It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Series of Dreams Relating to Washington State

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I also had a dream about an earthquake in the Puget Sound. It was early last Summer, and may have been influenced by the Japanese tsunami.
My daughter, husband and I were at a state park like Salt Water (but not). There was a tower, that was shorter than the Space Needle, but similar (in this dream,everyone said it was the Space Needle).
There was an earthquake and the water receded. I was running around frantically trying to warn people of a tsunami, but nobody would listen.
Eventually, I got everyone on the needle (only high ground) but then I saw a few young kids near the shore and I rushed down there as the wave hit the needle, me and kids. As the current carried me, I saw the needle topple with my family and everyone else. I woke up.

A couple of notes.
It was a cloudy day, but with high clouds, the kind that turn the sky white.
My husband was wearing a black sweatshirt, my daughter her pink wind breaker. The weather must've been slightly chilly
Some people I saw on the shore were picking blackberries. In the dream, I thought this was odd. Not the picking, but the berry bush being so close to shore.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by collietta

Very interesting. Don't worry about the relative heights of the space needle. In dreams, sizes are sometimes more strongly related to the importance of the objects than their actual, physical dimensions. So, the space needle's real size was possibly different because the thing itself was only important to identify your general location. Other people told you what it was, and this is secondary reinforcement to confirm where you were.

I'm interested about the blackberries. In my personal experience they are pretty tenacious and hardy plants and can grow wherever opportunity allows even if soil conditions are not ideal, so the fact that people were picking them is more significant (to me) than exactly where they were. So, a question: at what time of year are they ripe enough to pick? Around September?

Many thanks,

Mike

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by onthelookout

OH....@Mopardanno. You should take a look at my short story about the Mt. Saint helens eruption "The day my world shook." It's in my tagline. I was nine years old too when I experienced it!!!

Great story WC! I appended my own experience on that day to your story, as mine was no where near as dramatic or harrowing as yours, but from a totally different perspective

Thank you for sharing. I really enjoy your threads, and love kibbitzing about this stuff

Danno

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout
@MoparDanno Good info. Same as I said to JustMike, if I were to have tried to describe that same information it would have probably have sounded more like me trying to describe unicorns farting rainbows. (sigh) So I really do appreciate it when others can contribute that angle of it. Also, any additional information you have about your animals, I'd be interested in.

Thanks OTL

What info would you like about the animals? They have been much more rambunctious, even to the point of fighting more. The cats are at each other and tearing around the house more, and the Huskies are being even more snippy with each other than normal. I had to go out and holler at em a couple of nights ago as they were tussling pretty good and didnt quit after a few seconds. Usually there is no strife amongst the fuzzies, but right now they are all wound pretty tight. Just like they were before the 6.6 that hit about 150 miles north of us a month or two ago.

Danno

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by MoparDanno

True, though, my first impression was of a rift/gap opening in the banks and the water escaping that way, but it's all conjecture as I don't really know if that would happen. I doubt anyone does, really. But if it let go as you say, that would also be quite -- errrm -- quite dramatic, shall we say.

Mike

Well from what I have learned and studied, the way the faultlines run, and the general topogrophy of the area, I really don't see this as being even a potential possibility. Even it letting go and flooding N or S is very unlikely, as the lakes around here tend to be in valleys and such, so they are the absolute low point of the area. It would take a VERY large shift for that to change in a way that would allow the waters to escape in any meaninfull manner.

However, as I was typing the above paragraph, I did think of one way to interpret OTL's dream... Mount Rainier, which Westcoast has said many times, is one of the most dangerous volcanoes in North America. Not because of its eruptive power, which is figured to be considerable as it shares the same characteristics as Mt St Helens, but because of all of the water that is locked on the mountains glaciers. I dont think Bellevue proper is in any danger from Mt Rainier, but Renton certainly is. Renton is just south of Bellevue, on I-405, and lays at the outlet of the Cedar river, which has its origins from the glaciers of Mt Rainier. If the flows of the Cowlitz and Toutle river because of Mt St Helens are any indication, then Cities like Renton, Tacoma and even South Seattle are in for it. Not to mention the other larger towns on the way to the outlets of the rivers, like Puyallup.

Just my take on it

Danno

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MoparDanno

Great reply, Danno.
And again, I'm glad to learn from your knowledge of the area.

So... A possible interpretation of a lahar, then. That's a valid point and yes, the mapping for lahar paths for the area would fit in. As you say, that would be more likely than a pretty major uplift.

Thank you for that perspective.

Mike

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you for your comments. My family picks the neighborhood berries around the end of August, early September.
This last Summer, part of me was wondering if there would be a cool day, followed by an earthquake.

edit on 9-11-2011 by collietta because: grammar

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike,

Here is a link from the Puget Sound Seismic Network about the hazards of Rainier lahars

vulcan.wr.usgs.gov...

This is a good synopsis of what we were just discussing.

EDIT: Here is a link to the complete USGS hazards report for Mt Rainier if you are interested

pubs.usgs.gov...

Danno

edit on 11/9/2011 by MoparDanno because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I live like 10-15 minutes drive from the border, and can see Mt. Baker from my bathroom window.
I'm as ready as I ever will be for a 7.0+ earthquake. As a collective though, we are vastly unprepared.
It still feels as if people believe it will NEVER happen, simply because the last major earthquake to hit this region, hit before any European settlements, therefore the danger is non-existant.

Dreams I feel, are ment to be told, from any person willing to share them with others,
I think they serve a much higher purpose then we've been led to believe.
Not just "our" own consciousness peddling old thoughts, but rather a collective consciousness giving new warnings.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sorry guys that I kind of disappeared on you. I've been crazy busy at work, and when not doing that I'm just not feeling grounded enough (read: dizzy, spacey, crappy) to form a comprehensible sentence. (Even this little bit is taking forever and so much brain power) When I'm feeling a little more human, I'll come back and catch up. Hope everyone is doing well

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wanted to link 2 well known and highly accurate psychics who are predicting a west coast event that results in a tsunami. Psychic's say they see a west coast event and tsunami

Here is a link showing the elevation of all cities within the PNW of Washington: WA Elevation

Downtown Bellevue is only 60 ft. above sea level!

Also, I lived in Washington 11 years and just moved to California 9 months ago. I had a similar dream involving a natural disaster (wasn't sure what it was) and then water moving in and much destruction and death. Here is that dream: Water Dream

Then I had another dream where I was on an expedition at the North Pole and saw this gigantic cement column coming out of the earth. It represented the earth's axis. I saw it move and knew it was a huge earthquake either in China or the Pacific Northwest (Oregon / Washington). Earth axis shifts dream

I sometimes remember my dreams, but the ones that make this type of an impact are those that I have posted on ATS for the past few years. They are different in nature, not the run-of-the-mill type of dream. They leave you with a feeling when you wake up that it's a future event and your psyche is not only preparing for it, but somehow there is a part I'm to play.

I also believe in alternate realities, and that our timeline is ever changing.
edit on 27-6-2013 by curiouswa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by collietta

In Gasworks Park there are blackberry bushes close to the water if you go down to the cemented area where there are benches sitting in recessed areas of the concrete wall. You can see the space needle from there pretty good but it's on the other side of the water so you wouldn't be able to run to it... but Gasworks doeshhave the old dilapidated iron structures that may be construed as a tower I suppose... I imagine it would definitely topple if hit by a tsunami. It's pretty rickety. But it would be the only place to go really in the event of a tsunami. I would say go visit the area to see if it looks familiar, but maybe that's not the best idea... check online maybe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join