It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google: Governments seek more about you than ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is a two week old story but I didnt find it in a ats search so here it is. The story explains graphically what countries and where in the countries are these Govt. requests coming from and going to.. In regards to requesion user information and or removing content etc. Below is a quote

A new report from Google shows a rise in government requests for user account data and content removal, including a request by one unnamed law enforcement agency to remove YouTube videos of police brutality--which the company refused.

The story goes on to say,

Some countries had large amounts of user data requests. The United States leads that pack, with 5,950 such requests pertaining to more than 11,000 users or accounts, and to which Google complied 93 percent of the time. That's up from about 4,600 requests in the second half of last year. Other countries seeking lots of user data were India (more than 1,700 requests involving more than 2,400 accounts), France, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Google says it complied most of the time in those cases, except in France.

These silent Governments, worldwide are on a mission against the people. Below is the link to the full story.

news.cnet.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think I saw the same article. They want to let us know of this data so that we have can have something to fight with. Yeah to Google!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"The United States leads that pack, with 5,950 such requests pertaining to more than 11,000 users or accounts"

Really ? that's it ? I would've imagined it would be alot more then that.

Way less then i had thought. Surley there some zero's missing and wut not ?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I would like to see the 757 they had removed.
FA says 5950 requests is up from 4600 in the second half of last year.
So the 5950 requests are from the first half of this year?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It can be interresting to know why others accounts are targeted to be shut downed / data mined.

I understand the outrage about asking to remove a police brutality video or stuff like that, thoses vids, blogs comments or so deserve to be shared.

Buts what about the subjects of the others " asked to remove " requests ? pedophillia, extreme racism groups, haters calling for mass murder, death tread to someone / something ?

Its not clear in the article, they only mention subjects that are oubviously outrageous.

Maybe i didn't understand well the article ( english not my language ) and all the requests are about police brutality and defamatory videos.

edit on 8/11/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join