It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The View from OC, California, Nov 8th 2011

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by firepilot
Looks like cirrus from contrails..Did you check flightaware.com to identify any of those airliners?

Can that site check retro-actively to last Sunday? Or do you know any sites that do?

I would appreciate any sites that any of you can share that would allow me to check these flights from last Sunday in Canada.

You can look up retroactive activity for individual aircraft, but I do not think you can replay an ATC data feed, which is what you can look at in near real time.

There is also an app for some phones, that you can point the phone at an aircraft and identify what it is.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Thanks Uncinus and Aloysius the Gaul. I am home again and will try to make sense of those links while I devour this Chinese Food

I will get back to you all shortly.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Thanks, but I don't know the flight numbers so I would not know how to look them up. I have also heard of that app. Last I heard it costs money, I refuse to pay for an app

Are there any free ones? Sorry for all the questions, don't feel pressured to answer if you don't want to.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Thanks, but I don't know the flight numbers so I would not know how to look them up. I have also heard of that app. Last I heard it costs money, I refuse to pay for an app

Are there any free ones? Sorry for all the questions, don't feel pressured to answer if you don't want to.

Why would you refuse to pay for an app? People have to put their own skills and time into making it. We cant always have everything for free.

You can look at flightaware and have a real time feed, without flight numbers. You can look at a map and see aircraft overhead.

I am looking at planefinder.net right now, even see a 787 over Idaho!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
There are some very interesting big looping contrails south of Los Angeles right now. I'll post photos in a bit. If there anyone in the area, see if you can get a photo of the plane making the trails.

AHA, it's our old friend, VOODOO1:

flightaware.com... ivaltime=
edit on 8-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

I just stepped out looking up towards Long Beach & saw one.
Didn't bring my camera to work but it's there right now.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You refuse to pay for an app that migth identify chemtrailing planes??

How many $$'s is that App - 2, 3, 5. 10?

Is that really too much for this purpose??

One might be tempted to question how concerned you REALLY are if this is a problem for you!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

That site you sent me is great. I am right across the border from NY state and many flights are showing, just not in my area. They even show the ones that are way up north of me. I don't want to be premature on my findings so I will hold off on giving out any information yet. I want to get more familiar with the site.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Man made clouds from jet engines flying on their usual flight paths, the colder it is the more you see, I mean colder in the upper atmosphere 10,000, 20,000 feet and up....it doesn't mean every plane flying overhead is dropping stuff on us....they are disrupting the air as a natural function of the jet engine. I don't think Southwest or India air give a rat's arse about making it rain somewhere. I am not going to deny cloud seeding experiments...scientists and government do alot of hinky crap, but not with every single passenger jet around the whole world.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have searched this site, and they show tons of flights but they all seem to avoid my city.

Kingston Ontario.

Screw it I don't care if you know

Tell me what time of day I could have all those flights in the sky on November 3rd please please. If needed I can even probably supply directions such as North, South, East, West.

There is plenty of traffic near Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, NYC, and all the other North East hubs.

The pics range from around I was watching the sky from around 12:30 pm until sunset, sorry can't remember exactly what time it set that day.

Depending on what you all have to say I might have to upload more of the pics.

I don't want to derail the OP's thread though so it's up to them.

Sorry OP, I just realized we may be derailing your thread which is not my intention. Please tell me if you mind me posting this stuff or if you would prefer I create my own thread.

LOL the one time I talk nicely to the gaul I get ridiculed for being cheap

What a big meanie head.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Kingston Ontario.

The airport code for Kingston is CYGK.

Here it is, input into FlightAware:

flightaware.com...

And, the "Big Map": flightaware.com...

There is an approximately 6 to 7 minute lag from what is shown on the computer site, to the actual live view. It takes time for the information to be processed, apparently, before it is displayed.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thanks. I'm going to post all the pics with more information on a different site since the OP hasn't given me permission to hijack their thread.

I won't post the link in here so just check the forum later if you're interested. It shouldn't be too long.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Did it rain within 20-30 minutes of these trails appearing? Cloud seeding results in precipitation within this time. I'm guessing not, because, as you say, there isn't a cloud in the sky. Rain cannot be made from clear skies. What you have photographed cannot, therefore be cloud seeding.

It can however be, and is, contrails.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

OK....also, for what it's worth, for all:

I just checked flightradar24's site, in North America, in the Upper New York State/Kingston Ontario region. It shows significantly fewer airplanes than FlightAware, for the same region.

I think this adds to many who become confused.....always consider the source, in these cases. flgihtradar24 seems to be more accurate when viewing activity in Europe, than in the USA and Canada.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes, flightradar24 is very poor for US coverage, only shows around 5% of traffic. It has to do with the type of transponders in the plane.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Flightaware uses both ADSB and IFR flight pans to plot positions - if you check some flighs you'll see theyr position is given as "calculated" or "estimated" or something liek that - those are ones where the flight plan has been used.

flightradar is possibly more accurate for Europe because the the denser population meaning more sites picking up the ADSB data.

ADSB is not compulsory.....yet...., but it is slated to replace "normal" radar in Next Gen ATC systems, so will be almost universally compulsory by 2020 in the USA.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Bout to head off for work, and yes corruptionexposed you can hijack this thread with whatever info you have available, haha.

I still think it's all highly suspicious. I lived in the Bay Area for a very long time before moving to the East Coast and back again to SoCal, and I've seen some very weird stuff coast to coast.

The Bay Area in particular would sometimes have perfectly blue skies, and around 11:00am get bombarded with contrails / chemtrails / whatever, that would obliterate a lovely morning sky.

I'm talking 7 or more trails perfectly adjacent to each other in a row. I suppose it's likely to be SFO or SJC traffic, but it's a sight to behold for sure.

Sadly I'm no longer there to report it directly.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

The Bay Area in particular would sometimes have perfectly blue skies, and around 11:00am get bombarded with contrails / chemtrails / whatever, that would obliterate a lovely morning sky.

I'm talking 7 or more trails perfectly adjacent to each other in a row. I suppose it's likely to be SFO or SJC traffic, but it's a sight to behold for sure.

Same thing happend in Colorado in the 60s

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8743b016717.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa154f034865.jpg[/atsimg]

Source:
contrailscience.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

VOODOO1, reminds me of the F-101, back in the day!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join