Plan to camp/survive in the Nevada desert for 365 days

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Location: Campfire Hill, Nevada National Security Site (Groom Lake Area)

Goals:
-Document/record any and all area activity for 365 days (text, photo, video - all using low-observable methods; I.e., nothing emitting any sort of electromagnetic-wavelength, to minimize the possible 'technological' detection by others. However, with a possible implementation of a 'faraday cage'-like interior of the tent, to help block external detection of electronic devices, then the use of say a digital radio scanner, my FLIR Scout, 2nd and 3rd gen NV optics, digital telescope, and a small array of MIL-spec solar collectors/chargers for aforementioned said electronic devices, can be examined further for potential use.)
-Keep a minimal and low-observable 'footprint'/presence (i.e., desert-camouflage fatigues/ghille/hunting blind-style tent, with a MIL-spec IR blocking vinyl interior material, to better absorb/reflect IR-recording devices from 'outside sources')
-Keep weekly contact with local liaisons for the following:
--To physically transfer (exchange hands) of data accumulated throughout each week. (Is is to ensure a secure means of storing/maintaining all findings, without initially implementing the use of electronic communication devices, which could be potentially 'intercepted', acknowledged, or possibly triangulated by outside sources.
--To receive weekly supply of fresh water, MRE's (Meal Ready to Eat, for the lay-person..), and other minimal sustainence supplies.
--To have weekly trash/garbage/waste removed from site (to retain a minimal physical footprint)
-TBA
-TBA
-TBA

How this all started:
I had overheard a few colleagues of mine, also in the science/engineering field (as am I), speaking of the chances of seeing something or catching a fast mover on film (still/video), over the skies of the Nevada Test Site. One had said "Well if you go and camp out there one night, the odds of you seeing something of any special interest, would be slim; 1 in 365 - Because it'd be just your luck, that they weren't doing anything 'out of the ordinary' on that particular night/day". So my take on that was, why not increase your chances by staying a few nights... a week.. a month.. a YEAR!? You would only exponentially increase the odds and likelihood, that you'd come across something actually worth while. I am a very experienced hiker, outdoorsman, and hunter, so I do not foresee any problems with the 'extended stay' that I plan to endure, other than it being a personal challenge to myself and my way of life.

I figured, why not turn this 365 day project into an actual Film Documentary. Where after my stay has concluded, I compile all photos, videos, my daily journal, and personal experiences, into one FACTUAL video, for the public to see. I'm no amateur when it comes to photography, videography, writing, project management, etc., not to mention my professional and personal ties to the film/entertainment industry. Several of my closest friends are editors, directors, audio/video engineers, etc., that I would then outsource to, to have my findings/data transformed into a full-length, feature film.

There have seen SO many 'reality'-type movies and films done, along the lines of The Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activiy, Quarantine, The Fourth Kind, etc., etc., that have been 99.9% fiction, and based on the paranormal. These have all been ENORMOUSLY successful in the box office, as well as after dvd-release. On the contrary, there have been VERY, very few like-films or movies, that are based on factual evidence, yet related to Government 'Black Projects' or 'UFO's' - Of which, I believe, would have a rather fair chance amongst the aforementioned 'paranormal' counterparts.

I plan on further tying down the specifics and such, here throughout the next several months - With the provisional steps of procuring supplies, contacts, etc., and ultimately, setting out on this 365 day 'stakeout' taking place in the Spring of 2012, with the tentative release of the film/documentary to be in the Winter of 2013 (that is, if '2012' doesn't take place... LOL)

There is no immediate limitation to my funding for this project. So any/all recommendations, advice, information, questions, comments, concerns, as well as your support, is more than welcome!! I plan to implement any useful information brought forward by anyone, as well as revising/changing any plans or preconceptions, to better format the project and/or process(es) for a better overall experience and end-result.

Many thanks to all, in advance, and I am truly excited about this endeavor!!!

edit on 11/7/2011 by weavty1 because: Typographical and grammatical errors

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

I really like your avatar

Oh and gl I guess

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Surprised no one has thought of this before, this has the potential to be a really cool thing if you did it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
make team

ask people to join , have multiple camp grounds but linked together to make a mini community

im sure some ats members would be down to go out for a year , live cave man style with a few luxuries.

more people , more security , more equpment.

I might be down depending time of year and what not . I think it would be fun experince. and to watch you so you don't try and pull some cute led flying kites type footage wink wink nudge nudge lol

I doubt you will find anything though , be such a silly place to test out something secret. I would go to an island somewhere to do all my dirty secret work, that way evidence can fall in ocean insead of land . lol

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I really like the idea, if there is anything strange actually going on, I agree that this will make for an awesome film. If there is nothing to see there, will you move on? Will you be going back and forth to towns to get provisions or will you be alone and want to stay on your own for the experience of solitude. None the less if good luck! I admire your courage to camp out for a year, I bet it will be a life changing experience.

Do you think you will get in trouble or harassed by law enforcement for doing this?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Agreed, and will start to log/track great ideas, such as this one! Fantastic!

As for LED-strewn kites or paper airplanes, hahaha.. I'm not one for fraud or hoaxes. Well said though! At least then, it would be a truly transparent project, so that the accountability wouldn't rest just on myself, but can be attested to by others.

Great, thanks for your input!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
probably not the best idea to lay out your entire plan on a site that is most likely monitored by the government... I hope that you do not disappear while you are out there or "die from mysterious circumstances"

bring lots of sunblock! enjoy, it will be VERY hard for you to be undetected especially if you plan to have people bringing you things, also there is motion sensing ground triggers EVERYWHERE within a wide range of the bases along with satellite tracking, UAV security drones with infrared, ect, ect

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I've spent the last few weeks researching Lincoln County's LEC's (Law Enforcement Codes), Nevada State Law, as well as having contacted a couple Lincoln County Sherrif's, and the Lincoln County Dstrict Attorney. They all say that is public land, and is free to camp year-round. I had asked about photos/video, and the need for a permit, they said that unless it's involving a 'crew' (consisting of more than 2 persons, including myself), than no. However, I do still want to get in touch with the State Parks Dept. and State Highway Patrol/NVDPS (Department of Public Safety), to attain solid confirmation of this.

Either way, in response to your question.. 'If nothing seems to materialize of things....' I will continue to stay until the 365 days has been completed. Having studied film and journalism, for a short bit, I'm pretty confident that I could still put together a very solid piece of work/film.

I have absolutely no doubts, that I can manage to put together a nice presentation of it all, after 'the dust settles' with my stay in the Nevada desert!

Thanks for your support and info, man!
edit on 11/7/2011 by weavty1 because: Double-linked 'reply to' BBcode, removed copy

edit on 11/7/2011 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Haha, well more than anything, I'm mainly speaking of others in the area, besides the EG&G contractors (camo dudes), as far as being detected, goes.

If the weekly visits from my outside liaisons, were to attract attention, they'd be more than likely discerned as visitors to the area, just checking out the view, etc. And regarding EG&G, they are nothing more than the physical eyes and ears, outside the gates of Groom Lake. Automated-sensors, remote-operated sensors/surveillance, manned-Air Patrol, UAV's, etc, are the initial eyes and ears for the base, and if anything is picked up, depending on the level of security [threat], the EG&G boys are notified to go check things out, and worst-case scenario, a nice little matte-black MH-60G Pave Hawk would pay the 'security threat' a visit, if things appear to be more of a true security threat of course.

All of which, I'm not too worried about. I'm stating my purposes here, publicly, and plan to camp out there, publicly. Any free person in the United States can do the exact same thing, that I plan on doing. If I DO happen to find something of particular interest while I'm out there, then I will address such, when/if said interest, arises. If need-be, I do have legal counsel that I can refer to, after the project comes to a close, regarding any possible issues that might present themselves, prior to wrapping production and hitting the cutting room floor.

I think things will go smoothly, as I'm not your typical 'tin-foil wearing individual'. Moreover, I'm a very well-educated professional and business person, with no means of 'foiling' (hehe, there was an unintentional pun there! LOL) the authorities, or hidden agenda to exploit corruption of the Gov't, etc., etc., like most other documentary film makers, I.e., Michael Moore. I actually have MUCH respect for authority, as well as my country.

Thanks again for your input and thoughts!!! Keep it coming guys!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Hey I'm down for this, where do I sign up?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have first hand experience with the "Camo Dudes" and I would bet that there's no way they're going to let you do this. You will get all your gear confiscated at least, and at worst you could very well disappear. I've camped out there before... They have surveillance you can't even see. They will know you're coming before you're even anywhere close to the site, and nevermind what laws you've looked up... When it comes to these guys they make their own rules.

If you really do this I wish you good luck... You're gonna need it!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Good luck....

But I don't recommend eating MRE's for any lengthy amount of time.
You may need to bring a laxative...
I would definitely use other means for nutrition.

Any trip in the wilderness for a year is remarkable to acheive.
Doing it to gather information is even better.
Getting anything on film would be a bonus.
Just be prepared for any possible scenario and don't pack light...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Agreed! I would eat 1 MRE each day, and have other items of nutrition to sustain my health [and Chuck Norris physique].

Very valid points, and respectfully, must agree! Thank you for your post!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You need to check with the BLM. I believe you have to "move" every two weeks. I ran into a nomad that the BLM was hassling. His technique was to save a store receipt to prove he left his "spot" in the last two weeks.

Groom tests are flown very low over the base when the moon isn't out. Don't expect to see much. I assume test articles gain altitude over the range, far away from the border. It is no secret these days that Travis AFB sends KC-10 Sierra 99 to Groom for early AM tests. (I kept that a secret for a few years until people started blabbing on the net.) On the scanner, they call it the Bluebird.

Unless you #occupytikaboo, I don't expect you will see much. However, the base will occasionally deliberately show you something. For instance, they wanted to make it very clear that the US was investigating the SU-27. The used SU-27 wooden decoys at Creech in plain view from the highway. They flew the SU-27 between sessions of Red Flag when they knew photographers were around. They even flew it when Tikaboo was occupied.

Your film would be far more interesting if you occupied Tikaboo or the camp on the false summit and interviewed visitors. That way you would have more action than just dots in the sky.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I was hoping that you would chime-in on the subject, sir!

I had also looking into that possibility, pertaining to 'not being able to stay planted in any one area for longer than x-days'. So I'll be more well-prepared for that, in-case that issue arises - However, I will continue to investigate further scenarios, which would result in a 'plan-B' action. Thanks for pointing that out to me!

As for 'new moon' phases or obscured moonlight flights, that's why I will have my FLIR and 'thankfully borrowed' Gen 2 and/or Gen 3 NV goggles, at the ready. I had also planned to document visiting with other 'interested visitors', that would be in the area, a couple folks from Rachel, Alamo, and other nearby areas (that I have fortunately befriended during other past visits to the area), and who knows who else I might come upon! I'd actually like to get an 'obscured' interview with possible local retired (OR active) LEO - I think that'd be pretty phenomenal as well.

Thanks for the information, Gariac!! I always enjoy reading through your posts/threads! You're a very educated/informed (or just bored and wandering), gentleman! haha
I'd like to actually talk with you a little more on the idea, throughout the planning stages, for some better direct-input on the matter, if you wouldn't mind?

Thanks again sir, I'm definitely looking forward to this project.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well it sure is an interesting plan, though there is one question that I want to ask you, what specifically is it that you hope to observe and document throughout the 365 days?
Any specific prior understanding of what you are looking for?

I'm just asking, because if you are really planning to stay for that long then there must be something that caught your attention, the secrecy of the base alone wouldn't be a reason for me to stay there for that amount of time, and obviously any beforehand knowledge of current projects there would greatly aid your endeavours.
In all honesty, I would rather spend a year trying to find those who work there and establish a trusting relationship with them to get right to the details that I want to obtain. At least I imagine that method to be far more successful than camping in the "near" vicinity of the base.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

Great question and a very intriguing 'plan of attack', as well.

There are several reasons as to why I plan to camp out for that long of a duration:

1) I have no particular knowledge of specific 'suspect' aircraft, that I am trying to capture or document - Simply wanting to discover what one would see out in the desolate Nevada desert, among the other 364 days of the year, had someone visited for a day and saw 'x, y, z'. This is mentioned in my original post.

2) To capture the experience of myself, the general area, local residents/visitors, and the overall atmosphere/ambiance of the 'unknown' that lies within the world's most secret stretch of land, [un]known to man.

3) Comprehensive documentation [of the above #2] to be dissected and examined to it's full extent, and further compile the said documentation and film, into an entertaining/FACTUAL/suspenseful motion picture. This film would be among the likes of the 'found footage' mockumentary-type genre, similar to 'The Blair Witch Project', 'Paranormal Activity', 'The Fourth Kind', etc. - However, the film would be 100% factual, without any 'cutting room floor' trickery or convenient sequencing of events, to exaggerate any effect on the audience.

I have done a private study regarding the film industry, studios, and filmmakers, regarding this particular genre. With movies such as 'Paranormal Activity 3', recently breaking October box-office records, Hollywood will literally throw money and green-light at just about any thriller you can 'shake a handheld camera at' (pun-intended, lol). Not to mention, I think that the public's general consensus on the idea, would be truly astounded and blown away.

Thanks again for the questions!!
edit on 11/8/2011 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I think the other BLM requirement is to stay 50ft from any deeded or patented property.

I would ditch the tent if you are not on Tikaboo. They will know you are out there, so the tent accomplishes nothing. If you actually get someone to front the money for this project, I would suggest a Dodge Sprinter 4wd converted van. Get satellite internet. You could promote the film with a blog and the occasional coming attraction video. Equip the van with surveillance gear, preferably with motion detection on the cameras. Scanner of course.

NV tubes will not help much. You need magnification to see what is flying. Magnification means less light. Twice the magnification, one quarter the light. The signal to noise ratio drops with less light.

I will have to dig up the reference, but there are image sensors based on avalanche schemes. I think Panasonic is selling one. They are used in meteor tracking.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Already looked into that as well - Unfortunately, that's a no-go.

Lincoln County, Nevada - County Code:

13-16-1: RECREATIONAL VEHICLES

A. Definitions: For the purpose of this chapter, the term "recreation vehicle" means any motor vehicle or trailer designed and used as a travel trailer, camper, motor home, tent trailer, boat, boat trailer, snowmobile trailer, camping trailer, used for overnight accommodations, or for any similar purpose.

B. Dimensions: For the purposes of this chapter, a "recreational vehicle" is defined as being equal to or less than forty feet (40') in length, eight and one-half feet (81/2') in width (in travel configuration).

C. Storage: In areas zoned for residential purposes, including multiple-family areas, a recreational vehicle may be stored in a garage, side or rear yard. Recreational vehicles shall not be stored in the front yard of any lot, unless stored on a driveway. Such recreational vehicles shall not occupy more than ten percent (10%) of the area of the lot which the main building occupies.

D. Occupation:
1. It shall be unlawful to occupy any recreational vehicle for residence purposes anywhere in the county except in a duly established trailer or RV park maintained in accordance with the ordinances of the county, however, occupation for a period up to, but not more than, fourteen (14) consecutive days shall not be considered a violation of this section, provided said RV is removed from the location for a minimum of fourteen (14) days before being occupied again.
2. An exception shall be made for an RV to be used as a residence for a period up to six (6) months, while construction is ongoing for a main residence on the same property, provided a special use permit is obtained through the county planning process.

E. Penalty: Any person, firm, or corporation violating any provision of this section shall be fined not less than twenty dollars ($20.00) or more than five hundred dollars ($500.00) for each offense and a separate offense shall be deemed committed on each day during which a violation occurs or continues. (Ord. 2005-10, 1-3-2006)

So, yeah, I have funding and such - but not $175,500 worth of fines.. haha ($500/day x 341 days)

Absolutely love the idea though!! EXACT same thoughts that I had - You and I think alike! haha

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Good camp out I will help I met all the aliens you would want to see, I am in charge I decide who stays and who goes talk to me it is my planet I do not need any proof. The Best. P. S. Their space ships are amature and are old. And all gone. Like them.
edit on 8-11-2011 by AL BOLK because: I saw their ships gave me a personal fly-by twice two different species.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join