It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Very Odd and Random Dream...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Last night, I had another one of my very strange and random dreams that makes no sense at all to me - I have no idea why I would dream it at all. Any comments are appreciated.

I can't remember every single detail now, but I can still remember most of it...

The dream started off with a group of people I've never met before and myself "treasure hunting". We were exploring some sort of underground caves, that had spots where we had to swim underwater to get from one chamber to the next, and this "cave" was inside of a large hill or something simliar, as we moved from chamber to chamber (or room to room), we kept going up to where we could eventually look out of a "window" and see several buildings below us.

At the very start of the dream, one of the men in the group had become greedy and wanted all of the findings for himself; he pulled out a small gun, such as a pistol, and demanded everything we found be turned over to him. He proceeded to fire the gun at several of us, and if I remember correctly, I was shot in the leg. But, the rest of the group and I were eventually (pretty quickly) able to stop him, and we tied him down then beat him til he was unconscious.. and we were able to get away.

From here we went on to continue exploring the different "chambers" of the "cave" - as the dream went on it seemed more like a underground building of some kind. Different rooms / chambers had different things in them. Most had the usual "treasure" - gold, jewels, etc... but a few had things like old pictures, antiques, etc... and for whatever reason I can remember finding a strange pack of cigarettes -- they were Camels and had the name of man written on them along with a series of numbers including 911. I remember asking somebody why numbers were on it, and they gave me a very strange answer - telling me that the numbers represented the generations of the person's name - I cannot remember what the name was now, but it was very strange - because the person explaining it was saying it was like like "John the 911th" - as if whoever the person was had kept the same name from son to son over 900 times - like 900 "juniors" ???

From here on the dream just kept getting stranger and stranger; we continued moving up through the various chambers until eventually they turned into actual rooms, as if we were in some very tall building... as we continued, we found a few more random items, a few "rooms" that were completely empty, then a few that looked like somebody else was already there before us... eventually, as we got near the top of this "building" or whatever it was, we discovered a "room" where people were living - in my mind I assumed they were squatters looking for a place to live. I cannot remember any names, but I can remember that everyone we talked to were very friendly, and I can still sort of see their faces in my mind's eye but it's too "blurry" for me to sit down and draw, or to describe... One of the people we met was a girl with blonde hair that I seemed to know from somewhere else - I can remember us asking them why they were there and if they had found any "treasure", but all I can remember them saying was how one of the girls with them discovered a few things that were worth 18 million dollars, and that she had decided to leave them behind ???

The only other things I can recall where that some of the "rooms" up higher had things like TV's and DVD players - which were completely out of place, and that when one of the people told me their phone number, the numbers were "backwards" ... as in the number started with 0.. like 082-5555 - instead of 555-5082.

Does any of this make ANY sense to anyone or am I just going crazy?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I had that same dream myself this past week. It is a recurring dream and is like a paradise with these secret rooms. I remember thinking this last time that I was so upset that other people had found my secret place. In the dream I had thought that I was the only one that knew how to get there.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bookreader

Wow really? That's pretty weird.. you're not a cute looking girl with blond hair are you?

It wasn't a "secret place" or anything like that for me, but it's not a recurring dream for me either... unless I have it again.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
But I think that I just realized that my similar dream is about IMVU. If you go to imvu.com there are all of these rooms and it is like paradise where you listen to music, explore, swing on swings, ride animals, go on boats, etc etc...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bookreader

? I have no clue what that is, and my dream wasn't like that at all. There were a lot of different chambers / rooms, but there wasn't all kinds of different things going on - Like I said it was me and a group of treasure hunters - I don't know why we were there or how we found the place. The dream started off with us already being there. It was completely random to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Hello. I have seen threads like this , off and on for along time now but I had to post on this one. I have never had dreams in my life that couldn't be explained. i.e. something I say or said or heard etc always explained them but!!! I have to tell you, I have had dreams lately that are unexplainable in content etc . There is no reason or association that could be causing them. I am not going to go into details at this time about them but I can tell you this. Last night I had one that had multiple people in it and their faces were clear as if it were real life. I don't know any of the faces but they were so clear I could draw them if I were an artist.. S?F op thx

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Sounds to me like you're battling with yourself on how much value to put on material things.

The blonde girl is telling you to leave them behind. The fact that you put question marks after the statement that a girl who left a treasure worth millions behind, leads me to believe that you might not be willing to do the same, and wonders why one would do so.

Maybe all of the generations of "John" were people who came before you who were unable to give up their materialistic ways or maybe it just represents the "average" person believing the same way you do.

The number zero represents your super-consciousness.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
[more

Interesting...
'John the 911th' really jumped out at me when I read your post. Could be pertinent information. From books I've read and dream interpretors I've talked to, numbers and names have resonance/meaning. Also words/language; i.e. in your dream you ask something or are having a conversation and 'someone' answers - What they say in response is apparently worth paying attention to...
Who is 'John' to you? Is it Biblical?
9-11 could be the 9th of November? Could be reference to The Twin Towers...?
The backward phone numbers...Any of those numbers or sequence mean anything to you? Friends phone number? SS #?
Could of course just be random...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Hey Cherub thanks, I've had dreams like this my entire life, and I'm 30 years old now. Most of the time the people in them are people that I actually know in reality, but occasionally they're not - in this dream I described, I had never met anyone in it before - it was as if I was living another life somewhere.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Thanks determined, I can see your point and can agree with you on some level - but, you took part of what I was saying in the wrong way and I'm sorry for that because I was actually going to edit it and reword it the other night but decided to just leave it alone at the time. When I was talking about the girl who had found treasures worth 18 million dollars and left, I meant that she had took the treasures and left the people that were living there, not that she had left the treasures behind.... but again, it is sort of a personal issue for myself because I'm currently unemployed, just turned 30, and instead of having a job and starting out raising a family, I'm instead faced with fighting cancer, while my younger sister is much more "successful", and just recently got engaged. In a way I am jealous of her; but it's more of the idea that I just wish things were different than they are.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Thank you 5senses, I also can relate to what you're saying. I wish I could remember the person's exact name - I'm not sure if it was John or not, I was just putting "John" to show that there was a name.. I actually saw the first and last name followed by the numbers, but I have no idea why or what they mean - it just sticks out - Like I said, it was also very strange how one of the people told me that it was the 911th person with the same name - I don't know how else to describe it, it was like if I had a son and named him after myself, and then he had a son and did the same, and that pattern continued over and over again for over hundreds of generations - doesn't make a lot of sense to me at all.. and yes, the backwards phone numbers were also very strange, but it was focusing on the idea that the numbers were backwards, not what the actual numbers were... all I can really remember about the phone number was that it started with a 0, that's why it jumped out at me, and why I remember the idea that it was backwards. I do not remember the entire "phone number"
edit on 8-11-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I want to do your post justice OP but it is almost dinner time for me. I will give you some insight as I see it and will try to add to it as I get a moment.

The cave is your subconscious. Swimming is you exploring your subconscious. It's interesting that you have others with you. Do you know these people? I suppose they could be spirit guides. I will describe the water being a type of purification mechanism. The windows represent conscious you.

Just from what little I have read, is there something you are exploring subconsciously that is essential to you - YOU? Are you feeling lost right now and need guidance? This isn't a general question. This is something extremely important to you.
edit on 8-11-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

The man in the dream attempted to disrupt your lesson. Obviously, he didn't succeed.
edit on 8-11-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Yes I am feeling very lost and confused, again I'm 30 years old, unemployed, and fighting cancer. I know it's not my time to go, but I still don't really know why I'm here - I've had strange dreams and strange things happen to me throughout my entire life. I totally feel like next year is NOT the end of the world, but instead the end of the way things are now and the beginning of the next "stage" for lack of a better explanation. I've felt this way for at least 5 or 6 years now and have been patiently waiting, as best as I can anyway.

I'd like to do all kinds of different things, but I have a problem with focusing myself on just one of them.

edit on 8-11-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think

Thanks determined, I can see your point and can agree with you on some level - but, you took part of what I was saying in the wrong way and I'm sorry for that because I was actually going to edit it and reword it the other night but decided to just leave it alone at the time. When I was talking about the girl who had found treasures worth 18 million dollars and left, I meant that she had took the treasures and left the people that were living there, not that she had left the treasures behind.... but again, it is sort of a personal issue for myself because I'm currently unemployed, just turned 30, and instead of having a job and starting out raising a family, I'm instead faced with fighting cancer, while my younger sister is much more "successful", and just recently got engaged. In a way I am jealous of her; but it's more of the idea that I just wish things were different than they are.

Thanks for the clarification! That definitely turns things around, doesn't it?

This leads me to believe that the man robbing you in the beginning might be the cancer, making you feel like it's robbing you of your life. Thank God you beat him unconscious!

Maybe the blonde girl represents your sister (since you seemed to know her) as finding the best treasures and moving on without you and the others.

Maybe John is John 9:11 - "He replied, "The man they call Jesus made some mud and put it on my eyes. He told me to go to Siloam and wash. So I went and washed, and then I could see." Wow! A verse about how Jesus healed the blind man! He's going to heal you and open your eyes to the truth!

Every time you climb higher or reach a higher room, you're moving to a higher level of consciousness.

Maybe the television in the upper room represents telepathy or being tuned in and receiving this information. Not sure what to make of the DVD player unless you're meant to replay this information or remember it.

In any case, it sure sounds to me like God is telling you that he's going to heal you and help you "beat" that cancer totally. I'm sure the rest will fall into place as long as you have faith in him, keep your eyes open and let him lead you the rest of the way to the top!

edit on 8-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Wow that is really crazy - I hope you're right

I'm totally with you on the first 2 parts, but I still seem like the part about John 9:11 is something different, for a couple reasons.. first of all, the name was a signature on a pack of old camel cigarettes - I used to smoke Camels, so that makes sense where I got the idea from.. but the actual name I cannot remember - I'm about 90% sure the first name was John - Johnathan in full, but there was also a last name that I cannot remember.. and the numbers 911 were written as 9-11-(with another number here, that I cannot remember). Again when I asked about the numbers in my dream I was answered but the only idea I got from it was that this person had passed their name down over 900 times. I do not know how else to explain this or understand what it could mean. It would be like if Dad was John, he had a son named John (junior) who had a son named John (John III), and continuing on and on over 900 times - that is why I put the question marks.

It IS possible that the numbers were 9-11-2011 (which would be REALLY crazy, as in they are the numbers dated on this post... ) Your name isn't John is it?
edit on 9-11-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Let's see if we can break it down by dream symbols until something rings a bell with you.

Meanings:

John - "God is gracious", "Gift from God, "God has given"

#9 - Finish, Completion

#11 - Mastery, Intuition, Spirituality, Enlightenment

#2 - (If you add them all together to a single digit) Double weakness or double strength, division, soul, receptivity, subconscious mind.

Camel - Carries large burdens, represents stamina and patience

Cigarettes - addiction, reliant on someone or something? (This might have several meanings.)

I don't know what else to say about the name John. It's a Hebrew name that's been handed down for over 911 years and has always been the most common name until the middle of the 20th century.

Hope this helps. This is all I have based on what your "DVD" recorded. LOL!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Hey it makes more sense to me than anything else, thanks again for taking the time to post on here. I've always had very vivid strange dreams, when I was little I used to have Deja Vu alot because what I would dream would end up actually happening a few days later; it would always be the most random thing, I guess that's why I would remember. Funny stuff like riding my bike into a mail box

I even got into the habit of writing them down for a while, but sort of stopped doing it for whatever reason.. maybe I'll start again.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I've become rather obsessed myself with trying to figure out the "John" scenario and the emphasis you have placed on it as being some kind of generational thing.

So, I kept wondering if there was something significant about the father/son relationship. I was actually repeating these words in my head over and over. Father to son, father to son, father to son. Father passing name onto son, father passing name onto son, etc.

Then I came back to read your post over again to let it sink in further when I realized how you typed it out. I know that you had some issues with the way you worded this dream in the beginning, but do you think it was a mistake that you typed out, "the name of man was written on it"? Yes, it's easy to leave out the word "a", but I don't think this was a coincidence. I really do believe that the name "John" refers to all man and not just 911 of them.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if "John" represents all man, and if it means "Gift from God" or "God has Given", I can't help but think this is all about God giving us his son, and his name being taught and passed on from generation to generation. And yes, I do believe that God's son, Jesus, will return to save (911) mankind one day.

So, I believe this dream has a dual message for you. John 911 to represent saving mankind and John 9:11 to heal you. The fact that you had to swim through water to get to the message should tell you something, as swimming through clear water represents spiritual activity and healing in dreams.

So, unless you know someone named John (with lots of kids) who is in need of a 911 call themselves, I got nothing! LOL!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

You just make me wish I remembered what the last name was even more, only other details I can remember were that the name looked like it was written in ink - like an old fashioned signature with one of those quill tipped pens...

I thought this was interesting:

PEN / PENCIL
Spiritual Meaning:
The ability to transcribe and translate spiritual knowledge into recognizable images and to keep a record of that information is a necessary part of personal development.

en.mimi.hu...

new topics

top topics

join