It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy test for OBE..can you OBE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Okay so I was thinking about OBEs and other less intangible stuff and I figured why not just get everyone who claims they can OBE do a little test

So you need two people, a piece of paper and a marker or pen. (marker can make bigger letters)

The first is the OBE person, whoever thinks they can OBE.

The second is the observer.

They can both be in the same room.

So the first does whatever they have to to get ready.
Now when the OBE person is ready, the scond writes on a piece of paper. (letter, number, word, colour)

Now the second holds over their head.
While the OBE person does the OBE and reads what it says...

Does it work..you tell me

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Why would they hold it over their head? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? I think it's best to be in completely separate places, as it may be easier to OBE for one person without any distractions and no way that they could cheat.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
From what I know and think I understand of psychology and the makeup of the human mind, an OBE is simply the same thing as a lucid dream. You are not interacting in some astral existence, but rather are dreaming in such a way that it feels "real," and you are able to make conscious decisions.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

No, it's literally your astral body leaving your physical and literally moving around in real time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well the reason for the obsever to hold the paper over their head is so the OBE person can read it...

I always hear that OBE people see their own body from above right, so they are looking down at their body.
So the paper is held so when they look down............they can read it..... or see it

Also i figure in the same room is easier than going to the next room

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What does OBE stand for?
Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
haha sorry OBE is
O-out of
B-Body
E-Experience

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Derp. I feel stupid. Thanks lol

Where did you get this test from?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't know..my thinking machine
I worked it till smoke came out
lulz

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Okay so I was thinking about OBEs and other less intangible stuff and I figured why not just get everyone who claims they can OBE do a little test

So you need two people, a piece of paper and a marker or pen. (marker can make bigger letters)

The first is the OBE person, whoever thinks they can OBE.

The second is the observer.

They can both be in the same room.

So the first does whatever they have to to get ready.
Now when the OBE person is ready, the scond writes on a piece of paper. (letter, number, word, colour)

Now the second holds over their head.
While the OBE person does the OBE and reads what it says...

Does it work..you tell me

There's been better controlled tests than that done. Like an object in a different room with the back of the object facing the room with the OBE'rs in it and once the OBE'rs is up and about they had to give a full desciption of the object from all angles.
edit on 7-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

I did say easy test, not controlled scientificaly validating test...
Why so serioussss
lulz

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I did say easy test, not controlled scientificaly validating test...
Why so serioussss
lulz

Hey if you're gonna go for it why play
A test that is to easy falls into the lines of probability. Btw you said little test, not easy test, though the one I mentioned should be easy if one could OBE at will.
edit on 7-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
all i can say on the subject is,it is real.the trick is doing it at will,havent done it yet but based on my experience i say its dam real. it is a out of body experience
edit on 7-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

No way it says easy test right in the title

See it is the big letters at the top
lulz

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

No way it says easy test right in the title

See it is the big letters at the top
lulz

Oh so it does.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I entirely agree with this thread, you need to validate that it is a true OBE and not a lucid dream. I have been running a similar test for several years where I draw random cards from a folded deck and place them on a shelf above my line of vision (I don't look at the cards unless I see them in an OBE and need to validate). I have had 7 cases that match the description of OBE's and 3 of those times I can conclusively say that they were not real OBE's (which I would define as leaving your physical body as the term suggests). Those three times I returned to my body with false evidence. The other times I was unable to gather any provable evidence.

new topics

top topics

join