DARPA's In Ur Brainz, Hacking Ur Storiez.

page: 3
26
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous

Strange times indeed when studies are made to try to explain some of the most abstract of matters: the interpretation of stories and its effects on the mind.
One would believe that only an advanced society that has left behind poverty, hunger, social unrest and inequality could dare to plumb responsibly in the deepest end of human consciousness, this anything goes attitude will help erode even more the thin fabric holding these modern societies "together".


The state seeks to ease cultural tensions (and colonialist transitions) by engineering what people are told about each other. Which, if the narrative fails to accurately reflect reality is probably going to go poorly. Either the target group won't buy it, or they will and be butthurt when they inevitably encounter situations that don't square up with the story they were told.

Although it is very nice to think that stories can alter cultural realities in a way that outbids force or social action, it might amount to no more than a fairy tale.

Selling us ourselves is easy.

Selling us each other is a sticky wicket.
edit on 8-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)


Exactly so. The current versions are full of lies too. Trying to promote mutually exclusive stories about "who we are" is bound to become a problem.




posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistermonculous
reply to post by Jinglelord
 


You know what I think? The major difference between us and our human counterparts in the Edwardian age is the degree of narcissism fostered in us by our culture.

They sold the Edwardians a product.

They sell us Ourselves.
edit on 8-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)


Judging by my very limited knowledge of advertisements of this style (Edwardian I suppose?) I would disagree. They are not selling a product. They are selling the idea of status, they are selling prestige. Just look at that ad! There is a haughty, obviously wealthy woman being served in fine china by a humble servant...

Now look at the new ad. We have almost the same thing except there are many servants preparing the coffee the whole way along.

Granted this is a vulgar assessment but in my estimation it is warranted and in no way coincidental. The advertising, the story is the exact same. One is more elegant and simple while the other is more formulaic and contrived. Just what we theorized would happen correct? Well we already see it when comparisons are made.

The circle is complete, the sex is out. I think the sex ads are more honest.



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by mistermonculous

Strange times indeed when studies are made to try to explain some of the most abstract of matters: the interpretation of stories and its effects on the mind.
One would believe that only an advanced society that has left behind poverty, hunger, social unrest and inequality could dare to plumb responsibly in the deepest end of human consciousness, this anything goes attitude will help erode even more the thin fabric holding these modern societies "together".


The state seeks to ease cultural tensions (and colonialist transitions) by engineering what people are told about each other. Which, if the narrative fails to accurately reflect reality is probably going to go poorly. Either the target group won't buy it, or they will and be butthurt when they inevitably encounter situations that don't square up with the story they were told.

Although it is very nice to think that stories can alter cultural realities in a way that outbids force or social action, it might amount to no more than a fairy tale.

Selling us ourselves is easy.

Selling us each other is a sticky wicket.
edit on 8-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: (no reason given)


Exactly so. The current versions are full of lies too. Trying to promote mutually exclusive stories about "who we are" is bound to become a problem.



If I were the evil propaganda mastermind with access to this technology and a whole lot of media sway I think the trick would be selling a third party as the self which both groups would have to identify with.

Take modern hip-hop for example. This isn't really black or white music but is crafted so bland so as to appeal to both groups. This story is the new story that both groups are having sold to them as them selves and then all of the sudden all the years of "People are all the same" fits into this puzzle and it makes sense so they move along until in a few generations they really are all the same and easier to manipulate.

This would after all be the goal of all initial stories, which fortunately PC culture corporate marketing has been feeding everyone for awhile is that we are all the same. Once we all get the same bland story getting two groups to see two mutually exclusive stories becomes a moot point...



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Now all they have to do is rip out anything resembling rationality.



Autosarcophagy. What a great word.
edit on 2011/11/8 by Aeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord
 

Take modern hip-hop for example. This isn't really black or white music but is crafted so bland so as to appeal to both groups. This story is the new story that both groups are having sold to them as them selves and then all of the sudden all the years of "People are all the same" fits into this puzzle and it makes sense so they move along until in a few generations they really are all the same and easier to manipulate.

This would after all be the goal of all initial stories, which fortunately PC culture corporate marketing has been feeding everyone for awhile is that we are all the same. Once we all get the same bland story getting two groups to see two mutually exclusive stories becomes a moot point...







posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons
 

Now all they have to do is rip out anything resembling rationality.




I rest my case.

I want to be a cobra eating GREY Hamster/Honey Badger riding around in my Kia Soul munching some delicious pistachio's listening to generic multicultural music.

I can relate to that! timewalker don't give a ship.


Vote ~ WERE ALL THE SAME!
edit on 8-11-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Another negative thing about this is that they develop multimillion if not multi billion dollar weapon systems with our Ideas and don't pay a penny for it! They strut around saying things like "we are smarter than you are" and mock us with these nasty technologies. They wouldn't have jack if they were not stealing our ideas right out of our minds. The ultimate thieves. Governments want to get on China for Intellectual property right thievery however they are hypocrites because they are doing the same thing to many of us. It is called Pharming like pharmacy. They farm our ideas, claim them for their own and develop them or sell them to corporations to build them. I am not saying all of their ideas are gathered that way however do the math. Either way, some nasty s@*$ if you ask me.



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mistermonculous
 

But my brain is filled millions of atoms.
edit on 8-11-2011 by TruthDamnTruth because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker
 


31 mpg on the freeway and a hamster endorsement! I'm in.

Thank you for so eloquently punctuating my point kind sir.

By the way I do think that is an awesome commercial. Something to consider is that focusing on the commercial advertising applications might be helpful to help recognize the real stories meant to manipulate.

The stories would be news stories, the would be movies, novels, television shows. These are what we need to watch because this is where you will be manipulated.

Or maybe we should have all spent a lot more time reading Phillip Dick...




posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord
 
Funny. I started to use that one. I was thinking of the MRI to detect how people react to given product. The I said no, because that is more direct marketing already passing through the MRI.



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker
 


I just like how it tied in neatly with the earlier conversation about science fiction shaping so much of reality today. Sadly it seems the dystopian writers may have invented framework for despots everywhere.

Wouldn't it be amusing to discover that people like Dick and Orwell actually laid the foundation for otherwise unimaginative despots to rule by? I know at least Dick would get a great kick out of the irony.



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D
 


Frankly, I don't have enough time to become an expert in enough areas to develop everything I ever think of.

I need a teams of scientists at my beck and call.



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Another negative thing about this is that they develop multimillion if not multi billion dollar weapon systems with our Ideas and don't pay a penny for it! They strut around saying things like "we are smarter than you are" and mock us with these nasty technologies. They wouldn't have jack if they were not stealing our ideas right out of our minds. The ultimate thieves. Governments want to get on China for Intellectual property right thievery however they are hypocrites because they are doing the same thing to many of us. It is called Pharming like pharmacy. They farm our ideas, claim them for their own and develop them or sell them to corporations to build them. I am not saying all of their ideas are gathered that way however do the math. Either way, some nasty s@*$ if you ask me.


I think this is more about molding the ideas than stealing them. Stealing ideas is and has always been much easier. No real technology required. Besides if you came up with a nifty weapons system you could only sell it the government. Which by the way I agree with...



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by Mr. D
 


Frankly, I don't have enough time to become an expert in enough areas to develop everything I ever think of.

I need a teams of scientists at my beck and call.


I understand that, how about compensating people for their intellectual property rights? Even it is only a few percent? It might make people more apt to help willingly instead of making enemies of everyone.



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord
 
Just look on the streets. Truth is stranger than fiction, or is it? I'm afraid were actually too late.



Occupy's V for Vendetta protest mask is a symbol of festive citizenship




This is the face of protest in 2011. At Occupy demonstrations from Wall Street to St Paul's people choose to wear the same mask, an eerie phantom face of a diabolical musketeer, a cheerfully sinister underground d'Artagnan. The mask started its revolutionary career as the public face of the Anonymous movement. All in all it marks a massive change of fortune for one of British history's greatest villains.


source



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker
 


Because someone already wrote the correct response in a book I need only quote here:

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams

I blame this all on the Noonauts for figuring out what the universe is for, now see what you've done!



posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jinglelord

Originally posted by Mr. D
Another negative thing about this is that they develop multimillion if not multi billion dollar weapon systems with our Ideas and don't pay a penny for it! They strut around saying things like "we are smarter than you are" and mock us with these nasty technologies. They wouldn't have jack if they were not stealing our ideas right out of our minds. The ultimate thieves. Governments want to get on China for Intellectual property right thievery however they are hypocrites because they are doing the same thing to many of us. It is called Pharming like pharmacy. They farm our ideas, claim them for their own and develop them or sell them to corporations to build them. I am not saying all of their ideas are gathered that way however do the math. Either way, some nasty s@*$ if you ask me.


I think this is more about molding the ideas than stealing them. Stealing ideas is and has always been much easier. No real technology required. Besides if you came up with a nifty weapons system you could only sell it the government. Which by the way I agree with...


That's just it, they are not "buying" anything they are stealing it by coercion, torture and thievery. Not exactly a way to make people want to help them.



posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   



I can see a case for sudden emergence of a sub-species.


New functions, new wetwork. Hey, are you thinking that the real-time rerouting is done via drilling a highly personalized narrative and reinforcing it with dopamine and muscle memory?

Thanks for posting the contents of the broken link. Much obliged, ma'am.
edit on 8-11-2011 by mistermonculous because: oops.




I reconsidered this. Perhaps what this is is closer to the original base model. The ancestors who could and did adapt to a thousand different environments successfully.

That the sub is homo sapiens sapiens domesticus.

Probably an overstatement, but I think the metaphor could have some validity.
edit on 2011/11/9 by Aeons because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Only in the act of creative imagination ,
do we trully reflect the creator.

If you use the quote please credit me hehehe , cause I just thunk it up.
(If I ever see this one credited to Einstein some ones gona be sorry LOL)



posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Only in the act of creative imagination ,
do we trully reflect the creator.

If you use the quote please credit me hehehe , cause I just thunk it up.
(If I ever see this one credited to Einstein some ones gona be sorry LOL)


Your signature: Let us make man in our Image is not exactly creating man, what part of that don't you understand? Their is a huge difference between making and creating......there is nothing new under the sun.





new topics
top topics
 
26
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join