It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can spells heard on television affect the person watching?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I can admit to wondering the same ,so your not alone. Last weekend a friend of mine died of an drug/drink overdose, that night after going to bed I could`nt sleep, so I put on my tv, there was nothing worth watching on so i decided to watch a DVD I had been given and never watched called Paranormal activity1 , when it finished i was pretty tired so turned off the TV. I awoke a while later not sure how long as did`nt check the time when I turned of the tv. There was definitely a presence in my room, i could feel the chill on my arm, and that thick feeling of fur boding that comes with it, luckly My partner was in the room with me otherwise I think I would have been quite frightened as I seen ghosts while a child and remember the feelings that lasted for years after. So I think yes maybe putting yourself in a certain frame of mind can do things to you and bring things into your home.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I no longer have a television, I got rid of it due to subliminal subconscious programming being used. That being said I occasionally watch it when I'm at my mom's because her TV is on virtually all the time. If there were a dark occultic movie on with dark rituals and invoking of demons then I would not want to watch it because how do we know that as a watcher we are not being somehow subliminally initiated into the black spell? Entities are real, both light and dark, whose to say that energy being conjured can't somehow warp through the television and into our living rooms? Sounds crazy, yes, but how do we really know what the spirit limitations are to these entities and how do we know if these spells are real or not? I'd rather not take the chance. It's just better and more wise to not have ANYTHING to do with black magic and demonic invoking rituals at all, be it through the TV, movies or real life.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that these kinds of things are not limited by ordinary linear time and space, and that any spells or incantations or Ouija Board readings you see on TV cause an interaction between you and the people (and/or demons) involved no matter when they were first recorded or broadcast and when you watch them.

The most important thing with all of this stuff is the intention of the participants and that someone is perceiving and interacting with the process. It doesn't matter where or when the original event happened. In fact, I'm pretty sure that people in the future can actually help create an effect in the past by joining the experience at a later date.

It's hard to test, though. Obviously.

edit on 10-11-2011 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
ever since i could remember, every time i would be watching a show on t.v and the person would start summoning demons, or they would start chanting spells i would mute the t.v until they were done, in fear that somehow these spells and chantings coming through my tv speakers would actually manifest somehow in my house.

now my question is...is could this really happen? or am i being too paranoid?

You want the truth.

All language is a spell, ever heard of conversational hypnosis?
Ever heard something catchy off of television and find yourself repeating it?
Ever see something on TV that leaves an impression on you, that you find yourself remembering? a particular commercial, or music video?

Muting your television only prevents YOU from hearing it, if by curse of your logic it were true that it could manifest demons or whatever then there would be thousands if not hundreds of thousands of them all over the place from those who didn't mute their television, so you're in essence preventing the inevitable.

Your only guard is your own mind when it comes to anything.
Your fear puts you in vulnerable state, there's no need to fear anything of that sort.
Unless you aren't in control of yourself... but you are... aren't you?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Yes , hearing a spell on the TV can attract something if its near. Remember there are 1000s of people watching that program , however , if there is a demon (spirit) near you that hears the spell and knows your watching and listening to it ... you may have just earned your self a little friend.

However ,i am Christian and believe they can be taken care of rather quickly i hope through the name of my God

Im not going to lie ... i love paranormal shows lol!

I can tell i attracted something from watching all the paranormal shows , but it only shows up when i sleep (possibly my own paranoia) however its a long story and its not even really scary , just weird.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I'd like to hear your story even if it is just something weird happening. I too am a christian an have watched those kinds of shows and have had things happen also.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Sorry, but i'll be laughing like mad if i weren't at work. From all the replies, it seems that just 2 people have experience with summoning or at least they had read something on the subject, the other ones are simply too biased and had read too much horror stories.
From MY experience, summoning a demon/entity is one of the most knotty things you can do in magic; you need not only a big a** amount of materials, some of them very hard to get, but also a lot of willpower, concentration, and the most important, the intention of doing it. And no, there's absolutely no chance a demon will appear in your room if somebody is casting a spell on TV.
If i need to be paranoid about something in Tv is about the brainwashing some shows are, but demons? no way.

For other kind of spells... oh well, they do it pretty well debraining people just with subliminals. Why using something more complex and tricky? If you feel something "weird" after watching a show where a creepy guy is casting a "spell" (most of them are fake, btw), then you should go and ask for psychological help, that ammount of paranoia is not good. It's like believing the marshmellow guy from Ghostbusters is going to appear in your city just because you bought a pack of marshmellows and you didn't ate them all while watching the movie.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

ever since i could remember, every time i would be watching a show on t.v and the person would start summoning demons, or they would start chanting spells i would mute the t.v until they were done, in fear that somehow these spells and chantings coming through my tv speakers would actually manifest somehow in my house.

I know we are not supposed to give quick one-liners to answer questions here... But the only answer I can come up with is NO! If you make it happen yourself, that's a different story. But the TV isn't going to hurt you.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

This has got to be one of the most original questions I have read on ATS!

It sort of reminds me of holding my breath while passing a cemetary when I was younger, out of the fear a ghost would steal my breath!
I forgot about that superstition! I used to do that too when I was a kid. Totally forgot that until you said that. I would hold by breath going through tunnels also. Anyone remember the reason for holding breath through tunnels?

Honestly, if you have to worry about something like this, you need to change the channel! LOL, now that's a pun! You are channeling these demons by tuning in!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

This has got to be one of the most original questions I have read on ATS!

It sort of reminds me of holding my breath while passing a cemetary when I was younger, out of the fear a ghost would steal my breath!
I forgot about that superstition! I used to do that too when I was a kid. Totally forgot that until you said that. I would hold by breath going through tunnels also. Anyone remember the reason for holding breath through tunnels?

Honestly, if you have to worry about something like this, you need to change the channel! LOL, now that's a pun! You are channeling these demons by tuning in!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

In the first poltergeist the actors where led through real seances and most of them ended up dead. So yes they have before, but due to the repercussions hollywood tends to now only release info on exercising spirits.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join