It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yeah, Nygdan we're kinda on the same page but ,(bear with my lunacy for just a moment), what if the global flood issue was never really an issue at all? This is what we have: A "history" lesson about some guy from the first civilization (Ur in Sumeria - present day Iraq) who was told by God, the Creator, the Annunaki, whatever that he was to take "the seed of every living thing" (according to the original Sumerian account) with him on a journey because the locals had become wicked and had turned away from their "God" or creators. So he takes the seed of every living thing away from these people so that it would be safe. Okay- now would it change the story too much if he was on foot? Or a camel? Not really. Either way it's only his mode of transportation. The important part of the story was the fact that this guy, (Noah, Utnapishtim, whatever you wanna call him) was told by some higher power to take this thing (not animals - we all know that's BS) somewhere to be kept safe from these locals and their demise. Ya dig man?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Why would he be taking something that can reproduce all living things (irregardles of the method and mechanism) if its just a local flood? Why take anything if its a local flood, 'snot required in the thousands upon thousands of other local floods that have happened throughout history?

I think that there is a truth to the flood story from teh gilgamesh epic and the bible and all the other myhtologies that it appears in, and that that truth is that these local populations experienced a flood and later on told a story about a person surviving the flood and coming back. I also think that this type of story is made up of themes that are nigh universal to human cultures, and thats why when they are told in whatever local variation/form, they keep on being told and are with us today.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yeah man I think you're still on the same track. I don't have any answers- you know? Maybe you can help. Lemme lay this on you. What if the seed of every living thing was more akin to the "tree of life" in the garden of eden? Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden, (again man lemme say I know this story is at best allegorical), so they wouldn't eat of the tree of life and live forever. Right? Why? Was it because if you live forever anything you want to do becomes only a matter of time (which becomes moot 'cause time is now meaningless) ? So if this seed of every living thing was something like that it would make more sense to protect it from wicked people (who would become wicked "gods") than any natural catastrophe. And could a story like that be important enough to pass down from generation to generation by migratory societies? I don't know man- just don't get me started on why we're in Iraq and the looting of the National Museum in Bagdad (sp?).

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ark of the Covenant is here and kept portected.... If you look at it your supposed to explode or somat but i sooo wanna just take a peak

LINK

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Are you talkin about the little church in Africa?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join