It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese firm Cyberdyne - The Robot Suit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
"THE Japanese maker of an exoskeleton robot suit to assist walking on Monday unveiled a model that could help nuclear workers weighed down by heavy anti-radiation vests in contaminated zones."

www.heraldsun.com.au...

While I'm fascinated by the many possibilities of this tech, I can't get past their name! C'mon.

I would love to see this help those less able bodied first. Though being applied in industry and emergency response is great.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

I wont be looking forward to the announcment of model 101 rolling off the production line.
Wheres Connor, we need help!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

Should wait untill T-900 model comes out.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Holy smeg! I hope they picked that name out of a twisted sense of humor.

Amazing creation, though.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Holy smeg! I hope they picked that name out of a twisted sense of humor.

Amazing creation, though.

Same here.....~!!!

that truly is a little spooky .. especially when there is actually a SKYNET

SKYNET

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Wait a moment...

Cyberdyne, based northeast of Tokyo, demonstrated an upgraded version of the robot device called the Hybrid Assistive Limb, or HAL, that can be worn under anti-radiation tungsten vests as heavy as 60 kilograms.

Are you kidding me?
Cyberdine (Terminator lore) is building a thing called HAL (like, HAL9000 of Space Odyssey?)

It doesn't get much better than that, I tell you.

However, all concerns aside, if this thing works like intended and assists people wearing a heavy radiation-shielding suit, this might open new possibilities in preventing nuclear disasters and cleaning up if prevention failed. Hopefully.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

wow that thing looks funky... the future is here...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Just as you're finishing sealing off the emergency containment on some wreaked reactor it says "Just what do you think you're doing, Dave?"

I wonder if it sings that song "Daisy" while you're in it.

Joking aside though, I hope it gets put to effective use in Fukushima very soon.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Although I am of course impressed by the speed at which the HAL suit has been adapted to the purpose of radiological threat reduction, I must point out that the HAL system has been in existance for some time. There was always the intention to produce a model of the suit which would be good as an atomic/biological/chemical protection suit.

The other thing I ought to point out,is that the picutre featured on the article page, is the very image that was released when the hybrid assistive limb was first unveiled a few years ago. In order to get a good idea of what a tungsten armour outer would look like over the HAL outfit, one could do worse than having a look at a bomb disposal squad member, except of course that the armour on this new suit would have to be denser and more sealed against outside elements , than a bomb squad outfit.

It would be great to see a picture of the HAL, WITH the armour plate applied, and I would love to know how they are solving the issue of getting air into the suit, wether they are applying an independant air source, such as bottled air, or wether they have applied effective filters of some sort, such as one might find on a modern battle tank.

Good job either way!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

Are you kidding me?

No, nobody is kidding you. I brought this out last year in a thread here:
Skynet and Cyberdyne are real, and they equal trouble

Read it all, the Satellite system with AI (when it is perfected) is called Skynet. The movie was quite prophetic.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Hey, great thread that many don't think about for the very near future.
autowrench: I read through your thread and you managed to make lots of connections. Especially since your thread was published in 2009, then we're seeing this one in 2011, things seem to be moving right along.

I recently discovered this company and thought I'd add it to the information. They are a private company, but deal with the military as well as civillian projects. They are currently developing robotics, precision weapons systems, blue force tracking (whatever this is), attitude determination, and kill chain compression (another thing I'm going to have to look into).
www.geodetics.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thank you, Afterthought, for the kind words. I really never thought the concepts in the film would become a reality either, but they surely did. This would be perfect for an extended war action, armed robots controlled by a satellite array, complete with hunter/killer drones. Guess who their enemy would be? The only ones who could pull the plug, that's who.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
By the way, tungsten shell should be one hell of an armor in and by itself!

But frankly, this whole project begs a question -- since the Japanese are good at robotics, how come they won't just use their best robots for cleanup? It just looks like a product placement piece...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

My pleasure, autowrench! I try to keep up with your posts. You seem to have an excellent concept of what's going on and still manage to keep your feet on the ground.

I've been noticing for quite some time that we're losing our humanity and depending more and more on robotics and technology for things that we should be looking towards other humans for. Want a boyfriend or girlfriend, there's an ap for that! We don't even need to have a live pet around because you can simply get a robotic one or have it inside a hand held device.

Things are just getting really crazy and we've been desensitized for the past twenty years about what is now just around the corner.

Be well and keep spreading the truth like you do!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Things are just getting really crazy and we've been desensitized for the past twenty years about what is now just around the corner.

Why fight the inevitable? Human and machines will merge anyhow. Read the excellent books by Kurzweil, on that subject. "The age of spiritual machines".

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Nope, not I.
Embracing the cold, metal that our over lords are pushing causes us to move further from nature. Soon, we won't have any emotions, while robots will be able to mimic or even exhibit actual emotions. Eventually, it will be impossible to tell the difference between a human and a robot.

This is not allowed in my world and I refuse to conform. I think it's fine to use technology to help humanity, but it will replace us if we continue on like we are. Just look at Dick Cheney.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Nope, not I.
Embracing the cold, metal that our over lords are pushing causes us to move further from nature.

Well actually until you read Kurzweil, it's not straightforward to understand. Humans will still be humans, but different, of course. It's not "cold" or metal necessarily.

Eventually, it will be impossible to tell the difference between a human and a robot.

Well then, define nature.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nature is composed of living cells that die.
Death is a natural process within life.
I'm just not sure why humans fear death so much. The only thing I can figure is that the powerful who rule over us know that there's a greater existence past this one and insist on keeping us within this fearful mindset.

The most I may ever get is a mechanical joint if need be and I already have donor bones in my body.
I simply have no need to live for 100 or 200 years. I believe there's much more on the spiritual plane, so why keep running away from it?
edit on 8-11-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I simply have not need to live for 100 or 200 years. I believe there's much more on the spiritual plane, so why keep running away from it?

Sure, you are entitled to that. But then again, how many years of life do you need?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I guess I realize that I've had many more good years than some and when it's time for me to make room for someone else to experience the physical plane, I'll be more than happy to move aside.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join