It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smaller increase in children's weight in Fukushima !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It is sure early in my opinion to already be seeing this. Actually it is early to have a report on it. It makes me think there is alot more to come soon and maybe the lid on it can't be contained.

TextA survey shows that some children in Fukushima Prefecture have smaller average weight gains this year compared to the year before. A pediatrician says the results indicate the negative effects of the nuclear plant accident in March

The link to the full story is below.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

TextThe average increase for children aged 5 to 6 in the survey was 0.84 kilograms. But a nationwide health ministry survey conducted last year for children of the same age group showed an average gain of 1.8 kilograms.

That is less than half..

Doctor Shintaro Kikuchi tracked the weights of 245 children aged from 4 to 6 in 2 kindergartens in Koriyama City, Fukushima Prefecture. The results show an average weight increase of 0.81 kilograms over the past year through June. The increase for children in the same age group the previous year was 3.1 kilograms.

and that is 75% less approx. The year isn't even over yet. God help them..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Oh no! They are mutating! Load your shotguns!

I find that in poor taste...

On topic. I wonder if this has to do with them trying to eat less of the school food they are being forced to eat? Or if it is directly related to ingesting radiation. Scary statistics anyway. Poor children they've hardly begun their lives.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
...so if they ingested radiation, a sign of this is inability to gain weight even assuming they ate normally? Is that the bottom line of this?

An explanation as to why this is significant would be useful, for those of us not medically qualified.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I posted a link on the opening page that will take you to the story and can answer your question.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Kikuchi noted that the smaller weight increases could be related to reduced appetite resulting from less exercise as well as changes in the secretion of growth hormones due to stress. He said measures should be taken to restore normal hormone levels in the children.

Well that is understandable. You could apply this to any major disaster. It appeared that the fact it concerned radiation specifically meant that these effects were specific to radiation exposure.

top topics

join