It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA...Could you be more of a Genius?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
The upcoming EAS test could just be the tip of the iceberg. It seems like FEMA knows exactly what they are doing.

blog.fema.gov...

Gotta love the comments section on the link above.

Example:

"How about emergency online ? Most folks during the day are staring at a screen, but not a tv one. I never listen to radio and seldom have tv on before 7p. I do get emergency alerts in email, if I am on line from the weather folks. Well its the world we livein, just suck it up!'

People are requesting that FEMA take over the internet as well. Apparently TV and radio is "antiquated" and "the People" are asking for an internet alert system.

Could FEMA have come up with a better idea to have the American people request them to take control of the internet as well?

Amazing...

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I don't know just how feasible it actually IS for them to take over the internet to broadcast a message.

Websites are all written in code and in order to broadcast the message all over the web they would have to write and run the script for that code to embed within every webpage AND have any necessary passwords etc. to do so! The time this would take is well in excess of what would be required to relay an emergency message.

Best bet would be to go through sites like Google, Facebook etc.- restrict it to the more popular ones and have videos and headlines going viral there- or better yet, complete shutdown to be replaced with the message/video/audio.

This is just based off what I understand- happy to hear other ideas as there may be a blanket, back door in? Just not that I am aware of.

P.S OP, not trying to p*** all over you mate

edit on 8/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There is a better solution for that: reroute all DNS servers to FEMA ones and you got the message.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amfis

If you were able to locate and penetrate them yes, you'd need a crack team of one million nerds working around the clock breaking down firewalls..even a cheap as chips WatchGuard box can prove very difficult to penetrate.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
No dont want it stay away from our internet fema if you want you can make a app like weather bug for the people who want it. Really if you are watching something online really getting into it maybe even fwaping and the next thing you know the sounds of pleasure turn in to a eas alarm not having it sorry and stay away from my dvd player also .

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
No dont want it stay away from our internet fema if you want you can make a app like weather bug for the people who want it. Really if you are watching something online really getting into it maybe even fwaping and the next thing you know the sounds of pleasure turn in to a eas alarm not having it sorry and stay away from my dvd player also .

I actually think this is a brilliant suggestion. It may have been written in jest, but if you consider how many phones centers get flooded in a crisis area in an emergency from folks who simply don't have a clue....

*beep beep Beep* Your residential area is in a FEMA Disaster Response Help Zone. There has been a ______ (type of disaster), in your area. Please turn on your radio for localized emergency information.

For further information do not dial *911 unless you need immediate medical or fire rescue assistance.
For specific road closures in your area press #road.
For the nearest emergency shelter press #shelter
If you are alive and well, but do not wish to tie up phone lines, enter #iamsafe to be entered in a 36 hour national database so your family will know not to worry and or tie up the phone lines during crisis period.
If you are at an official Rescue shelter and wish to let your family know where you located, press #hereiam followed by the Rescue Shelter ID#.

Yeah, yeah, as if any FEMA conspiracy theorist would ever sign up... but still in a disaster it's the kind of app I'd want if I had no clue how to react.

M.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Moshpet because: Life, the universe and everything. 42.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Moshpet because: Clarity.

new topics

top topics

join