It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you enjoy your job?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
How many people here do a job they dont want to do? just to put food on the table and water in the cup?

I'm just curious so i made a little Poll, its a simple yes or no and only take a few seconds,

Vote Here

Thanks for your time.
edit on 7-11-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
lack of money enslaves people, sh-t loads of money free them in this twisted and diabolical society.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yeah i changed the thread name since i couldnt put down in words what i was thinking, but i probaly will make that post agian when i can

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Heh, first time I've ever swayed a poll by a 50% margin with one vote.

Anyway, I've got a good job and make plenty of money, but is it ideal? No way. But my bills are paid and I don't have to worry about anything having to do with money, which is a relatively new concept for me. Glad to have a job.

But that doesn't mean I am unaware of all those who don't have work, so you'll never hear me complain. Be thankful for what you have, because there are plenty of people who would kill to have even that much.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I love my job. I get paid to break stuff. Your subject and the questions don't jive though. I enjoy my job, but my dream job will never exist. How do I vote?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
well my income was cut by 30k from my previous job(A) to the one i just lost(B). and it went from a horrible job to a slightly less horrible job, but on the bright side, i only lost 10k/yr income by losing this one(B) and being unemployed.

the system is screwed. you are a slave to money, and anyone who says otherwise is a fool or a liar.

the funny thing is, working full time hours, I was still below the poverty line. but that's life at the bottom of the corporate pyramid.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
I love my job. I get paid to break stuff. Your subject and the questions don't jive though. I enjoy my job, but my dream job will never exist. How do I vote?

Follow the link dude!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I love my job.

I can literally work from anywhere in the world, choose how much or how little I do, get paid well and am actually appreciated and respected for what I do.

I didnt do great in high school, studied ancient history and Uni and didnt even finish. Im not that smart or great at anything I just refuse to get in the rat race and thought outside the box for other options

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by definity

I love and hate my job. I groom dogs. I love the part that involves the dogs. I hate dealing with their owners, answering phones, helping walk-in customers. I work in a chain store groom shop and the company sees us as slaves. They expect us to do more work than is even possible. They have also found small ways to cut our pay. Unfortunately I need the health insurance that working for a large company offers. Most small shops in the area don't offer benefits.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I love my job for the most part
It can be tedious, But i have access to the net at all times, xbox breaks, nerf war breaks. And so on.
I am very good at my job,
Sadly, i work for a contract company to the local isp now, before this i was doing the same job AT the ISP. Only as a temp so i made half of what the fulltimers make. I still make the same now, but the full timers still at the ISP make double what i do and do half the work that i do. Doing the same job.

Kinda lame, knowing i could be making double, but they are removing the group all together now, so the contract company does all of it. I make decent money, deeply in the hole with student loans and other debt. But living.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I like my job. I've learned over the years not to accept jobs from certain types of people.
I prefer working for privately owned small companies. Entrepreneurs tend to have a good idea of what they want, and will understand that work ain't cheap. I enjoy working with straight forward people, and have a tendency to be 'too busy' for wishy washy people.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm retired.
My job rocks.
3rd line.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

I did. That's the problem.

This thread asks "Do you enjoy your job?" wheres the question at the link is "Is your current job your dream job?". Those are 2 different questions. As I stated, I "enjoy" my job, but it's not my "dream" job. Your question at the link doesn't jive with the question in this thread.

top topics

join