It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego Occupy... Gang Terrorize Food Cart Vendors After Free Food Ends

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Seriously? With this mentality I should be hating all cops then right? So many people want to bash the OWS movement because of a few individuals that want to spoil it. I am sorry but if you think that something this big wont have a few kinks (or idiots) in it, you are the most delusional individual on the face of the planet.

The next time you go to a soup kitchen to help a few homeless and there is that one guy stealing crap, I am going to blame all of the soup kitchen attendants and call them thieves... my god, some of you people are so shallow in your judgement.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy with a lot of the gripes which the OWS supporters have, so I'm not against the movement, per se. But there's really so much naivete and lack of real world nous amongst the average members,. that it makes me want to tear my hair out.

Exactly. It's like "mommy, I'm going to hold my breath until you give me XXXXX!" That never works out. Sooner or later, you have to resort to a tantrum.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Exactly! This is a democratic movement. They need to setup a system to vote individuals out of a group... a way to exile people that are apparently hurting the movement on purpose.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
Seriously? With this mentality I should be hating all cops then right? So many people want to bash the OWS movement because of a few individuals that want to spoil it. I am sorry but if you think that something this big wont have a few kinks (or idiots) in it, you are the most delusional individual on the face of the planet.

The next time you go to a soup kitchen to help a few homeless and there is that one guy stealing crap, I am going to blame all of the soup kitchen attendants and call them thieves... my god, some of you people are so shallow in your judgement.

There are many things that can be done within the movement it self.

Why? because there is more of the "good" then there is of the "bad"

Most of the "good" watch and do nothing , no recording , no reporting , no stopping etc.

They are just as guilty as the ones who commit the crimes.

There is a good reason why OWS movement is looked down upon. AFter your done your rant and open your eyes you would see the simple fact .

When you stand by watch , and in many cases egg it on . Your just as guility as the guys who commit it .

I made another post of how to have an insystem protester community crime stoppage program. That would do them good.

But you see that takes organization , cooperation , and goals

which the OWS clearly does not have.

Thats why you see incidents like these. Would they get away with it if OWS was not there?

Of course not. But they get away with it because OWS is there with there disorganized mess they call a protest.

Truth hurts? i know. But someone said it would set u free

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

This is why there at least needs to be some form of organization done for the groups. A manifesto would be a great start. A few things that are encouraged and voted on to be added to said manifesto.

When you have a group that has no leadership, you need to have a few "group agreed upon" guidelines to keep things peaceful and positive. I think there needs to be less in the way of blaming and pointing fingers, waiting for the movement to die and more in the lines of brainstorming as a community if you do indeed believe in the movements core beliefs.
edit on 8-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

This is my 1st response to any OWS thread on ATS because I wanted to watch,listen, and observe, not having/observing much info. 1st hand....bolded mine below:

Coffee cart owner Linda Jenson and hot dog cart operators Letty and Pete Soto said they initially provided free food and drink to demonstrators, but when they stopped, the protesters became violent.

These vendors gave what could have been marginal profits to the protestors for free initially...then, apparently, freedom becomes another word for nothing left to lose for these violent thugs to the ones that helped them out from the beginning

Not a good impression for someone who hasn't been quick to judge.

Everyone else who can find a job *works* for what we get...OWS San Diego (at the least, and probably more like Oakland, NY, Chicago)...there isn't, nor should there be anything such as a Free Lunch!!!

Get a job! Even if it is minimum wage...Sheesh!
edit on 8-11-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

There are a LOT of people that are still working AND going to the protests. The few people that are hurting the movement should not represent the movement. People are making the weak argument that ALL the protestors are dirty jobless hippies that want to overturn carts and destroy property... that is like me saying that all African American citizens are jobless thugs that suck the government dry and steal tv's... it is wrong and stereotypical.

STOP judging the many for the ill actions of a FEW!

What is important is the core reason why this movement is happening... the country has become a corporate oligarchy where 1% of the people own 80% of the wealth. I do my part by occupying digital mediums. I work, I am a web developer and I do my best to donate my money when I can to those less fortunate.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
Originally posted by yourboycal2
Guys these are protesters

According to many members on ATS we are agents and shills for the government when we speak against them.

Im sure people will come along and say it was rouge agents who caused the rukus against the hot dog carts.

Or perhaps it was atmospheric pressure that caused some of the ows protesters to go awol on the hot dog carts after the freebies were done...

Or maybe it was some sort of evil drug in the water supply that the ows kids drank that made them act this way.

I've been sick of these wolfs in sheeps clothing for along time. But it doesn't matter though because

they represent the 99 percernt right ?

wrong.

Local business owners your next after the rats need more freebies. watch out.

But its okay .. its OWS we should support it and forget these little incidences , its just government agents trying to provoke these "staged" clashes lol

look at this cute comment

"The VENDORS should have known better?? Since when is it the victim's fault in a violent assault and..in this case..robbery could fairly be levied as well."

hehe reason and logic like this that makes my jaw drop sometimes.

Next time OWS asks for community support i'll remember this

edit on 8-11-2011 by yourboycal2 because: (no reason given)

anyone who thinks that i am a shill or paid by the govt is a complete idiot. I am a tax paying citizen, i dont want teh money i pay to be used to clean up protester feces out of our city parks. I dont want my police force occupied monitoring these idiots when they should be getting pedophiles and actual criminals off my streets. I have worked too hard for too long to have some snot nosed apple buying punks ruin my quality of lilfe that i worked for. This was bound to happen with this generation. too many hand outs and parents coddling their kids. now you have 30 something losers with no education or ambition trying to drag others in society down.

I dont need my govt to pay me to say these things, i will gladly do it for free.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

You really didn't read my post did you?....

I'm talking about these thugs in *certain* cities who have gone violent...

Perhaps you should go back and re-read....

That was my 1st post on OWS and I am not one quick to judge.

I agree that this country needs reforms but the protests should be at certain places, times, venues, & w/ protocols where other businesses are NOT hurt in the process...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BurningSpearess

I wasn't targeting you exactly. My voice was directed at the many Anti-OWSers who seem to be spouting the thugster argument. I understand your argument is more localized. Sorry if I came off as targeting your argument in general :S
edit on 8-11-2011 by ApolloBloodline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

Perhaps (from the amount of posts I see) you are newer to ATS.

When you hit reply to a specific individual, that sends a "reply" notification to their inbox indicated you directly replied to them...so hopefully, you can understand wny a directed reply to me would be taken so.

If you want to make a general reply, I think you just hit post reply (without involving an individual).

However, it's all good....Peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
OWS has my full support, and this crime does not represent the movement. Haven't we got over this last night with that mega crime thread?

Anyways, those who participated in this crime do not deserve to be protesting with the OWS crowd. This is a disgusting behavior to be honest.

I don't have much to say but that these people should have been arrested and not allowed to stay with the movement. As I said, OWS has my full support, but sometimes I wish they would be more tight on security and general behavior. With the increasing crimes near the movement (mostly opportunists or plainly stupid people imo), other cities will have to follow what we do here in Montreal. We have an extremely tight security committee and no crime happened since it was created a month ago (we had a rape case, but we reported the guy to the police and now he's believed to be in detention since the police won't give us any info).

I do find some OWS occupations lazy and not caring enough about the crimes, but once again, this is not representative of the idea of the movement or of every cities. Careful with what you say people, when you say OWS are criminals, you are including about 2,500 cities worldwide, and our Montreal occupation is 100% peaceful, non-criminal, and the police isn't even present, as they know nothing happened in a month or so...They monitor us, but we don,t see them and they don't harass us. It's very respectful here in MTL! I'd wish it was the same everywhere!

Don't paint the movement with crimes, this is not right.

Now I would kick these stupid criminals out of the movement, and this is why I think the security committees need to be stronger in some cities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join