It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan & Japan M 6.9 EQ Nuclear & Tsunami Crisis Continues: Okinawa M6.9 Local TSUNAMI Watch Issued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

topics.nytimes.com...

looks like Japan will forever been on skates and lit up on the geiger counter at this rate

tsunami bulletin was issued, wonder whats next..

edit on 8-11-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I remember reading Edgar Cayce's prophecy about how the lower part of Japan must go underneath the sea in order for the next changes to come to fruition. What if he was in fact right all along? It's just strange that 2011 has been a year to remember so far, and it's not even over yet with 2012 lurking just around the corner.
edit on 11/8/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

Luckily it was deep with a depth of over 200km, so there is little chance of damage or a tsunami. Just curious, you're video source said that the Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre issued a local tsunami watch. But according to them, they did not issue any warnings or a watch.
It seemed like a pretty informative video, so may have been an honest mistake.

The 2nd video however, is severely lacking factual information and seems to just repeat some of the unfounded (and utterly wrong) claims from the recent Intel Hub article discussed here and here.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
the author of the video made it clear that a local bulletin/watch was issued, but a regional one was not,,

in whatever his particular words, he went over it a couple times.

in any case, that's to be expected there wasn't a regional warning with it below M7 (or M8, or M9 for the matter), i guess?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

"TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 001

PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS

ISSUED AT 0306Z 08 NOV 2011

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

REPORTED BY THE JAPAN METEOROLOGICAL AGENCY.

ORIGIN TIME - 0259Z 08 NOV 2011

COORDINATES - 27.2 NORTH 125.8 EAST

DEPTH - 222 KM

LOCATION - NORTHEAST OF TAIWAN

MAGNITUDE - 6.9

EVALUATION

A DESTRUCTIVE TSUNAMI WAS NOT GENERATED BASED ON EARTHQUAKE AND HISTORICAL TSUNAMI DATA."

sorry its in caps, pasted it.

i guess the "Bulletin" was a confirmation that a Tsunami was not generated, though it could have been from aftershocks..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

the author of the video made it clear that a local bulletin/watch was issued, but a regional one was not,,

in whatever his particular words, he went over it a couple times.

in any case, that's to be expected there wasn't a regional warning with it below M7 (or M8, or M9 for the matter), i guess?

I understood the author quite clearly, and there may have been a local tsunami watch issued, but it wasn't by the PTWC as the author stated. This is from the actual PTWC bulletin.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS
REPORTED BY THE JAPAN METEOROLOGICAL AGENCY.

ORIGIN TIME - 0259Z 08 NOV 2011
COORDINATES - 27.2 NORTH 125.8 EAST
DEPTH - 222 KM
LOCATION - NORTHEAST OF TAIWAN
MAGNITUDE - 6.8

EVALUATION

A DESTRUCTIVE TSUNAMI WAS NOT GENERATED BASED ON EARTHQUAKE AND
HISTORICAL TSUNAMI DATA.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE JAPAN METEOROLOGICAL AGENCY MAY ALSO ISSUE TSUNAMI MESSAGES
FOR THIS EVENT TO COUNTRIES IN THE NORTHWEST PACIFIC AND SOUTH
CHINA SEA REGION. IN CASE OF CONFLICTING INFORMATION... THE
MORE CONSERVATIVE INFORMATION SHOULD BE USED FOR SAFETY.
source
ETA: Ah I see you posted it as well, I must have posted just after you.

Anyway the link above is for the bulletin provided on the PTWC site. There has been an aftershock of magnitude 4.6. Even though it was shallower at around 50km, I don't think there would have been any tsunami risk associated with that quake.
edit on 8/11/11 by Curious and Concerned because: see above

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
thanks i didnt bother to go back and listen since you looked into it so thoroughly.

and heres this guy saying teres a tsunami threat forecast coinciding with the drill (isnt it already Nov 9 in the pacific?)

suppose all the APEC elite dont have to rush back to their mainland bunkers from hawaii just yet if still there..

unesdoc.unesco.org...

edit on 8-11-2011 by ignant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
thanks i didnt bother to go back and listen since you looked into it so thoroughly.

and heres this guy saying teres a tsunami threat forecast coinciding with the drill (isnt it already Nov 9 in the pacific?)

As I said, this video is severely lacking in factual substance. Threre is no such forecast, as he is claiming that the upcoming PacWave11 tests are the forecast. This is of course, a blatant fabrication and probably stems from the Intel Hub article or other sources claiming that the PacWave11 test documents state that the tests could "go live" if an acual threat was to occur. This is obviously necessary, as you would not continue a test scenario if an actual tsunami occured during testing. There is nowhere that they predict that there will be one during the testing, but as we cannot accurately forecast earthquakes, there is a slim chance that one would occur during testing and they would have to be preapared for it.

ETA: It is currently 9pm on the 8th here in New Zealand. So not the 9th just yet, and we are the first nation to see the new day, (except for Kiritimati Is in the Pacific). But I believe it may be the 10th here when the testing occurs.
edit on 8/11/11 by Curious and Concerned because: added current time here in the Pacific

new topics

top topics

join