It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Police Chief to resign IF.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
He can confirm that Iranians who drink alcohol and hang out with the opposite sex. LOL.

Tehran, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's top cop has offered to quit his job if anyone verifies the results of a recent survey that says 80% of Iranian students drink alcohol and have friendships with the opposite sex, the semi-official Iranian Labour News Agency reported.

"These findings have no basis and if such things are true, I will resign from my post," Ahmadi Moghadam said, according to ILNA.

Drinking alcohol and relations between men and women who are not related are forbidden in Iran and other conservative Muslim countries.

www.cnn.com...

Surely this doesn't sound like a threatening country to me..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So is he stupid or just the worlds most naive fool?

Either way, he should just go ahead and resign if he truly believes that people get drunk and have sex....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

So they are all inbred?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

relations between men and women who are not related are forbidden

I can find a lot wrong with this statement... but,

Just who does Iran think they are? Kentucky?

Before I get flamed, my apologies to all Kentuckians who are not inbred.

edit on 8-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
He can confirm that Iranians who drink alcohol and hang out with the opposite sex. LOL.

Tehran, Iran (CNN) -- Iran's top cop has offered to quit his job if anyone verifies the results of a recent survey that says 80% of Iranian students drink alcohol and have friendships with the opposite sex, the semi-official Iranian Labour News Agency reported.

"These findings have no basis and if such things are true, I will resign from my post," Ahmadi Moghadam said, according to ILNA.

Drinking alcohol and relations between men and women who are not related are forbidden in Iran and other conservative Muslim countries.

www.cnn.com...

Surely this doesn't sound like a threatening country to me..

So they can only have "relations" with family members? Ew, that is disgusting. Incest is just....ew. Our bible doesn't say we cannot drink, it says we cannot get drunk. There is a difference in drinking a couple beers and drinking a dozen beers and being unable to walk and being slovenly and indecent.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Ah, thank God you said Kentucky, incest would usually spark jokes about Arkansas.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think you guys are confusing the term "relations" as it pertains to the context of the story. It seems to me they mean relations as in friendship, not a sexual act. They are forbidden from having friendships or social interaction with members of the opposite sex who are not family members.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

But . . . but . . .

I thought Iran was the most accepting and free society in the Middle East?

This is obviously Zionist propaganda.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgdetroit

They are forbidden from having friendships or social interaction with members of the opposite sex who are not family members.
Are you trying to confuse me?

They are forbidden to have social interactions or friendships with members of the opposite sex who are not family members, so that would pretty much rule out sex too.... Right?

Before you start talking about marriage, I don't remember that being mentioned, BUT.... How does a courtship ensue if you can't interact with non-family members?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
All these nutjob Islamic Extremists need to be eradicated..why do these people still exist? They all live in the 13th century, logic is non-existant in that entire region and we should all just let them kill each other.

I've gotten to the point where I'm starting to support eugenics to an extent (in before NWO-elitist scumbag supporter). These people have no rationality and they are detrimental to the rest of society. Let's just get rid of them already.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by gsmith524

Wow, so your in favor of killing almost 1.5 billion people?

Classy.

Should we kill all the Christians then because priests can't keep in their pants? That's a detriment to society. Should we kill all the jews cause they just so happen to be prominent in the banking industry?

That's been detrimental to our society. Let's just go ahead and kill anybody who isn't JUST like us.

Crusade anybody? Methinks so.

Honestly though, sarcasm aside, painting that many people with such a wide brush is an ignorant person's perspective. And I mean that from the un-educated standpoint, not the insult one.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He meant relation in a non-sexual way...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Like the old saying "paddle faster, I hear banjo's"

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by gsmith524

Wow, so your in favor of killing almost 1.5 billion people?

Classy.

Should we kill all the Christians then because priests can't keep in their pants? That's a detriment to society. Should we kill all the jews cause they just so happen to be prominent in the banking industry?

That's been detrimental to our society. Let's just go ahead and kill anybody who isn't JUST like us.

Crusade anybody? Methinks so.

Honestly though, sarcasm aside, painting that many people with such a wide brush is an ignorant person's perspective. And I mean that from the un-educated standpoint, not the insult one.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Funny, I don't recall saying I support Christian extremism, or ANY religious extremism at all. I clearly stated Islamic EXTREMISM. When did I say we should kill 1.5 billion people? Of course you would assume I somehow defend Christianity and support the crusades that were unleashed hundreds of years ago, but you are far from the truth. I think all religious extremists should be isolated from the rest of society, on a remote island, and we should just let them all kill each other for their own psychotic delusional beliefs. All 3 of the major religions are corrupted and full of extremists. Zionists and Muslims are both trying to take over the world, but Islamic fundamentalists have proven time and time again (at least in today's age) to take the most extreme, violent, and erratic behavior against people that weren't of their same religion. Assuming makes an ass out of you and me.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Ahh but you're assuming courtship is a prerequisite to marriage

Many traditionalists in Iran still adhere to the institution of arranged marriage, which almost entirely circumvents the whole courtship issue.

I do see what you're saying though, it is kind of a paradox. I was really just intending to point out the contextual meaning of the word "relations" as it pertained to the OP's article

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I do think that it is best to understand another's culture before criticising it, for only through knowledge can insights be gained better to make a judgement, or just to simply compare.

Iranians have religious beliefs that differs from westerners. That belief had been accepted by their society for centuries, with very much tradiations built over it which gave comfort to each succeeding generation, for good or for worse.

This generation has seen the world came closer with connectivity never before. It had given many the opportunity to look over their neighbours yard, and the grass always seem greener. The liberal permissiveness of the west attracts many of the young from strict eastern religious upbringing, and dismays many an older elder, whom had grown comfortable with traditions he/she grew up with, and thus conflicts within those societies.

The grass seems greener to the easterners, but still, liberal permissiveness had not been entirely embraced in the west. Since the 18th Century, those youths embrace it and was frowned upon by traditional elders, till these youths grew up and realized that such liberal permissiveness led to social issues for those whom dabbled in excess of it. Drink driving is just one effect. Out of wedlock unwanted babies another. I can list on and on.

I am not against liberal permissiveness. Humanity needs such interactions in order to progress and learn. Only the excesses of it and indulgences need to be limited before it destroys oneself.

Our elders were once youths like us before, and had experimented on it, just as our ancient ancestors were youths once too and did the same. They were aware of its pitfalls, and thus such avoidance were built into traditions and cultures, so that the naive young may not be hurt, for which parent does not love his/her own child and want the child harmed?

However, youths in Iran or the West may not see it in this light, and would readily condemn other societies for practising such 'outdated traditions', when within their own homes, it is already practised equally in these time and age, and will be into the future as well when the youths of today become parents and elders of tomorrow.

Thus, in actual fact, Iranians or Americans, East or West, we aren't much different deep down where our concerns lay. We all love freedom, but over time, we will realize that such power Freedom is comes with responsibilities to others and not to be misused. It is only a societal thing, not just a religious issue.

top topics

join