It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokin' Joe Frazier dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Smokin' Joe Frazier dead

www.suntimes.com

Joe Frazier, a tough, underrated heavyweight boxer from Philadelphia and one of the sport’s fiercest competitors who spent a lifetime playing second fiddle to his nemesis, Muhammad Ali, died Monday night from liver cancer. Frazier was 67.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already. This is so sad, i hope he left us without being in pain. he will forever be remembered as one of the greatest. i hope they bury him with his boxing gloves. Hes one of the very few who could last round for round with Mohammed Ali.

R.i.p Joe
You will not be forgotten

www.suntimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
He was a brawler!
I always enjoyed to watch him in the ring!
And, he had class!

Even when Ali referred to him as a gorilla, he kept his composure.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
R.I.P. Joe - an all time great.
The "Thrilla-in-Manilla" will go down in history as the greatest heavyweight fight of all time. Almost a throw-back to a "Toe-the-Scratch" bare-knuckle slugfest.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

He was a brawler! I always enjoyed to watch him in the ring! And, he had class

he was one of the greats and i couldn't agree with you more. RIP Joe. heres a video for you guys.

the fight of the century
Joe Frazier -vs- Muhammal Ali

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Boxing will never be the same without him.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
RIP, Smokin' Joe. You've made your mark on history.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
RIP Smokin Joe

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The only man in history to have truly matched the pugilistic talents of Ali. He never pulled any punches in life, or in the ring. Rest in Peaces Smokin Joe. You will be missed.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I remember my grandmother waking me up as a child to tell me Joe beat Ali the first time they fought.R.I.P.Joe.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I guess that means hes smoked.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

Thank you for the thread. He deserves a ATS funeral. I threaded on him and his illness 3 days ago and they threw it in the people forum BTS oh well Thanks again. s/f bro..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
R.I.P. Joe. Thoughts go out to the family. Thrilla was the best boxing match in history.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
His left hook was a work of art. He wasn't flashy. He wasn't an orator like Ali was. He was a fighter. And he wouldn't back down. He just kept coming. He'd take two or three to land one. Ali gave him so many welts, he couldn't even see. And he just kept coming. That's a fighter. That's a prizefighter.

R.I.P. "Smokin" Joe

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Watching some of his old fights is tantamount to watching an artistic train wreck. He was brutal and had an obscene amount of stamina and determination. Boxing has been going down hill for quite some time. I believe it is because there are no more great pugilist anymore. I don't know if there will ever be another with his caliber of talent. The last one in my opinion was Lennox Lewis.

top topics

join