It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy to keep two black men from becoming "regular" Freemasons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I think the PC term was pointed in my direction at one point. I'm about as far from PC as one can get though. I loathe everything about that movement.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sorry for not being entirely clear...I was talking to Getreadyalready. However, I wasnt trying to attack him for using it; and if it seemed that way, I apologize. Definitely dont want to darken the atmosphere on this thread, because it has been informative and fun, actually.

Thanks to all posters!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
Sorry for not being entirely clear...I was talking to Getreadyalready. However, I wasnt trying to attack him for using it; and if it seemed that way, I apologize. Definitely dont want to darken the atmosphere on this thread, because it has been informative and fun, actually.

Thanks to all posters!

No no, I meant I think I was the one that was being accused of BEING politically correct. I believe it was Ready who said it. I'd have to go back and read though and I simply don't have the energy or inclination.

You're right though; it's been an informative thread. I've learned several things I had not known previously.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

Ya, it was me, but I wasn't accusing you of being that way, just viewing racism through those glasses. In my opinion, there are so many levels of it that we should be careful using the term "racist" and "Nazi" and others for those people that are truly hateful. Many people are just uncomfortable, or naive, or under-exposed, and they don't rise to the level of racist, in my opinion. I think the whole PC movement has broadened the scope so far that it can now be used as an attack on almost anyone, and it carries an extremely negative connotation.

Wasn't trying to accuse you of being part of that movement, just a victim of the propaganda and reclassification of certain terms.

Someone made the example earlier of crossing the street instead of walking past a black guy on a sidewalk. Is that really "racist?" It might be odd and silly and naive in most cases, but it might be prudent in other cases, but in no case does it indicate hateful behavior, just caution.
edit on 9-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Definitely dont want to darken the atmosphere on this thread, because it has been informative and fun, actually. !

I agree.

There are a good amount of Masons on this board that can give you honest and vaulable opinions on the Craft. The ones I enjoy conversing with the most are:

Joshsnoreton
    networkdud
    rockschmuck
    KYmason
    Saurass
    getlostalready
    Moroniclight

I left myself off because you will learn absolutely nothing from me except how to kill your liver.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Definitely dont want to darken the atmosphere on this thread, because it has been informative and fun, actually. !

I left myself off because you will learn absolutely nothing from me except how to kill your liver.

I'll drink to that.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

KYmason? HA! I'll take it! ROFL

Salute!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I see what you did there......

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There are a good amount of Masons on this board that can give you honest and vaulable opinions on the Craft. The ones I enjoy conversing with the most are:

Joshsnoreton
    networkdud
    rockschmuck
    KYmason
    Saurass
    getlostalready
    Moroniclight

Thanks a lot. I am sure I will get to meet some of those guys as I am always lurking around; Your freakin hilarious by the way!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I agree.

Joshsnoreton
    networkdud
    rockschmuck
    KYmason
    Saurass
    getlostalready
    Moroniclight

I'm too cool to be a part of the cool club
2nd line

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

If it helps, I did notice you were missing from the list!! I always like your Avatar!

Still, at least you were spared the shame of having your name butchered by AugustusDrinkuponus.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bushidomason

Actually I can't even remember the last time I saw you on here??

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bullshidomason

Yeah. Waaaaaaay to cool.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

It's because I think the term "racism" has been broadened so much these days that it includes just general rudeness and dislike. Racism should be confined for use in those truly hateful cases like the dragging deaths in Texas, or the stories I've heard about atrocities here back in the 30s and 40s.

"Racism", by definition, is any sort of judgement made on the basis of race alone. It does not have to involve hate. Take, for example, a lot of books from the 19th century that allude to the "inferior races", i.e., non-whites. The authors of these books did not necessarily hate non-whites, they just believed they were naturally superior to them. This is racism, because it uses the subject of race to make assumptions and judgements. We now know, from advancements in the field of biology, that such ideas have no basis in fact.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

That is true, but in that case we are all racists. It is impossible to not notice someones appearance, and it is impossible and irrational to not make some quick analysis of that appearance. It is a survival instinct. Color of skin, eye contact, uniform, posture, smell, etc., etc. Every living thing assesses risk moment by moment. We have to guess about what an approaching person's intentions are. Are they going to shake hands, hug, ask for money, totally ignore. Are they going to step right or left to avoid a collision. Are they going to stop me, etc., etc.

So, if we define racists as anybody who notices race and makes decisions based upon it, then we are all racists, and we all should be racists, because it is important to be able to make decisions based on available information and past experience.

The PC crowd can deny it all they want, but if a skinny thug with baggy pants, gold teeth, dreads, and shifty eyes walks into my convenient store, it is prudent to give him more attention than the accountant perusing the Time Magazine. We might be wrong, he might be a great kid, and the accountant might be a serial killer or child molestor, but previous experience and statistics tell us to assess the greatest or most likely risk first.

Now, I'll waffle a little bit. If 2 accountants come in with briefcases, 1 black and 1 white, it would be ridiculous to think the black one poses the greatest risk. They should be equal in all respects, so obviously race isn't the only factor, but then we look at comfort level. Some people might be more comfortable talking to one than the other and I think that is fine. By the broad definition it is still racist, but it is in no way hateful. A black kid from the city might be uncomfortable around a well-dressed white man. I've been called "po-po" many times by neighborhood kids, just because I was in slacks. An old white man might be more comfortable talking to another old white man. I don't see the harm.

And for the record, it goes both ways. I see no problem with profiling the white frat boys in their sports cars driving into known drug areas. They should be stopped and questioned. Its happened to me, and I didn't resent it at all. When a cop sees something that looks unusual, it is their job to investigate a little further. That is what we pay them for.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Presented without comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Down here in "snowbird" land of Sunny Florida, it is worse to be Canadian than black. The waitresses, cab drivers, bartenders all know that snowbirds don't tip well, but Canadians are considered the worst of the worst.

If you are an elderly white couple in a motorhome, don't expect stellar service from your waitress unless you tip up front, LOL!

I'm sure its different in NYC, and there is probably a safety issue, or just a plain old racist issue, but I thought I'd mention the tip aspect of getting served properly. A Taxi driver is going to grab the fare that he thinks will pay the best.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Should be noted even positive characteristics are forms of racism. I.E, Jews are always smart and good with money, blacks are naturally excellent at sports, and I'm sure you can think of others.

Point of fact, we had a football coach come under fire due to stating he's rather have a bunch of blacks on his team than whites.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Ahhhh, not really on topic, and it didn't sound right after re-reading.
edit on 10-11-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join