It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LYNX Advert- Happy End of the World - A mocking gesture from secret societies? Or just a clever add

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I remember that ad and thinking it was pretty cool to advertise a premium rate text service in such a way. Better than the cheap and tacky ad involving several models pointing and laughing as if having conversations, bright pink letters and a voiceiver saying "CALL NOOOOOOW!!"

Whoever made that youtube video about the ad has way too much time on their hands though and probably need to get out more.

It's as I said in another post, people are paid to create memorable and creative ads that get people to think about the product and consider using it. A lot of people I knew over the years all agreed that "it isn't really Christmas until the Coca Cola ad with the trucks is on tv" for that reason because it's memorable and creative.

Clearly some people (such as the guy who created that vid) would rather we see ads in black and white and printed in simple letters rather than make things fun and refreshing.

Does he go to Egypt, see the pyramids and instantly cry "OMG, Illuminati conspiracy!" cause I wouldn't doubt that for a second.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
have you ever looked closely at the little U symbol on the back of their products ? I've always been very suspicious about what those little symbols stood for....

had a look on their site and this is what they say they represent.....

any thoughts.....

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I can understand where you are coming from but to be honest i see things slightly different. I am a religious person and so I have a slightly different slant on life (i am assuming you are not religious, sorry for the assumption)

I don’t think that anyone can deny that there are secret societies and those who practice witch craft and the occult... the only thing really up for debate is whether they (and all religious/spiritual people) are worshiping something in their imagination or something real.

And so i guess for me, as a believer, it feels like there are many things that i am witnessing that indicate certain religious warnings coming to pass.

For arguments sake lets say that it is all in the imagination... there is no God, no Devil, no such thing as witchcraft... that still leaves some very disturbed people practicing some dangerous rituals. And this is where my OP comes in. I believe that they are possibly trying to influence other people into accepting or joining their ways. They are trying to make their practices more palatable... or maybe they are just mocking us... i think a little of both.

As I said, i am a believer... however i am not arrogant enough to shove my beliefs down other’s throats in an attempt to convert people to my way of thinking... like i say... just my beliefs mixed with what i am witnessing.

Maybe i am wrong... maybe i am write... only time will tell.

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
yes i saw the add and my ATS senses shot into action!
also notice the current BT British Telicom Add

this has hints of alien invasion or meteor impact and a mention
of 2012 in there "infinity" range of adds in the UK (there are a few in the range)
but a common theme,the Olympic one mentions 2012

[yvidwww.youtube.com...[/yvid]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join