It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nétanyahou "liar" - Obama-Sarkozy secret chat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
My angle on this is that a nations leader should NEVER hold back or obsfucate thier own opinion of anyone. A little honesty and open understanding of the high political process and the real attitudes of those in power is refreshing.

Obama and Sarkozy will of course have a fun time trying to seal any holes in relations with Israel after this, but on the other hand, I wish I had heard something like this from David Cameron. Its one thing Gordon Brown bashing a woman voter, and its obviously quite wrong for him to have spoken in that manner about her. The difference is that Gordon Brown was vile and abusive and clearly mistaking the ladies fair comment about the state of our nation, as an attack on minorities, which of course, she was not engaged in.

However, here you have two world leaders, who have voiced, unwittingly , what most every open eyed person in either of thier nations is thinking. I personally am encouraged to know that this is the veiw held by these two men. It offers some hope that various power structures are limited in thier scope because of a lack of genuine support at the top.

It also shows that leaders of the most powerful nations on the planet are human, and not faceless puppets. I like it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Don't know if I buy this, part of a secret services job is too ensure stuff like this DOES NOT HAPPEN. I promise you they didn't let him go on for 3 minutes... I don't know if i believe this at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
don't think this got leaked by accident looks staged ...they have decided to back off on Iran to avoid a huge conflict and are trying to turn public opinion against the Nétanyahou regime...this is a good sign looks like they have chosen to stand down for the time being for how long who knows?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Im not buying that this was an accident.

If this really happened Obama and Szarkozy planned it. I guarantee.

Secret Services job is too protect the president both publicly and privately. The wouldn't have let him go one for that long.

Set up. Obamas too smart for this..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrysalis

I hate to agree with a politician but if they say that a politician is a liar, the politician must be telling the truth for once.
Did that make any sense?
Harry Mudd comes to mind.

Were the microphones left on by accident?
Does anything in the spotlight ever happen on accident?
I'm sure we will get full transcripts in time.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Funny I posted mine 23 minutes before you but mine got deleted...?

Mods, wth?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If Israel feels that the United States, in the person of Obama is acting against their interest, I would think it makes them only more likely to consider unilateral action with respect to Iran.

I think these comments will hurt Obama domestically, but they also actually make hostilities more likely in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
What a joke ..Liar tell a liar that he is a liar

Amen

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Funny I posted mine 23 minutes before you but mine got deleted...?

Mods, wth?

Sounds like you got hit by the time zone glitch. It happens to me sometimes. I'm not sure what causes it but has happened to others too.

I saw this thread post a few hours before yours. I also saw yours posted in the new topics section.

Don't feel bad. Hopefully you have time to edit your post

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Can't people see whats going on? All this drama about Sarkozy's comment on the Corrupt Gangster Netanyahu is just a game to the Elite and fodder to the Mainstream Media to make a big deal about it mainly because Netanyahu is Israel's PM.

Microphone left on and they were't aware of it? Don't BS me. They have been in power for too long to fall for the "old snooping trick" by reporters. They were obviously spied on deliberately.

After all, they are puppets as well. And they serve their masters well to keep the drama going.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a down right terrible gaffe of terrible leadership going on.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Anti-semetism has not gone away people.Still is a very real and serious dnagerous threat to Israel.Obama does not have a clue what the hell He is doing in office.Way to cozy and social and does not take this part of the world serious enough at all.Horrible embarrassing and will be used by Iran and lunatics in the Islam world with their politics.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

Most powerful? I don't see everyone's obsession with this ignorant phrase. All the most powerful countries are run by puppets.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Nigerians just massacred by lunatic islamic radials.Not a word said about it from politcal leaders.This world is in a total failure mess of horrible leadership right now.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Obama is the leader of the most powerful country in the world..
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

He's the leader of the USA so he can't be. Sorry to dent everyone's staunch patriotism with this statement of fact.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Then you have the "Fast and Furious" Scanal where more human beings where slaughtered and killed.More serious corruption going on like crazy.The leadership is just a joke right now.From alot of governments and not just the U.S.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Nice to see the anti-semite crowd out in full force to support the dictator in chief.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godofgamblers
Nice to see the anti-semite crowd out in full force to support the dictator in chief.

Saying one guy is a liar does not equal saying a whole nation is full of liars.

But since you seem to be so pro at Israeli politics, maybe you'll be the one explaining us how the influence of extreme orthodox jews and their funding of some politicians dictates their stance on some subjects ...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I said that

It is not too soon to see some shame on US govt.

I love to see those faces who told me :

We are secular. We don't believe in religious controlled govt.

I think that there should be some moral basics that politicians should believe in , or there will be Hitlers again and again.

Peast.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Godofgamblers

The appropriateness of the 'anti-semite' label depends entirely on whether people dislike Nétanyahou because he's Jewish, or because he's a dangerous idiot?

I think most of his disparagers would fall into the second category

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join