It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Civ3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I need to know how I can play Civ3: Conquests. I've installed and reinstalled it, but it won't let me play. It says I need a certain sound file, or something like 'bink32.dll' What's this mean? My computer is new (or at least it was, in the summer)! So why won't it work?! My computer meets all of the requirements, but it says that I don't have the right sound file! What do I do?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Obviously Windows is missing the file "bink32.dll" - Search your hard drives for this file, maybe it wasn't installed properly. If you find it, make sure it's in C:\Windows\System (Windows 9x) or C:\Windows\System32 (Windows NT/2000/XP/2003).

If no success, do a search on google. I have found many pages on google for it, though they are not in English. The closest I got, was a link to download a RAD tool called bink. Maybe this has a connection? Try a search for bink.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here you go - www.radgametools.com...

I don't know if this will help. It sounds correct.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Well, I found binkw32.dll (That's the name.). It's on the Conquests disk. I also opened it. Now here's the problem. It has two options at the end - accept and decline. It's blocked off accept, so the only thing I can do is choose decline. In other words, the stupid thing has locked my out of Conquests! :bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Civ3 owns. after playing it for awhile i sorta started to see the world following civ3 rules.

i'm such an addict i even made a "global" map of one of my games

t31.org...

(warning big file)

although i never had a problem with the sound.. it just looks like.. you need that dll somewhere in a folder.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Okay, let me explain. The folder is in the disk, but it won't work either way. And last night, it shut me out of Civ3! I was eventually able to run the game, but needless to say it was frustrating. I hope Civ4 is better than this...

Boycott Firaxis!

top topics

join