You won't hear anything. Unions stick together, and a police union is no different than the UAW or teacher's union.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's funny how these cops complain about the Occupy protesters, yet they go and do the same thing. What should have happened is they should have been lit up with rubber bullets and gas thrown into their crowd, that way they could face the very consequences THEY bestow upon people for exercising their amendments....yep.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The 500 are just saying that they are above the law and need special rights that don't apply to the rest of us. It appears that these law enforcement officers believe they are above the law and can dispense justice. The problem is that if you are not "one of them" or under the protection of one of them you get the hammer thrown at you while someone who is in the "click" gets over. It is not too hard to see the potential abuse that does occur.

Too bad ATS doesn't have someone who can go video tape the 500 protestors so they can be singled out when the use their position to skirt the courts and law.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungBloodNews
True story:

Last year I applied to be a LEO in my county. There was an intelligence test to take as the first step, showed up and took the test with 50 others, only myself and 4 people passed. Afterwards (when those who failed had left), the Lt. there joked about how the test was a new tool (implemented a year prior) to evaluate potential applicants. He said, just for fun, he made 20 of the CURRENT deputies take it who got in the dept before it was used. Well, guess what, out of the 20 ONLY 1 PASSED!!!!!!!!!! That was shocking.

And no I never got the job, the Sheriff ended up saying months later they had no $$$$ for new hires...

I did the same thing in West Virginia in 1988. They told me I was too smart. That I would make the other officers feel dumb and they would not back me if I was a cop. So entrance denied.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

I wonder if they have the "police present" armed to the teeth in riot gear?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
These entitled little scumbags ought to be taken out the back and shot in the head in my humble opinion. You should not join a police force in any nation, if the reason you are doing so is to uphold your own freedom above that of others.

The only good reason to join a law enforcement organisation, is if your sense of justice is larger than your self interest, if your desire to protect the innocent from the predetation of the guilty outweighs your concern for your own saftey, and if you are prepared to go to war with evil so that others may live in peace.

If your interest in law enforcement lay outside of these basic principles, if you expect , let alone dare to demand preferential treatment from the law based on your service, then you shouldnt be doing the job at all. Anything other than superhero standards of selflessness and love of justice are unacceptable, and represent a failiure at either the level of the individual officer, or the department itself.

I hope each of these protesting officers is made to be bloody well ashamed of themselves.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

What the hell is this..? Occupy Bronx..?

Well, these officers are now part of the 1%...they probably thought that demographic was static - oops.

In most nations the experienced collapse the police and mililtary kept their jobs to
protect the crooks from the citizens.

I suspect it will be much the same here in the US and the cops that are let go are the ones
that have shown personality traits that might have them in the side of the citizens.

As the cops profile the public, the cops get profiled by their "owners".

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So where are all of the good cops decrying this behavior?

And on a closer note, where are all of the police sympathizers that show up on every LEO thread claiming there are only a few bad apples? I would like to here their opinion on this.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

They're sitting silent believing their silence still ranks them as "good." Sort of how not telling the whole story isnt the same thing as a lie it's just an omission.

And on a closer note, where are all of the police sympathizers that show up on every LEO thread claiming there are only a few bad apples? I would like to here their opinion on this.

Wondering that myself. I expected at least one by now. Maybe they're standing in solidarity or off to emergency PBA union meetings to figure out how to fix the unions wholly battered image?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
having known quite a few officers during my lifetime its been my experience that this behavior is the rule and not the exception among police. I too thought it'd be poetic justice to see a few of these criminal supporters getting bean bagged and tear gassed by the riot squad. I guess its just par for the double standard course. another "professional courtesy" that us normal citizens arent to be afforded.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I would have thought that the good cops are doing what they ought to be doing. That would be going out and catching criminals, keeping people safe from outrageous circumstances, and presenting a fair face for justice in thier communities.

There is something else to mention here. It is not the responsibility of police officers to get involved in political disputes. It is actualy a keystone of police forces everywhere that they do not become involved in these matters. You can usually tell the dirty ones by how deep they get into political matters, even ones affecting thier own work.

The worthy ones just patrol, chase, cuff, book repeat.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler

Although I do not sympathise with shady cops , I must ask a question here. Ok so there are five hundred cops protesting in a most morally retarded manner, but how many cops are there in the department that these officers come from? How many in that district. How many in that state.

WHAT PERCENTAGE OF COPS DO THESE GUYS REPRESENT?

Unless we can say for sure that these guys represent all or the majority, cop bashing is foolish. When/if it is proven that most cops think like trash, by all means bash away, but dont let loose till the facts are out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join