It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard On Coast To Coast, Air Force is Planning To Fire A Warhead at YU55!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

haha good call...i read hoagland's dark mission about the moon...it was god awful....but i so wanted it to be true...guys a nut. Good call!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
I find Coast To Coast to be a hit-and-miss program. It also seems that more often than not, they are being fed mis/disimformation.... Don't you think?

I don't think it's a case of disinformation, just a show that's main purpose is entertainment. The presenters never spoil the entertainment by throwing anything like a probing question towards guest or have anything approaching a critical attitude to what they are being told. Basically a person who has written a book, or promoting a conference etc. comes onto the programme and gets to talk completely unchallenged. The presenter just says 'wow!' or 'really!' a lot, therefore people keep listening and advertisers keep advertising.

That's why we must all ways be critical of what people like Hoagland are telling us on shows like this. You can't rely on the presenters to verify what has been presented, it's not part of their job.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2Isee3rd
reply to post by fleabit

If the asteroid were to miss anyways, I don't see any chance of changing it's trajectory for the worse...
A missile sent FROM earth towards an asteroid that has no chance of colliding with earth would send it's trajectory FARTHER from the path of earth's, wouldn't it?

Picture that scene in the first Indiana Jones movie with that huge boulder rolling down to crush his exit, now picture him throwing a tennis ball at the boulder to change its trajectory, or even firing a bullet at it, well much the same would result in the Navy or anybody trying to deflect a trajectory of an asteroid, effectively zero.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Just make a missile with room for all the applicants for X-Factor, Britain / America's got talent and fire that at it..

Its not like we need these people

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Whew thank god that missle worked.I would like to give thanks to Mr. Hoaxland for his credilble information and bravery to come out against all odds. I'd also like to give thanks to baby Jesus & Lady GaGa.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Just make a missile with room for all the applicants for X-Factor, Britain / America's got talent and fire that at it..

You forgot Jersey Shore

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
GTL baby

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taz2122

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

You forgot Jersey Shore

Indeed, now I'm looking at it basically any reality TV star = (lol), annoying people who for the sake of science and peace in our times should be splatted off any asteroids possible.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Picture that scene in the first Indiana Jones movie with that huge boulder rolling down to crush his exit, now picture him throwing a tennis ball at the boulder to change its trajectory, or even firing a bullet at it, well much the same would result in the Navy or anybody trying to deflect a trajectory of an asteroid, effectively zero.

Lol. Tesla said he could crack this earth. So the govt who supposedly has his tech stashed away,
should build his AG machine and launch it into orbit around this asteroid and it will be pulverised, but may take a while.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
How does a thread get 13 flags and 6 stars for NO CONTENT?

Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
How does a thread get 13 flags and 6 stars for NO CONTENT?

Just wondering.

Because people love stupidity, ignorance, lies, and fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Would this NOT be an outstanding opportunity to fire off a warhead at the sort of object which could pose a real threat in the future? The only downside ( admittedly a large one) is that if we break it up into several pieces which more or less continue to move in the orbit they have been in forever, then we might hit ourselves next time around with some nasty pieces.

Tsunami issue: This is a drill, not a prophecy. Looks as though it has been planned for quite some time.

Hoagland? I have been waiting for him to announce the more hyperdimensional aspects of this comet. There must be some. I feel badly for him. Somewhere along the way, he rode his message right off the rails. He may be proven right about some things eventually, but he won't get proper credit probably because of the current popular opinion against him, generally.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by paxnatus

Cute.
The asteroid doesn't hit Earth...
See! It worked! The missile worked!

Sort of like banging sticks together to keep tigers away.

edit on 11/8/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Crap! I need to find some sticks pronto...here I am stickless...suprised I haven't been eaten by a tiger yet! Thanks Phage.

So...did the missiles work then? are we dead yet?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by Phage

If it's true, it could be that the Air Force wants to practice trying to deflect an asteroid in case of a possible close impact scenario in the future. Possibly experimenting with ways to deflect an asteroid?

It would be a very very bad thing. This asteroids path has been calculated for the next few hundred years with no risk of impact - why then go and try and do something to potentially alter future trajectory that may mean next time we are directly in the line of fire?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This should make everyone understand that anything Hoaglund says should be considered ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Since there was no doom today I guess it's back to hawking stuff on e-bay. Bah, I was hoping for a break.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Honest question: Does anybody have a list of things coast-to-coast has claimed will happen that actually do? I mean rumors that they specifically "broke"? I't be interesting to see.
edit on 9-11-2011 by capone1 because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Honest question: Does anybody have a list of things coast-to-coast has claimed will happen that actually do? I mean rumors that they specifically "broke"? I't be interesting to see.

I do. Here you go:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Originally posted by 2Isee3rd
reply to post by fleabit

If the asteroid were to miss anyways, I don't see any chance of changing it's trajectory for the worse...
A missile sent FROM earth towards an asteroid that has no chance of colliding with earth would send it's trajectory FARTHER from the path of earth's, wouldn't it?

Wrong....nice try though.

The Tennis ball can't explode so that theory is out the door.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by capone1

I do. Here you go:

haha. I assume you meant to not post any links. C'mon coast-2-coast fans, show us something!!!! Maybe they just fantasize the things C2C says will come true? Therefore they are hardcore fans without realizing they are following emptiness? Show me something!!
edit on 10-11-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join