It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just heard On Coast To Coast, Air Force is Planning To Fire A Warhead at YU55!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

They reckon that this thing will travel between The Moon and Earth. That would make it a distance of 120,000 miles. What fuel and how much fuel will this missle be using

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

That was back in 91.
I'm sure we've upgraded since...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You do realize that is just ice particles, right?

The shuttle has 44 maneuvering thrusters. There is a reason these "ufos" fly perfectly straight, and then, fly perfectly straight in another direction. It's simply ice particles being hit with the force from a thruster.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

She is one piece of work...............Yes, I have to admit I know her as well...........

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

edit on 8-11-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

I like how you ignored my question and just post bull#. You're absurd sir.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
peanuts

line of second
edit on 11/8/2011 by milano because: I am irritable

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

I like how you ignored my question and just post bull#. You're absurd sir.

I didn't even see your question. I just like that video and thought it was a suitable ironic quip in response to what is basically a hoax thread.
Apologies if that hurt your little ego. Poor little boy.
As for being absurd, you're on a conspiracy forum and you're calling me absurd? Now, if we were having this conversation with a pane of glass seperating us, you being on the "Tennis Club" side of the partition and me being on the "Conspiracy Forum" side, then I'd probably have to agree with you.
But as the situation stands, your statement is akin to one lunatic telling another that they can't be Napoleon because he is.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Even though YU55 isn't going to hit Earth. I don't see why we couldn't use it as an opportunity to see if we can actually redirect a meteor's path well before its within impact range. Not like we get these opportunities every day!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny

What is the 2nd asteroid to pass us? Or are you trying to say Yu55 is back tracking for a 2nd peak at Earth?

Aha! Now I see your question.
But as you were so rude concerning my reply to another user for no apparent reason, and I mean really, really rude, I'm not even going to bother posting the same link that I posted the first time to your first question, again, so that you could read and view for yourself concerning the first and second pass.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's hoping it doesn't miss and land somewhere else, thus triggering WWIII.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
C2C is the fricking LAST place on earth where you would expect "the real deal"...for anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If it's true, it could be that the Air Force wants to practice trying to deflect an asteroid in case of a possible close impact scenario in the future. Possibly experimenting with ways to deflect an asteroid?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In other news....somebody slipped over a banana in Los Angeles!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Maybe it's more of a test to see if our missile capabilities CAN deflect an asteroid of that size?
Even if it's trajectory does not have a chance of colliding with earth, I still think it's a good idea just to try it out.
If it doesn't work, maybe we can try and nuke the damn thing next time?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If something is going to miss, why would you possibly endanger the planet by trying to change its trajectory?

Oh.. look, we found a fracture on the thing.. breaking it into 4 semi-huge chunks, and three of them are now heading towards Earth. Booyah!

No.. I think they would wait. Even 14 years before the next pass would give them ample time to find -much- better ways of preventing such a collision.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
so we can all agree there will be no asteroid hit tonite then?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

It takes what..three days to send a rocket to the moon?

Considering that a missile is much smaller and requires less fuel to reach space and a high velocity, I'd say it's plausible.
Maybe we ALREADY fired missiles at it's directed coure, and they're well on their way? I don't know the math/physics behind it, but that would be one hell of a shot.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I'll let you know in um.. an hour and a half or so.

We'll know for certain by then. And of course, by tomorrow if it misses the moon or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

I'll let you know in um.. an hour and a half or so.

We'll know for certain by then. And of course, by tomorrow if it misses the moon or not.

imagine if it really hit...i wonder what would happen, would news cameras be ready to broadcast, etc

then tomorrow the false flag alien attack occurs at 2PM ! baaaaaa

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join