It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA's In Ur Brainz, Hacking Ur Storiez.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous

The subconscious is grinding away.

Gosh, what a fun time. I have the weirdest hobbies.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.personalityresearch.org...

This is discussing the tend-and-befriend response found primarily in women. I would theorize that in some cultures men are more likely to also show this trait, and I would suspect that it is greater in both genders of children.

This dovetails with a previous discussion I had with someone about women who are sexually mutable being more likely to live in dangerous situations. The "befriend" in general gets discussed in relation of female-to-female responses, but the natural progression is there.

In our narratives, you almost never see this "story." Perhaps it is far too primal? The male flight response is quite well covered in human stories.

So does this display that not all responses are regulated by some narrative?

Oh....or is this narrative taking place in pron? hmmmmm....

Now if anything can kill this thread, I'm sure this would be it.

edit on 2011/11/24 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Not the type of pron I watch (wrestling ladies, anyone)? But I kid.

I'd say that this process is being regulated by narrative, but in a negative way.

It does seem odd that the only treatments of female bonding are schlocky, shallow, or have a subtext of female competition. Particularly if that article is correct, and the tend/friend is just as essential to our survival as the fight/flight.

If the templates women are given for how to form friendships with each other consist of (pardon me, must stifle gag reflex) Sex and the City clones, does that adversely impact our species as a whole by subverting this deeply rooted need for women to have one another's backs?

Is there any conceivable benefit to the current power structure to be found in reinforcing superficial friendships/female competition among women? Keeps them too busy to ask for that 30% pay increase they've been due, I guess.
edit on 25-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
The bottom line, I don't want anyone reading my mind and I don't want to read anyone's mind either. GTFO! It is the abomination of desolation for sure.

'Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.'” -Lewis Carroll

I really couldn't care less if someone figures out my brain. In the last three months alone, I've completely rewired an entire section. How could anyone hope to keep up with that?

There have always been people who can glean parts of your story.

Even God won't force you to be part of story, though I might say that God doesn't always provide full disclosure on what it might mean for you.

Why would you think you don't have the option of rejecting what some egghead came up with?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I've been thinking about the female bond and I think I have the germ of an idea.

In primates, including us, the female ruled societal model is usually greased with sex. Bonobo chimpanzees and Iceland.
(I'm giving Frater some company here.
)

This model doesn't leave much room for men as something with any personal direction, and is discouraging to some of their best traits.
edit on 2011/11/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

In primates, including us, the female ruled societal model is usually greased with sex. Bonobo chimpanzees and Iceland.

And the rally cry of, "Yes, dear." on every man's lips in those singular societies.

(I'm giving Frater some company here.
)

We do appear to be the only ones left at this party.

This model doesn't leave much room for men as something with any personal direction, and is discouraging to some of their best traits.

Why, men are still plenty useful for lifting heavy s***, and the matriarchs have a lot of heavy s*** they need lifted.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why, men are still plenty useful for lifting heavy s***, and the matriarchs have a lot of heavy s*** they need lifted.

We live to serve the Goddess*. What can I say.

*I am only half joking.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I read some books at one point about Warrior Queens - women in leadership roles in military actions in the past and how their mostly/all male warriors reacted to them. It was a very interesting read. I don't know how fanciful it was as it was mostly historical narrative and not an analysis of the facts.

Been looking at brain structures to see how the story of the abstraction which I call "I" comes about.

thebrain.mcgill.ca...

At the top of you can click the images to go from beginner to advanced, and peruse the levels of organization.

British psychologist and educator Guy Claxton offers a theory of the origins of consciousness that is consistent with this premise. He suggests that consciousness originally emerged as a rare phenomenon associated with the state of hypervigilance that arises in emergencies when the individual’s survival is threatened. Claxton theorizes that the brain may have developed the ability to make this state permanent, whereas originally it was only a secondary effect with no more functional significance than the colour of the liver, or the fact that when the sea is agitated, its colour can change from blue to white. And so, according to Claxton, it is humanity’s great misfortune that this state, which was originally a rare, ephemeral phenomenon much like a sneeze or an orgasm, has now become our baseline mental state, causing us to constantly construct stories of questionable accuracy about ourselves and others so as to lend coherence to our subjective sense of being ourselves.

Being aware and conscious is to be in a state of constant hypervigilence reserved for emergencies in other species. That our story of ourselves is like being in a state of constant personal information orgasm.

The impression that consciousness gives us of having a mind detached from our body, even if this impression is false, might be adaptive inasmuch as it increases the value that we place on our own lives, as well as on other people’s.

Why the herd is important, and how being human means creating stories that re-enforce the consciousness?

This might put all the "wake up!" people on conspiracy boards into a group that are attempting to be like merkats meeping at the crowd to just make sure.

edit on 2011/11/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/11/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.scientificamerican.com...

About the use of electrical stimulation to produce rapid creation of organized neural networks.

I wonder if your executive functions can be co-opted to force your brain to do the same thing. Intentionally use a self-narrative to ramp up your brain's potential to create organized neural wiring?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I wonder if your executive functions can be co-opted to force your brain to do the same thing. Intentionally use a self-narrative to ramp up your brain's potential to create organized neural wiring?

You two make me feel like I just crawled out of the darkest woods. I am in the presence of genius. I took a look at the Sci Amer article and was just floored. I knew they knew this but I didn't expect to see an image of some poor trooper with electrodes meshed to her scalp.

Not to say I probably wouldn't be cuttin' in line for a chance to try it myself.

Yeah I think they do that, or if they haven't thought of it this thread must be making them feel like they need to, like, get more rest or eat better or something. I feel as though that is precisely how it can be done.

Install meta-narrative/s>stimulate meta-narratives at any given point with manifold output to spin up drives.once drives are up to speed update meta-narrative. It's like stuxnet, the narrato-virus can be installed from an RTU. Sumpin' like dat.

I am so sorry I have been away and all of my catching up has gotten out of control. I have been involved in a joint astronomy project that has been very absorbing.
edit on 1-12-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I posted this in another forum, but relevant here:

Very deep thread, but not one I am a stranger to.
Stories, and in our early days of existence, oral traditions defined us as a people. Our traditions, our way of life was dictated by these stories. If an orator got something wrong, it could have serious repercussions for the generations that followed. This also follows along the lines of subliminal tampering. I know when I was in high school, my step brother was taking Spanish. He was behind, so they gave him 45 rpm records to bring home to help him. He would put it on the record player when we went to bed and that thing would play all night. To this day I can recite that entire record flawlessly. Now imagine TPTB transmitting something hidden in your media. How long before your sub-conscience mind accepted what it was being told and changed your opinion or demeanor about something. Maybe causing you to vote for someone you would have otherwise not voted for? Or to purchase something, maybe turn on a friend. The boundaries are limitless. I think this is one reason that if you poll ATS members, you will find a great majority do not spend a large amount of time "tuned in" to media. I think this is probably the reason we can have these discussions. They haven't gotten to us yet.

Conspiracy enough for ya?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Welcome to the party, dude.

You know what your observations re: oral tradition vs. modern indoctrination call to mind?

Morphogenic fields.

I know it's not a reasonable leap, but hear me out. There is a notion that cultural patterns take on their own inertia, that the means of transmission of our tropes is a secondary function of these patterns. The message perpetuates itself in spite of the medium.

We all get formed en masse by these monstrous, shifting forces that existed before we were born, and will continue to persist after we die, largely unaltered by our having lived at all. So, are we in for a acceleration of this phenom?

Or are we at a point where individual thoughts and actions can alter and form that which we have hitherto been passively sculpted by?

Related reading:

p2pfoundation.net...

p2pfoundation.net...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I tend to agree with that. I think there are things that can be passed down to an embryo as a direct result of an interaction or emotional state of the mother. Case in point is the study of music being played to a fetus. now some researchers claim that they can see responsiveness from a fetus due to musical stimulation, while others disagree. I am more inclined to think it does. Studies have also shown that children who listen to classical music while studying or doing homework fare much better in school than those who do not. If we are to believe that our oral traditions, or even the mere act of existing can influence an unborn child, then we are facing a new frontier that opens a whole new can of worms.

I can see in my kids a difference in both their personalities and their educational patterns based on what they experienced as an infant. My oldest was read to every night from the time he was born until he could read himself. We slacked off on the youngest, and the reading was sporadic. My oldest is very intelligent and does quite well in school, taking advanced classes. My youngest, while also intelligent, takes longer to grasp new concepts. He is not in advanced classes. So this leads me to believe that by reading to my oldest his mind developed much faster than my youngest one's did.

We all know that our experiences are what shapes our lives. So it is not a far stretch to also conclude that our experiences also influence our children from the time of conception forward. If this in fact the case, then the military implications are quite profound.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

"Stories exert a powerful influence on human thoughts and behavior. They consolidate memory, shape emotions, cue heuristics and biases in judgment, influence in-group/out-group distinctions, and may affect the fundamental contents of personal identity..."

Victor Dix was one of my Merc School grads, later went on to a long career with various agencies including CIA and DIA. In private life, he fell into working security for Warner Bothers and consulting with various TV programs including "The Unit".

His latest included personnel security for Warners Leavesden and the Harry Potter movie series. he has many times talked about the interest that DoD and similar has had in the influence of the HP septology and adaptions in particular the affect of them on the under 40 mindset in accepting the premises of parallel worlds and unseen but known happenings in those worlds.

Dix claims that the interest is UFO and alien based.

edit on 12/15/11 by LiveToSpendIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Howdy, Frank. Good to have you.

... DoD and similar has had in the influence of the HP septology and adaptions in particular the affect of them on the under 40 mindset in accepting the premises of parallel worlds and unseen but known happenings in those worlds.

Mother of God, what could they be softening us up for?
Pity the kids with those plasticine minds; all the strange channels being hydrodrilled into their neural architecture. Supermarket literature is the new faith.

Huh. Is the fantasy just easier to swallow than the sci-fi? Is that why they're taking such an indirect route?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh hey. Remember that time 20 min. back when I made a crack about HP being the new religion? I was even going to throw a reference to the Bible in there, but figured it was maybe a bit tacky.

Then, following up with Frank's info, I came across this

Either at some point in the past, present or future, the Bible has,
did, or will lose this claim. I offer that the Bible in the Western
World dominated by Christianity still is.

Harry Potter has the best shot at universal dominance as the shared
text since its distribution is biblical in scale, de-Babelized and
non-geographic.

Oh boy.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Is there any conceivable benefit to the current power structure to be found in reinforcing superficial friendships/female competition among women? Keeps them too busy to ask for that 30% pay increase they've been due, I guess.

Yes. Each gender has a list of neutralizing kryptonites, they must; right? I have been finally going over these posts very, very slowly.

Let's start a list of reasons why Women kind should be kept distracted with poisonous narrative:

1. They will start talking about other stuff like what is in this thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

Howdy, Frank. Good to have you.

Back @ you!

... DoD and similar has had in the influence of the HP septology and adaptions in particular the affect of them on the under 40 mindset in accepting the premises of parallel worlds and unseen but known happenings in those worlds.

Mother of God, what could they be softening us up for?
Pity the kids with those plasticine minds; all the strange channels being hydrodrilled into their neural architecture. Supermarket literature is the new faith.

I'd have to disagree with this,mistermonculous, that is that Potter is supermarket lit. More later below.

Huh. Is the fantasy just easier to swallow than the sci-fi? Is that why they're taking such an indirect route?

I received just a touch of this in my MkUltra training, this concept DARPA is studying in StorYnet. There is a fine psyoperational line between fantasy, fairy tales and sci-fi.

As I remember, the relationship the human mind makes with concepts that generate more consciousness activity, that better relate consciousness with our physical medium, the greater the psyoperational impact (and remembering). Apparently, in some, a majority or minority I don't know, but in many there is greater effect from Harry Potter like fantasy although by literal definition, HP is neither fantasy, fairy tale or sci-fi.

This "none of the above but parts of each" that Harry Potter truly is, is what Dix referred to as the "vital combination, the acid drip" of mind penetration. Interesting stuff.

Concerning the UFO/alien issue, the way that Victor Dix explained this phenomena is that the interest of the acceptance of worlds (Wizards) that cohabit with us commoners (Muggles) - yet this cohabitation is scene as something of a snapshot of short term activities (like UFOs, like Wizards) - is of great interest since, as I am sure you can now relate, is very much like the UFO-human interaction.

We know they are there, we see them from time to time, they are still 99% foreign to us, they are apart of our everyday life yet...what do we really know about them?

As an aside, I ran across Victor Dix after years when I was researching alchemical symbology in Harry Potter for a client. Dix is the nazz on this and has discussed the subject of DoD. alchemy and similar subjects with Joseph Farrell and several others in the high end of the researching community.
edit on 12/16/11 by LiveToSpendIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

Oh hey. Remember that time 20 min. back when I made a crack about HP being the new religion? I was even going to throw a reference to the Bible in there, but figured it was maybe a bit tacky.

Then, following up with Frank's info, I came across this

Good catch, btw VD = Victor Dix.

Here's the Google Groups link.

Victor Dix On All Things Harry Potter

Either at some point in the past, present or future, the Bible has,
did, or will lose this claim. I offer that the Bible in the Western
World dominated by Christianity still is.

Harry Potter has the best shot at universal dominance as the shared
text since its distribution is biblical in scale, de-Babelized and
non-geographic.

Oh boy.

This "shared text" is the key to this quote. It registers the fact that Harry Potter has become an inbred cultural imagery, the billions of people who relate to the story, the billions of books sold, the millions who have participated to this day frequently and actively in discussions about Harry Potter, is absolutely amazing.

Harry Potter has become the most important medium to deliver messages, to heavily imprint those messages, to the masses since the Bible.

It is my conjecture that J. K. Rowling was heavily influenced by international intelligence (specifically CIA) in writing the books after Book Three - Prisoner of Azkaban.

It is stated as fact by Dix since he was intimately familiar with Rowling, IAs and Warner Brothers that several of the actors in the movie series were under close, daily surveillance. Rowling herself was "assisted" in the compilation of the final four books partly because of what we are discussing (impacts, psyoperations etc) and partly because she was nearly completely bonkers-nutz.
edit on 12/16/11 by LiveToSpendIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

Okay, Frank, I confess I am at a disadvantage here. I am not only narrative immune to HP, I might be narrative allergic. Crushed the first six in a seven-hour period once when I had the flu over @ my ex's place. It was the mental equivalent of the fois-gras process, my febrile brain having warm mush shoveled down its gullet.

I'm not trying to be a bastard, here, and I realize that HP is highly regarded by many. But, I believe my adverse reaction gives me a unique perspective. What's the mandate again?

*Assemble a story.
*Tune that story to resonate with the lowest common denominator.
*Use that story to smuggle your agenda into the muggle's minds.

I don't know if you've slogged your way through this whole thread, but there's a post back there by Aeons where she quite astutely observes that some people seem to be pure expressions of the environment.

I think VD's maybe right, in a way, to regard HP as being today's General Text. But he seems to think that the Text is a molding force. I'd say the text is just a by-product of the culture, not a formative trope. The books are an expression of the environment, and perhaps serve a regulative function.

I am speculating that this is why HP is being looked into: not because it shapes culture, but because it neutralizes it.

edit to add:

I realize I neglected to address the other, probably secondary cause of military interest: I think VD's on the money here. "How do we most effectively induce a quasi-permanent state of suspended disbelief in our population? Oh, I know. Let's go hassle Rowling. If we can find out how she manages to make people believe in magic without resorting to Religion, we can really start cooking with gas."

Which may or may not have much to do with UFO stuff, there are all sorts of potential cons you can run on a person shuffling around in fugue state.
edit on 16-12-2011 by mistermonculous because: add-add.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join