It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Don't Want Us To See That They Don't Want Us To See

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
In a recent revalation by The Memory Hole it has been uncovered that the Justice Department recently used its powers of redaction to cover up part of a Supreme Court decision that they simply did not like. This is a further indication that Ashcroft is working to turn the US into a nation absent civil liberties.

The actual posting by The Memory Hole can be found here.

The text that the DoJ found to be of such security importance as to be redacted is:

"The danger to political dissent is acute where the Government attempts to act under so vague a concept as the power to protect 'domestic security.' Given the difficulty of defining the domestic security interest, the danger of abuse in acting to protect that interest becomes apparent."

Does this frighten anyone else as much as it does me? Combine this with Free Speech Zones and the RNC may be the last place you will see peaceful protest in this nation before they start shooting.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why am I not suprised. If it acts like a NAZI, walks like a NAZI, stinks like a NAZI, squawks like a NAZI, most likely it's . . . . *pause*

*drumroll*

A NAZI!!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
chaosrain,

I agree with you and your concern is very real, but when you bring a subject like that you are going to see that the opposition will scream that you are just finding an excused to bash the administration security policies against "terror" and then they proceed to call you anti-American.

Yes since Ashcroft has been in the "injustice" department he has being allowed to do all kind of rulings in his own personal and religious agenda benefits.

It has been discussed in here before but like most political issues has been dismiss as just more dirt to the republicans but this issues affect everybody in general.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
chaosrain,

I agree with you and your concern is very real, but when you bring a subject like that you are going to see that the opposition will scream that you are just finding an excused to bash the administration security policies against "terror" and then they proceed to call you anti-American.

Yes since Ashcroft has been in the "injustice" department he has being allowed to do all kind of rulings in his own personal and religious agenda benefits.

It has been discussed in here before but like most political issues has been dismiss as just more dirt to the republicans but this issues affect everybody in general.

Thanks for your thoughts marg...I hope that folks didn't take this as simply an effort to bash the administration. Don't get me wrong, there are all sorts of things I dislike about the current administration, John Ashcroft being one of the biggest, but this was more about the whole "Deny Ignorance" thing.

I'm a huge proponent of The Memory Hole as I agree with the notion that presidential administrations (not just Republican ones) have worked very dilligently at covering their tracks and eliminating traces of dissent within 'official documents.' This is simply another effort at the same, just done by the current administration.

Frankly, I'd rather Kerry bring this kind of stuff up instead of Nat'l Guard Duty and Purple Hearts, but that would just put the issue of administrative censorship out into the open and what fun would it be to become President if you can't wield the same sword as your predecessors had?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You know you are right certain thinks are better left in the dark so to speak, in case the next president decide to follow the policies of the last president who knows, may be if kerry wins he will like the power trip too.

In my eyes is just a game.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
Does this frighten anyone else as much as it does me? ...

You have voted chaosrain for the Way Above Top Secret award.

Scares the hell out of me and I'm sitting comfortably here in Canada!

Notice how Ashcroft is the least visible member of the administration?

And when he does appear he breaks into song!

A religious zealot is in charge of Justice.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What can I say Gools, Ashcroft is a poppet and he is a religious follower and he is reciving orders from jesus incanated in the white house that received he orders by god.

And this is a joke.

new topics

top topics

join