It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saints Row: The Third

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Start with the Cherished Memories for anyone that has not seen them, probably enough to explain the game in themselves lol.

Saints Row Youtube Trailer Playlist

Comes out on the 15th

Webpage
Facebook
Twitter

Anyone else looking forward to this?

edit on 8/11/11 by Burnerz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
looks really good

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am very excited, but i am going to be busy with Skyrim!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
So whats the general concensus between mature gamers here on ATS?
I never played a SR game.
Is it just a bit of mild entertainment or some really worth sinking your teeth and time into?

Is it jsut stupid stories or are they quite complex adult stories?
Are there any completely mindblowing features???

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I have the second one, and i like being able to customize my character, and theres alot of side missions and such.

But the controls are so off for me, i havent really gotten that far into the game. I usually play it aftwr i beat another game, before i buy a new one, lol

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
about to get this on steam and then wait 5 days.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Consensus? hmm...well, I can only speak for myself.

Saints Row is -fun-. its very GTA, but with lots of sillyness here and there to do outside of the main quest. Its arguably a parody of GTA in some ways, but not in a rubber clown nose sort of way...they just focus more on the stuff you do when not doing the main quest.

So...if you require all your games to be overly serious in every instance, then you probably won't fully appreciate the game itself..but if you enjoy a bit of toungue in cheek while doing your thing, then its a cool game overall (car surfing for example...see how long you can stand and "surf" on a moving car...things like that)

I personally love how you can make your own character verses start as a single person...you can be a older english gentleman with a purple mohawk, or a young urban woman that talks like a gangster chick...totally open to any style you want to go with...hell, you can run around naked if you want to (and have your entire gang decked out in whatever costume you want for your gang...italian mafia look, or hookers and pimps.)

Is it worth it? sure...why not. its fun and will eat up many hours...I will wait for the price to drop, because I am gonna be busy in skyrim, but I will eventually pick it up.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is my 2011 most anticipated game. I really hope it's good. I loved the first two games. Having the initiation station to create the character early only made the wait worse. Thankfully I don't have to wait too much longer.

I always co-op with either my sister or my boyfriend so that makes it even better.

I'll have to watch the videos at home though haha. I never know what to expect.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
So whats the general concensus between mature gamers here on ATS?
I never played a SR game.
Is it just a bit of mild entertainment or some really worth sinking your teeth and time into?

Is it jsut stupid stories or are they quite complex adult stories?
Are there any completely mindblowing features???

Worth your time and definitely complex.

I didn't like the first Saints at first because I thought it was a GTA clone but then after the disappointment of GTA; SA and GTA IV, I gave Saints 1 and 2 another shot and loved them.

The third Saints game is pretty silly because the developers decided that instead of working up towards gaining money and items, this time they'd start off with the 3rd Street Saints as international celebrities with plenty of money so you can do crazy things as well as taking the humour and such from the first two and ramping it up with the addition of making it OTT as a counter balance to the GTA series getting way too serious.

I'm hesitant to say anything about the first two storylines in case you don't wanna have it spoiled but I've had SRTT on pre-order for months. Since Duke Nukem Forever's release, this game and WWE '12 were the two games I anticipated the most for the rest of the year.

Oh and anyone know the celeb voices this time?

Obviously Daniel Dae Kim reprises his role as Johnny Gat (can't have a Saints game without him) and Hulk Hogan voices the wrestler that hels you out but any word on other big names?

Forgot who replaced Eliza Dushku as Shaundi for this game but I definitely remember that I'd never heard of her before.
edit on 9/11/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Bumpedy bump to get a great and important game seen at the top of this forum instead of the stuff about those crappy RPG/FPS games that recently came out.

2nd just cause ATS feels that some one line posts aren't valuable.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
saint's row the third is my runner up for game of the year behind dark souls. yeah, it's that good!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

It was a really good game no doubt, but did you find it a bit empty at some points?

I also felt it stepped too far away from the gang feeling the previous two gave you.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i didn't really have any problems or downtime with it. i never played the first saints, and didn't get into 2 (however that was when it first came out and the thought of ANOTHER GTA clone offended me haha) but i will definitely give it another shot as many have told me saints 2 was better. if that's the case, holy ## ###

join