It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuke dispute: Report raises vocal tsunami

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Like I said, we are not hearing the truth about Iran, I dont know the truth is but check it out. Somebody really wants me to think Iranians are bad guys. Somebody wants me to think Israel stole their land fair and square. Somebody wants me to think its ok for Israel to nuke Iran but not ok for Iran to nuke Israel.....Nope , sorry, I'm not buyin any of that crap

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th

Its something quite different when the people behind that bomb advocate wiping Israel off the map.

That comment has been proven wrong so many times that I have to wonder why people still quote it like it's true..
Is it that you just like telling lies?

How about you do some research on youtube as well as media sources online, including PressTV coverage where they have Ahmadenijad himself making the claim. This is the same example we can use about Ahmadenijad and the holocaust denial. People scream up and down he never made those comments while again ignoring the evidence available where its come straight from Ahmadenijads mouth.

The comment Ahmadenijad made, and the manner that comment was translated and posted, was not a mistake. How do we know this? Because the IRIB was the origionating source of that statement.

For those not familiar the IRIB is the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, which is state controlled media like Presstv out of Iran.

I fail to understand how the comment was nothing but a lie when his own state controlled media were the ones who not only posted it, but did the translation of the speech into English as well.

Every single time Ahmadenijad was asked about that comment during his New York visit was met with a vague response that ignored the question. Even after being pressed for a yes or no answer from Ahmadenijad, he still obfuscated and kept talking about if Palestinian wants Zionist / jews living in their state, it would be up to the palestinians.

Even that comment echos the accusations made about wiping Israel off the map. What they are doing, which conincidentally others do on this site, is to play the word game.

If he never made the comment, then why does he refuse to clarify his statement with a simple Yes, I said that, or No, I never said that.

If he cant even give a straight answer for ye or no, then why should he be taken at face value their nuke program is peaceful?

Some friendly advice so take what you will from it -

If you are going to challenge facts and call me a liar at the same time, you could at least extend the courtesy of providing information to support your claim. Simply saying no and calling me a liar while producing nothing to support the claim is a tactic Ahmadenijad would use. I expect better from you.

Respectuflly.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
Like I said, we are not hearing the truth about Iran, I dont know the truth is but check it out.

So where do we find the truth, and while looking for that truth do we concede the point when a nuke hits Israel?

Somebody really wants me to think Iranians are bad guys.

The Ianian government and clerics are the bad guys. The Iranian people have a rich and cultured past and should be proud of their contributions to civilization.

Somebody wants me to think Israel stole their land fair and square. Somebody wants me to think its ok for Israel to nuke Iran but not ok for Iran to nuke Israel.....Nope , sorry, I'm not buyin any of that crap

Not sure who is trying to convice you of what but let ma ask you this. If you state in your opening paragraph:

Like I said, we are not hearing the truth about Iran, I dont know the truth is but check it out.

Then how can you say you arent buying it? I took that comment as an excuse for Iraniann actions while there is completel dismissal for the Israeli side.

Is that what you meant or did I miss the point? (not trying to be an ass btw however I think I might have missed your point or taken it the wrong way).

Thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
We should invade Iran, take their oil, and camels. Maybe rugs also

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

instead of taking all the time to line out that last reply you could have went to my original post. it states my view. My view, mine.now i am making another, YOU dont have to like my view.Have a good night

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

If you are going to challenge facts and call me a liar at the same time, you could at least extend the courtesy of providing information to support your claim. Simply saying no and calling me a liar while producing nothing to support the claim is a tactic Ahmadenijad would use. I expect better from you.

There's been countless threads regarding this..
I don't think posting anything will alter your opinion.
You will believe what suits you or Israel maybe..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I really feel this is the beginning of the Gog-Magog war.

To see how closely Russia and Iran line up, its almost like clockwork, right on schedule! Raises the hair on my neck a little but noone who reads the Bible should be too surprised!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

instead of taking all the time to line out that last reply you could have went to my original post. it states my view. My view, mine.now i am making another, YOU dont have to like my view.Have a good night

I read your posts.
I responded to your posts.
You responded to my responses.

I took your position and raised questions about it.

I dindt realize you wanted me to take it at face value and adopt your view without comment or response. Feel free to come back and join us whenever and keep in mind this is nothing but a forum where we debate ideas amongst each other.

Never be afraid to acccept more than one possibility or viewpoint.

Respects

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ipleadthe5th
There's been countless threads regarding this..

Yes there are, and none of those threads resolved the situation.

Originally posted by OldCorp
I don't think posting anything will alter your opinion.

So you are going to ignore the offical Iranian new media, which are the ones who translated Ahmadenijads words which stated wipe them off the map?

Originally posted by OldCorp
You will believe what suits you or Israel maybe..

Pot - meet kettle.

As a side note I love how people who are presented with facts that dont support their position resort to accusing the perosn of somehow being in cahoots with israel. Seriously, you can do better than that.

Please explain why the IRIB posted Ahmadenijads speech along with the wipe israel off the map portion? Are you suggesting the IRIB is controlled by Mossad or the CIA?

Its not difficult for Ahmadenijad to answer the question with either yes or no..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Yes there are, and none of those threads resolved the situation.

You say it was never resolved and yet next you call them facts.

As a side note I love how people who are presented with facts that dont support their position resort to accusing the perosn of somehow being in cahoots with israel. Seriously, you can do better than that.

Like I said, more opinion that actual facts..
You will stick to your translation and me mine..
Therefore it isn't really factual and should be noted as such..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Actually thought for once I would research this, the article from the new york times that contains the wipe of the mark statement is:

"Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world"

Now most of this comes from wiki by the way, I cannot speak Arabic hell I am Scottish and I struggle with English most of the time. Wiki article is here (ok ok it is Wiki I know).

Now the Translation controversy comes from:

'an English idiom which means to "cause a place to stop existing",or to "obliterate totally",or "destroy completely"' now the Islamic Republic News Agency says that the translation should be:

"Our dear Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time. and this was a very wise statement. We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front. This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world. Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime. I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world"

I hate to say it but no matter which way you look at it, the quote sounds like a call to war, but it was not Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that said it originally but an Imam he was quoting which I guess means you would have to go to the source and look at the tone and body language in which it was given (a quiet tone with neutral body language would suggest it was a call for a political solution, a raised voice with arms in the air or aggressive body language would suggest something else).

It is one of those quotes that will go down in history as the west saying one thing and Iran saying another.

Anyway on topic, the language the report is using sounds very much like the language before Desert Storm II. I hope reason is used here and not blind hatred. The world is becoming a very dangerous place at the moment, I have a 16 week old Son and I want him to grow up and have a life.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Doesnt cut it . Im talking about photographic evidence taken from ground level by an actual agent, rather than some vauge satellite shot that proves absolutely nothing. Im talking about aquisition of hard , unquestionable proof,and that does not exist at this time.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Looks like it could very well go off soon.... there's a video on skynews website explaining why....

From skynews website:

An attack by Israel on Iran's nuclear programme has lurched from doomsday scenario closer to reality.
The change has been prompted by the publication of a report by the International Atomic Energy Authority which shows that Iran has been working on a nuclear weapon and the means to deliver it.

Although the Israeli cabinet has been split over whether it would authorise a unilateral attack on Iran, the IAEA report will immediately strengthen the case of the hawks.

Its publication has come after weeks of intelligence 'chatter' which has raised the spectre of an attack on Iran by Israel - and even the possibility that both the US and United Kingdom would be

news.sky.com...

I bet a few Countries will be monitoring the skies a lot mre than usual!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OK AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO BELIEVES THIS IS NONSENSE?! LISTEN IRAN CANT AND DOESN'T EVEN HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO BUILD A REGULAR MISSILE. HOW WOULD THEY ALL OF THE SUDDEN HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY TO BUILD A NUCLEAR WEAPON? HOW DO THEY HAVE TO POWER TO GET INSIDE THE ATOM AND GET TO THE NUCLEUS OR W/E. AND HOW WOULD THEY DELIVER THIS THING?

THIS IS ALL A SCARE TACTIC USED BY THE GOVERNMENT

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This is all fake...just another reason to start a war....sorry about caps in my pervous post. but this is nonsense. does anyone remember high school rumors?

edit on 15-11-2011 by fnovello because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Its a bad idea to attack Iran .The entire ME will be on fire.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join