It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zell Miller on Zell Miller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here's ol' Zell himself talkin' Kerry up.
Talk about flip-flopping.

Introduction of Senator John Kerry
Democratic Party of Georgia's Jefferson-Jackson Dinner

Thursday 01 March 2001

It is good to be back in Georgia and to be with you. I have been coming to these dinners since the 1950s, and have missed very few.

I'm proud to be Georgia's junior senator and I'm honored to serve with Max Cleland, who is as loved and respected as anyone in that body. One of our very highest priorities must be to make sure this man is re-elected in 2002 so he can continue to serve this state and nation.

I continue to be impressed with all that Governor Barnes and Lieutenant Governor Taylor and the Speaker and the General Assembly are getting done over at the Gold Dome. Georgia is fortunate to have this kind of leadership.

My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders - and a good friend.

He was once a lieutenant governor - but he didn't stay in that office 16 years, like someone else I know. It just took two years before the people of Massachusetts moved him into the United States Senate in 1984.

In his 16 years in the Senate, John Kerry has fought against government waste and worked hard to bring some accountability to Washington.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sorry.. I couldn't stop laughing.

Here's the link:
www.truthout.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
They were talking about this last night. The big joke was "Did Kerry steal his parking space or something?" I was rolling around laughing at that one. Good post ECK.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
ECK, I was interested in finding out how Miller could go from voting for liberals to being a pit bull attacking him. Chris Matthews asked him that last night after thier verbal fight and this is what Miller said. He said that he did not know how the party really worked until he got to Washington and saw what went on in the corners of the Senate within his party. This explains why he supported Kerry early on. remember, he was a replacement when John Cloverdale passed away, so he had not seen the real inside story. I think this is why he was so adament in his attack on Kerry. "Me thinks he has measured him, and found him wanting."

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A co-worke was just saying how downright crazy Miller sounded last night. He brought up Miller saying to Matthews "..if we were living in another time, I'd challenge you to a duel."

Sounds like the man got bid by a rabid dog.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Zell says he has no further plans for political office, but his 'change' seems to have occured around the time Georgia elected their first Republican Gov. in ages, as well as a majority in the state legis. Maybe he thinks he'll slide into a job with them, when he gets back??

I heard a mention on the news that he had a book to sell, and was fishing for some notoriety to help sales.

Did he think he should have gotten feelers from the Dem HQ for a job higher up??

I heard him telling his 'reasons' for switching loyalties, but it just didn't sound good enough to me. Maybe time will tell more.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just another "jump on the bandwagon" politician....sigh! I hope he realizes his career may very well be over after this.

PS- Does anyone have a link or something for the video of Miller on CNN? I saw the one with him on Crossfire, which was hysterically funny, but not the one on CNN.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
jrsdls, if finding out what went on behind the scenes in his party 'turned' him, what will he do when he finds out what goes on behind the scenes in the other camp?? They aren't likely to 'let him in on' the real dirt while he's still technically a democrat--are they??

[edit on 2-9-2004 by frayed1]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Here's ol' Zell himself talkin' Kerry up.
Talk about flip-flopping.

The Zell Miller quote that you posted was from March 2001. 9/11 changed people and the world. Miller has every right to change his views on Kerry. It is possible that he still likes Kerry and still believes some of the things he said on 3/01 to be true. He could think that Kerry is the greatest, nicest, hardest working guy in the world, but bottom line is that Miller does not think that Kerry has what it takes to be the next President. That is not a flip flop.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Is it me or did it seem like Miller took a few lessons from Rev. Al Sharpton on speeches?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Here's another take on Zig Zag Zell.

Spite and Venom Day
A Turncoat and a Profiteer
By JACK RANDOM

When Senator Zell Miller took the stage on the third night of the Republican National Convention, the president's supporters were confronted with a rabid dog, a mean spirited and vindictive assault on the character of his own party's leader, a cry to war reminiscent of General Patton's rallying of the troops. In an atmosphere of war frenzy and rage, Americans at home were allowed to catch a glimpse of the grave danger we now face. How easy it is to stir a partisan mob's irrational rage and how difficult it is to restore reason.

Senator Miller should be reminded that it is possible to regard those whose views are diametrically opposed to one's own with respect, even admiration. It is also possible to disdain someone whose political agenda is consonant with one's own because his actions or motives dishonor an otherwise honorable cause.

Who is this man, this raging warmonger with so little regard for the facts or appreciation for the cold, hard realities of the day? That the war and occupation have been mishandled, that the rationale for war has been discredited, and that the situation on the ground is untenable, are facts that the president himself has admitted. To claim, at this late stage, that to characterize our presence in Iraq as an occupation (rather than a liberation) is somehow dishonorable is so far beyond the scope of reason it begs the question: What is the Senator's dog in this fight?
www.counterpunch.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
jrsdls, if finding out what went on behind the scenes in his party 'turned' him, what will he do when he finds out what goes on behind the scenes in the other camp?? They aren't likely to 'let him in on' the real dirt while he's still technically a democrat--are they??

Personally, I don't know what Zell Miller found out. I'm just repeating what he told Chris Matthews. I don't think any of us really knows what goes on in the halls of the senate and Congress. After being an intelligence analyst for over 20 years I can say that the American people rarely know the whole story. Everything is compartmented and what gets out is twisted and changed to protect the methods or sources.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ZELLaphant might have been caught on film/camera gettin frisky with his britches round his skinny ankles, too. Ya just never know.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here's the deal on the new Zell. It says it all.

After almost losing his job in 1994 to Republican outrage by being such a big "liberal" down in Gawgia as to take the racist imagery off the flag, he wised up and started pandering to them like you have to do down here.

By 2002 he was taking contributions from Philip Morris and is now an official Washington Lobbyist (such a principled man) working as a consultant for good ol red smokey.

If you don't know the love that big tobacco and the RNC share, ask me sometime. I used to work for RJR.

[edit on 2-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Interesting... Thanks for that info. RANT. But wait!

Now I need a cigerette!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Interesting... Thanks for that info. RANT. But wait!

Now I need a cigerette!

Yup, the Republicans have me by the gonads there too. I support them at three packs a day.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Youch! I'm right behind ya at two packs.

I'll havta try harder.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Uh, Rant...

It was Roy Barnes that actually took the 'imagery' off the flag. And he did lose his job for it --to a Republican no less, and one that 'pandered' to those folks by promising them a chance to vote on the flag issue. ( But he - the republican-had the last laugh. He took that flag out of the running, offering 3 new designs instead)

Zell carefully zigged his way around it during his term.

BTW, EastCoast, thanks for that 'vision'--it' priceless!! I'm in a little better humor now!!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
He did do a "flip flop" but at least he explained why he did it.

He explained how he was a Democrate, and them also explained why hes supposrting Bush, so yes he "flip floped" but he had a good reason to do so.

... still he has a habit of doing these "flip flops" so just that fact discredits him IMO.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
Zell carefully zigged his way around it during his term.

You're right. I should have said "supported" a change, not made one. He did catch heat, so I'm not suprised he zagged.

I had already forgetton about Gov Barnes until you just mentioned it.

Probably trying to supress memories of that tool Steve Barnes on 99x.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join