It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me remember the name of this old movie; driving me crazy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This one would be for the older folks on ATS or an extremely good young movie buff.

The film starts out in a mining office (I think, I was rather young last time I saw it.) The guy comes up from the mine(?) and looks at the date on the calender and sees that it is wrong. He goes out and discovers he is alone in the world. Later, I think he does meet someone else, but may be confused about this, might be blending with Heston's Omega Man in my mind. (God that made me sound old!)

Anyway, if I remember right it was black and white, and named something like The Day After, or The Last Day or something along those lines. If I am not mistaken the film was made in the mid fifties but had no one in it that comes to mind. Saw it on T.V. a couple times when I was much younger. It was one of those old movies they played late at night back when there were only three channels to chose from.

This is making me nuts! Tip of my tongue sort of thing.

I have been brushing up on end of the world films and just watched On The Beach with Ava Gardner and Gregory Peck a couple weeks ago. Not bad, but this one I am trying to find was better.

Please help!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The only thing I can come up with:

Where have all the people gone?

This is similar to your description, but it came out too late. Still trying to figure it out.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I can't place it as a movie. Maybe but I don't know. I does sound like one or two episodes of early Twilight Zone.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Disaster films. (pre 1970s)

www.filmsite.org...

One of these?
edit on 7-11-2011 by TrainDispatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cdnutz44

This is similar to your description, but it came out too late. Still trying to figure it out.

No, but didn't know about that one. Thanks for the new one.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrainDispatcher

One of these?

Hey, The Day The World Ended might be it. Thank you. Nice list to have.

Nope, that's not it. Still looking.

edit on 7-11-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

He goes out and discovers he is alone in the world.

That is definitely an episode of Twilight Zone. He keeps running around town thinking he'll find someone but he is alone. Can't remember anything else about it. But Rod Serling was the host on these early ones.

edit on 8-11-2011 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

My mom does this sometimes. Do you remember.... uhh... uhh. uh?
OK... how about:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No, I remember that episode, close but there was a movie. I can see scenes of it in my minds eye, but not the title. If I heard the title I think it would click in. Not Twilight Zone though.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah, aren't Mom's great. Mine turns 90 next month, and still sharp as a tack. Bless her heart.

Nope that's not it. It was a fifties movie because it would be on late night T.V. back in the Dialing For Dollars days.

Edit; That was better than the series Survivors I was watching so thanks, switching now.

Aw man, bummer about edited version

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I know the exact scene you are describing... I watched this movie not too recently.

Is it Panic in the Year Zero?
en.wikipedia.org...!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
How about Vicent Price's The Last Man on Earth which was the movie they made Omega Man and I am Legend from.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

OK... how about:
This is the one where he was in a Air force experiment,and didn't know it.....right?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ittabena
reply to post by intrptr

No, I remember that episode, close but there was a movie. I can see scenes of it in my minds eye, but not the title. If I heard the title I think it would click in. Not Twilight Zone though.

If you were to describe some of those scenes "in your minds eye", maybe....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I agree with the above post.

If you can share some more scenes out of the movie, it'll make it easier for us to try and nail down the title.

top topics

join