It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LYNX Advert- Happy End of the World - A mocking gesture from secret societies? Or just a clever add

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
OK... first i would just like to say that this is a thread that has biblical prophecy at its core, if you do not believe in God, Religion, the bible, or whatever, then that’s fine... you are free to contribute but please do not contribute with silly one line snipes and insults aimed at religion and the religious people. If you don’t like it... move on...

Ok... now that’s out of the way...

Does anyone remember the Fallen Angels Advert for Lynx deodorant?

I always found this advert a little strange. I now some Christians who were deeply offended by this advert but, if I am to be honest, I didn’t find it offensive... just a little odd. Maybe even a bit creepy. But, if I take off my religious cap and put on my capitalist one, I can see some of the reasoning behind it... the idea that Lynx deodorant is so powerful that even angles would give up their place in heaven just to be near the wearer of this deodorant (Even if Angles of the bible are not actually women)

However, due to the fact that many religious people would find this advert uncomfortable to watch, or even offensive, I believe that their target audience must be young men who are generally not of any religious belief of following. So... why use a religious theme at all??

We now have this advert...

Now this is much more ominous. The theme is biblical apocalypse one... much darker than the fallen angels with a repetitive chanting hip hop sound track. Imagery of humans trying to flee an impending disaster, flocks of birds trying to escape etc...

The main character builds an ark... but this time it’s not an attempt to save the creatures of the earth, it is a vessel for sin. It is beautiful women he intends to fill this ark with. He has built a wooden strip club room with a pole in the centre, a DJ booth, and a throne for himself. He has also built sleeping area with lots of very small individual pods which i find very creepy indeed. And the advert ends with "Happy end of the world"

Maybe it’s just me... but I can’t help thinking that this is another “hidden in plain sight” message. Almost like we are being mocked. They soundtrack reminded me of Jay z "on to the next one"

Now I realise that if you are not religious you probably will not see anything in this... but, for me, many adverts, music videos and films are becoming increasingly packed with apocalyptic imagery and occult symbolism. Anyway... if any of you guys have opinions on this advert, or have spotted any imagery/symbolism that I have missed it would be great to hear it. Also, if you can think of any other adverts that have a similar theme please post them here.

Peace

Muckster

edit on 7-11-2011 by Muckster because: fix broken link

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The girls in the lynch adverts help to take my mind off the end of the world

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
....Or maybe Apocalyptic/Alien Invasion themes are popular for advertisers these days!??
edit on 11/7/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Maybe... just like the 70's had a wave of disaster movies! Maybe that’s all we are seeing now... a trend! I haven’t ruled that out

Just a feeling in my gut... can’t explain it!

Peace

edit on 7-11-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's clearly a joke.. The end of the world to them only means less sales. Nothing happened the last time they did an end of the world advert. You're reading too far into nothing, as a lot of people do on here every day.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by garbageface

Over the last 15 or 20 years i have noticed a slow increase in this type of symbolism and imagery. And i have also noticed an acceleration in the last 5 years.

If ATS is not the place to discuss this sort of thing... then where?

I do see your point though... I am only slightly over the line that says conspiracy rather than the one that says coincidence. All too often this subject is discussed with border line hysteria and extreme paranoia.

But that does not mean that nothing is going on, does it??

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

I'm a fan of the Ark with a stripper pole.

I have noticed an uptick in EOD themed ads lately. Maybe just capitalizing on the fear-based public emotions, or, someone is actually sticking it to us. Or gently reminding us to be prepared. Media is so very controlled from the top down. Still think there's more to the Roland Emerich films too.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Gotta admit the "ATS" came out within me when I saw the new Lynx 2012 advert a few days ago..

I mean, why would Lynx go down the whole "2012 - end world hype" route?

Other than marketing ploy of course..Just struck me as a bit weird for a deodorant company to name their latest product..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Just a clever marketing gimmick. Didn't you know that apocalyptic marketing was the new thing? They are just trying to appeal to the "end of the world" crowd.

It kind of reminds me of those new Levi Jeans commercials, only in this case it's the Revolutionary/Activist crowd. ...Clever, but kind of insulting as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
2012 themes = big, big money these days. Check out all the 2012, Nostradamus, Ancient Alien pseudo history malarkey they put on the History Channel.
Sit back and enjoy the lack of armageddon!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by garbageface

Over the last 15 or 20 years i have noticed a slow increase in this type of symbolism and imagery. And i have also noticed an acceleration in the last 5 years.

If ATS is not the place to discuss this sort of thing... then where?

I do see your point though... I am only slightly over the line that says conspiracy rather than the one that says coincidence. All too often this subject is discussed with border line hysteria and extreme paranoia.

But that does not mean that nothing is going on, does it??

Peace

Thats because over 15/20 years the idea of end of the world and apocolypse etc has became more interesting to the public, with access to the internet even a novice can have a grasp of religous texts, myan calanders, nostrodamus type prediction edger cance(sp) and other things like translations of sumerian texts, this mean now people know about these things,

Cracked.com do articles on the most likey post apocolyptic realities etc, other general websites or humour websites write about things too, people then google search and get the info right there and then...

because of it being available in popular culture, some very well paid marketing guys see a way to exploit it... thats my opinion,

the views are not religous but information age based... you'd be shocked how many 18 year olds know about such things as the many subjects chatted about on here (crystal skulls, myans, atlantis, revelations) because they can access the info!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I Laughed Out Loud for that one, while I see your side as well my opinion is you are reading too much into it I think.

Trends are bandwagons marketing genius spend their time on while clever and mind opening as they are, that is what their intention was meant to be.

A riddle without serious intention is not worth extensive study IMO.

It's the same with music video's but not as lame, most times your seeing an artist interpretation of their surroundings and also, a message they wish to send out to the audience. Lot's of time's misinterpreted to their dismay.
edit on 7-11-2011 by EspyderMan because: grammar

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I got a few good bits of info from this thread...

1. lnyx looks just like axe which is what i use to make the bitches want to rape me
2. I should def build an ark if thats what will come on board to live (hot model types)
3. we are all going to die soon

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm surprised nobody commented on the 2012 - Happy End of The World vid where the can of spray says "Final Edition" on the top.

Now the religious theme I find intriguing. Is it really the "Final Edition" or is it just the scent before the "Heaven" scent comes out?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
....Or maybe Apocalyptic/Alien Invasion themes are popular for advertisers these days!??
edit on 11/7/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

That's what I thought too.

I saw this and was gonna bring it to ATS to see if anyone else thought it was as cool as I did but figured it would've already been posted, took several days/a week but here it is now.

No clue why people would be offended by the angels one, they must scream at a cup of coffee and call it the devil if that's the case.

I haven't used Lynx in a while, I usually go for whatever's available but I'm tempted to buy a can for the packaging (just like I tried to keep an old Marathon bar wrapper when I found out they were changing its name to Snickers but then it got thrown away, I still have my empty packet of Van Damme marshmellows though).

Sweet ad, nothing more. Plus the whole 2012 thing being in popular culture for a number of years.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The advert has now been banned in South Africa...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

South Africa's advertising watchdog has banned a television commercial depicting angels falling from heaven because they are attracted to a man's deodorant after a complaint from a Christian.

Personally, and I say this as a Christian, I don’t see the point of banning something because of one complaint... However, I can see how this advert would be offensive to many people of faith. It certainly doesn’t sit comfortably with me, if I’m honest!

Peace

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

That's insane.

So people complain about advertising companies earning billions but are willing to let those billions go to waste and go into people's bank accounts for doing nothing because they're not allowed to do their jobs and create something to sell a product?

Crazy world.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Make of this what you will...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
My son and I watched a Lynx ad here in the UK...it was for the 2012 one but it wasn't the same as the one you posted and was a lot longer....I'll see if it is on YouTube.
The 66666 ad gave me the creeps when I first saw it....yeaow!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I need to watch more TV.

Seem's I've completely missed the Ark Lynx ad thus far. The 63336 one I haven't seen in over a year, don't think they aired it very long, probably got tonnes of complaints for scaring kids.
These companies are just blatantly cashing in on the whole, Illuminati, end times bilge. Jumping on the bandwagon with everyone else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join