It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Warfare 3 First Impressions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i made a thread for battlefield 3 and met some cool people so i'm wondering how many atsers are interested in the call of duty series.

the most common gripe i hear is that the game is too similar to the last modern warfare, or that it seems like dlc for MW2. although i can already tell there are many gameplay similarities, there definitely seem to be enough new things to make this game worthwhile. i'd prefer they not mess too much with a good thing, anyway.

it will be interesting to see if there are any crazy surprises in the campaign.

anybody else getting MW3 today?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

Yes another X-mas list. So I won't be online til after x-mas, but yeah, BF3 and MW3 are both on my list. I'm hoping, PRAYING, that activision or treyarch (whoever did this one) fixed the issues with MW2 online. From what I gather, this is on the MW2 engine, not black ops, and MW2 was bugged to hell online, glitches, hacks, lag, it was a mess most of the time.

I expect fantastic single player and the same tested twitch fest online matches. When I feel like playing tactically (not run and gunning or camping) i'll be playing BF3.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

I'm not getting it today, but eventually. I tend to like COD better than Battlefield. B3 is very realistic, with gravity taking effect on long range shots, but I gotta have my hardcore mode. Tired of shooting people in the head three times and still getting killed. Know what I mean?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hey pbw- saw you online the other night! we will have to connect for sure after xmas!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
i made a thread for battlefield 3 and met some cool people so i'm wondering how many atsers are interested in the call of duty series.

the most common gripe i hear is that the game is too similar to the last modern warfare, or that it seems like dlc for MW2. although i can already tell there are many gameplay similarities, there definitely seem to be enough new things to make this game worthwhile. i'd prefer they not mess too much with a good thing, anyway.

The people who originally created this game have moved on from Infinity Ward (IW) and made a new game company. The people who left, actually they were dismissed were the founders of IW. Once they were let go mid-way through production a new team took over.

This game is a shell of what it could of been, wait for Respawn Productions Team to release their shooter, their the original makes of this hit after all. Most of IW's staff left for that team when the two founders were dismissed.

People who follow this series and bought this instance of it will be disappointed, best to save your money.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderDeLarge

BF3 has hardcore matches online, you have to change your online filters to find them.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If all goes well I should be on tonight 10:30 PM EST...BADF1SH 54 46

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'll be picking it up on the way home from work today. I'll weigh in my opinion after a night of playing but I'm expecting a good game over all.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
From what i have seen of it it looks like a rip off.
In other words, they have created new maps for MW2....and then sold it on as a game.

So instead of paying £10 for the maps, you are paying £50 for the maps badged up as a whole new game.

I think these game companies are taking the biscuit to be honest...they are all at it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I stopped playing call of duty after COD4. Infinity ward screw over the PC gaming community by using dedicated servers on MW2. The graphics look the same as COD4, they just added some extra fetters and made the game easier. It all most fells as if the game is aiming for you. Then black opps came out and it looked the same as MW2. MW3 looks allot better but it still looks like the same kiddie game play. I used to play COD4 for hours every day, I all ways had top score no matter what gun I was using. R700 was my best friend. But after COD4 the game went down hill. COD4 was a big step in graphics when it came out. You dont see those big leaps any more, cause the game is all about money. I am not a fan boy I only judge games how I see them. I am starting to learn that all big game making corporations are in it for the money.

I will admit the story lines are grate. I would not pay more then $25 for it.
edit on 8-11-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer

Does anyone ever play Fight Night Champions?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

ha! believe me, i've followed this series. i never played the first game but i had COD2 at the xbox 360 launch and have played all of them since.

i know very well that the infinity ward team is splintered now, but i liked the treyarch call of duty games. i don't think that early IW are the only people who could make a fun COD game (COD3 and world at war, even black ops all have their charm). in fact, as i mentioned the biggest gripe people seem to have is that this game is too similar to modern warfare 2, which was made completely by IW.

for what i want to do this game is fun. perhaps you are more discerning but i don't have much to not like about this game. i think pound-for-pound i will end up preferring battlefield 3 just because of the style of gameplay, but COD is always good for what it does- and it does it well in MW3.

in issues of taste there are no disputes, i guess.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Really?!? For the PS3, B3 has hardcore mode?!?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

Ah-Ha.... I just found what you were saying. Its like I just got a brand new game home. Awesome. Thank you for opening my eyes. I didnt even see that option.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'd be interested in hearing how it is on the PC if anyone is playing it there. I played MW2 on the PC but eventually switched to BFBC2 after too many hackers in MW2. Not saying that BFBC2 didn't have them.. just that the combo of PB & server admins seemed to work better than MW2's system. That and I thought that running around like a monkey on crank with 2 shotguns was kinda lame in MW2.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am surprised the xbox 360 can still even run games.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just picked mine up 30 minutes ago for PS3. I hope you are right OP that it is very similiar to MW2 because that was one bad ass game. I am so pumped to start playing hopefully sometime tonight.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yes, bullet damage is increased and you have a limited HUD

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

I always felt the snap to nxt target cheapens any shooter.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Yes, bullet damage is increased and you have a limited HUD

I think this is why I always find myself going back to CSS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join