It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare 3 First Impressions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The 12 person multiplay is a bit of a let down for me, it's 2011 and there should be 64 player mayhem.

But the rest is great fun I love the single play campaign and
the special op missions. I have'nt found any zombies yet though

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by weirdguy

No zombies this time around, that is a Treyarch trademark. Now they have Spec Ops Survival(Similar to zombies except the enemy comes in waves with guns). And I have to disagree on the 64 multiplayer for MW3. Not only is the infrastructure not there for that many players on consoles, but COD has never been about large scale battles, its always been about gun on gun combat on medium sized maps.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well, what to say. I'm a CoD fan going back to the original. I'm also a Battlefield fan going back to 1942 (ignoring bad company).

This was exactly what I expected in a CoD title. Intense and fast single player (one sitting to complete, seriously) in which you feel like Bruce Willis in Die Hard or some other action hero as you are just mowing people down like crazy.

Short isn't even the right word, but it ties up the story and gives you a good finish at the end.

BUT....

This should have been a 30$ map pack bundle. Sorry, dated graphics, same engine, same bugs, not much new besides a few new online modes.

The spec ops and survival are fun, I prefer them over the other spec ops in the older titles, and survival is a nice change from the standard zombie maps.

I just can't see how this game is getting such high scores, it really doesn't deserve that high of a score for me. I can't speak for the online modes yet, but I'll probably grab the ps3 copy after x-mas.

So far for me, going from single player CoD and single + online BF3, I'll be spending my time in BF3.

CoD is all about "lone wolf" gameplay, even on the team based modes, it's about ME ME ME screw my team look at my Kill to Death ratio!!! Air strike FTW!!!!11!.

where as BF3 is tactical team based, even on death match. Just can't complete. Then you add in the vehicles and map sizes, yeah, I don't care if it's limited to 24 people on the consoles, it can handle it fine. CoD MW2 had issues online with a handful of players, I can online imagine online with 64.

And I have fully ranked up in MAG which has modes with 256 players, so I know all about too many players and extreme lag.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

My tournament experience and 6.57 win ratio says otherwise.

Most people think COD is all about TDM and w/e but they have no idea how much team-play changes the fundamentals of the game.

Search & Destroy is a gametype that's pretty much the COD version of Counter-Strike and is quite frankly the most defining gametype of the game. And its very tactical in a micro scale.

In BF, you have to focus more on the macro scale due to the way the game is designed. Which is not bad, but its not exactly what you call a tournament game. Which is not bad either.

In COD, manipulating individuals and their mentalities is much more a part of the game than simply 'lone-wolfing it'. And if it was true that COD was about lone wolfing, I wouldn't have win-streaks that go up to 50+ :/. I owe it to my friends, and while that can be also said for BF, my point is that team-play in COD fundamentally changes the way the game truly is.

I used to hate COD till I looked into competitive play. Regardless of anyones opinion, COD has TONS of tactical value. It's just extremely fast paced.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Thank you for that. A lot of people can't get used to the pace of the game. And yeah, S&D is THE mode for me. Very tactical and a blast to play.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join